“Well I am glad others had a nice stay.Ha.” 2 of 5 stars

Home-Towne Suites of Kannapolis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Cloverleaf Pkwy, Kannapolis, NC 28083   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
Hinton, West Virginia
“Well I am glad others had a nice stay.Ha.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am normally not negative but I shall dwell into that on this one. We traveled on business for a dance competition to find a very nice exterior appearance of the hotel and sadly the smile ended there. 1.We entered the hotel to find our room canceled because our confirmation was mixed up and had to rebook at not the original 10-day ahead price but $15 more a night. 2. We saw a cockroach in the lobby and alerted the Front desk which they were very accomodating about. 3. We saw a coachroach in our Hotel Room which they simply came and got and no offer for a different room. 4. Did I mention the Hotel caught on fire? Yes someone was cooking and caught there room on fire. (This is an extended stay so NO ONE stays overnight to watch and residents were there to fend for themselves during the brief fire before the Fire Department quickly extinguished.) 5. The outlets were torn out of the wall and for a 2 years that is very scary and finally 6. I saw another cockroach as I left in the lobby..Sorry will not be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HTS000, General Manager at Home-Towne Suites of Kannapolis, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for your review and email and allowing us to address the situations you encountered. I am sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your stay with us. Obviously that is not our goal in serving our guests' needs.

First, I want to reassure you the hotel did not catch on fire. A guest left a pot on the stove too long, producing smoke. The alarms went off and summoned the Fire Department before the situation could escalate into something far worse. While our office had not yet opened that morning, our onsite staff member was indeed visible and handling things throughout the entire procedure.

The loose outlet you mentioned is now tightened back down and secure. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Upon following up with my team members who were working throughout the days in question, what remains unclear is the situation you encountered with cockroaches. We don’t recall speaking with you or anyone else about anything of this nature. To be cautious after receiving your email we did contact our exterminator to inspect the areas in question just to be safe and they reported no issues.

We hope to one day serve you again and will make every effort to ensure your next stay is outstanding.

Sherri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Davie, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

i really loved this place!! i had a month long rotation in concord and was really anxious about where i was going to stay and how much it was going to cost and then i found this hotel and it was just like a miracle. the rates were incredible for a 28-night stay. housekeeping was really good. the staff was super warm and friendly and showed genuine concern for me. and the room was just perfect!!!!! i had a full kitchen with a complete dining ware set and even pots and pans! there was a flat screen TV, a sofa, and a desk, which was perfect for when i had to work on projects for my rotation. and to top it all off, they had a complimentary dinner every Tuesday night for all the guests, which was always really delicious!!! all in all, i would definitely come back here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and i stayed at this hotel while in town to arrange the funeral of our Dad. The front desk staff was very polite, professional, considerate, and helpful. I hotel was clean, quiet and pleasant, and the General Manager Ms. Sheri Angell was extremely courteous. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that plan on visiting this city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites of Kannapolis, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We're sorry to hear of your loss and glad that our hotel could be of service to you during this difficult time. Wishing you and your family the best in the new year.
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed several times at this hotel and love everything about it! I can't find one thing to complain about. The front desk staff and cleaning staff are extremely nice and try their hardest to get to know you and your family. Which makes the stay so much more pleasant! The manager is especially kind. She definitely knows how to make sure everybody from adults, children and even animals feel right at home. The rates are very reasonable and the beds to the pillows are to die for! Comfiest thing I've ever slept on. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My name is John and I am a Superintendent with an International Construction Management firm doing a project in Midland, NC and have stayed at the Hometowne for nearly a year. My extended rate has been more than fair and the service has been wonderful. The staff is very polite and have gone out of their way to make sure that I feel at home. This is truely a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
China Grove, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

we stayed here overnight while we moved my elderly mother into a nursing home in concord. the guy at the desk who checked us in was very nice, as was the girl who was there the following morning. the room was clean, smelled good, had a comfortable bed, but the bathroom was a tad bit small. It was actually a little more room than We needed, but it was still a good stay. the Hotel was very quiet that night -thankfully since we had to be up so early. would definitely Stay here again if we needed to!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My name is Tammy and I stayed 3 nights at Hometown Suites in July, 2012. I called and spoke to a gentleman on the phone who was very polite and he gave me the room for the same price as the "Hell"-iday Inn in Concord. I arrived around 4pm and the same guy was at the front desk checking in other guests. He was just as nice in person as he was over the phone. We stayed on the second floor - the room was very clean and the bedding was amazing...even more comfortable than mine at home! We checked out on Friday and Gerald (?) at the front desk gave us directions to Enterprise and told us to come back again. I definitely will when I'm in the area again. Thanks to all the staff who made us feel so welcome! Truly a great place to stay!!|

My ONLY complaint: NO POOL!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Home-Towne Suites of Kannapolis? Share your experiences!