“Clean and Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Kannapolis
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Clean and Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been through here a few times visiting family and always stay here. Each time the staff has been very accomodating and the rooms have been clean. I even got to use the pool this last time and that was fantastic as it was hot! Love this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

It is near to the Car Racing track. Cigarette burns on bedding, old white paint n every wall, noise all night as door has large gaps, bathroom, no plugs in sinks or bath and desperately in need of refurbishment and new paintwork, dark, scratched and old furniture, room smells of damp. $49 too expensive for this room! Meal at grill next door was not good

Room Tip: Keep driving and find another stop over!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kannapolis hotels

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Disgusting. Both the bed linens and towels were dirty. The bathroom area barely had working lights. The room had an odor that kept me awake most of the night. The manager had the nerve to tell my husband not to bring breakfast back to the room, because it could attract bugs. Seriously!!?? The room was more disgusting than a gas station restroom.

Room Tip: My best advice is to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kuna, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Although an inexpensive hotel, the management and service is terrific. I had a problem with noise next door and they came and took care of it right away. I also had to stay for long term so they gave me a great discount. Very clean and well taken care of property.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are away from road. But road side rooms are also quite.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We had to stay here because of work being done on our house. Everyone was helpful, they even gave us a discount because of our home situation. Would stay here again and would recommend friends and family to stay here.

Room Tip: ask for a micro/fridge
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This place is disgusting. Not clean at all. Towels were dirty and had holes in them. The entire place is not well kept. I didn't expect a palace, but seriously.....I considered not even sleeping there even though I was only there for one night. Checked in early afternoon, dropped our belongings off, and immediately left for our destination. Returned to the hotel at 11 p.m. to go to sleep and found the one bed was wet!!!!!! Seriously, my husband took the wet sheets and pad to the front desk and got an argument from them. Really???? Obviously the maid put the sheets/pad on before they were dry. Never again. In fact, this stop was part of a 15 day family vacation, and I had reservations at another econo lodge in another city and I canceled them and changed to a comfort suites. will be reporting hotel to corporate as well. unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have stayed here once before and were so glad to find a place so low priced at 1am so we were not there long enough to have any complaints, since the room was clean and nice and in good repair with a fridge, micro wave and no bed bugs! (I always check). last time (in April) they ran my debit card 5 times causing my account to be frozen.
This time (August) we checked in, asked for extra towles since we had our young child with us and there were only 2 towels, but were told they were in the laundry they would send them when finished, and neither our phone or our toilet worked . I called the office to let them know about the toilet and she couldn't hear me , so I used my cell phone telling them I wanted a different rooma nd why, and of course ended up having to walk back down to the office (the whole time having a 7 yr old who needed to go potty) I found him a bathroom and told the woman our phone didn't work and our toilet wouldn't flush. she sent an 80 pond woman down with a plunger who let my husband plunge it, and said he could see a bar of soap in it but it wasn't coming out, so the small woman went back down to the office with me in tow, and I explained to the manager we wanted a different room because neither toilet or phone worked. He then followed me all the way back to the room again explaining to me that "these people put things down the toilet and he was likely going to have to pull the whole toilet out" I pointed out we just got there and had no time to damage anything. He said he k new that it wasn't us, and when we entered the room my husband had pulled out the bar of soap and about 150 nails some one stuffed down the toilet! he then decided our toilet was indeed actually not working, and proceded to check the phone, he dialed and spoke into the phone and said it seems to work fine, to which I said she can't hear you (as he never stopped to see if she was answering ) and then when he asked if she could hear him, this is when he finallly realised the phone also was indeed broken (because you wouldn't want to take my word for it ). And of course I had to walk to the office again to get keys to a new room (which was the first room we stayed in last april).
we also had to go down & ask for bedding for the hide away bed for my son and his wife apparently was unaware you use 2 sheets to make a bed so I had to go back and get another sheet. (still no towels) .
we finally after driving all night & making about 8 different trips to the office on the other side and end of the building, we settled down about 3pm for a nap, & the bed was fine a/c worked, no HBO as advertised though, by 6 pm still no towels for JR so I went to get ice and towels, the ice machines (ALL OF THEM) were not working. I was able to get about 3 cups of ice ( the next morning they still were not working) we were going to swim but it thunder stormed so we told JR we would swim the following morning only to find out they don't open the pool until after check out. (even if it is 90 degrees by 9am) and ofcourse you do have to ask your office for pool towels. (small pool about 10x20)
They do offer a very nice continental breakfast including fresh waffles. He does tend to only put out a few items at a time to slow the consumption I think. (there is a large sign stating not to take any food out).
I would say I was mostly annoyed, and overly tired as we drove thru the night, but in all fairness we would probably stay there again, it is clean & safe and less expensive then nearby competitors. (and the no bed bugs is a big selling point) I love that each room has microwave and fridge, it is very handy when traveling with kids. And this place is nice and quiet.
We just watch our credit card carefully to make sure that the charges are correct and that the added 15% deposit comes off after we leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge -Kannapolis? Share your experiences!