“Wont be back!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
Roanoke, Virginia
“Wont be back!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I made our reservations and called ahead to let them know we would arrive after nine. Clerk very nice and helpful. Arrived and was sent to a room with two people already sleeping in the bed. Waited almost an hour to be told we would be sent over to another hotel. Now we are approaching 10:00 pm have traveled with three children and do not wish to be sent anywhere I am not familiar with. we made our own reservations instead with a more dependable name in the hotel industry. They held our money because they ran the credit/debit through and we had to spend time on Saturday because it could not be freed up and we had to transfer funds. I have talked to the management a number of times with the request for them to cover our other hotel stay , contacted corporate offices and nothing has happened. Amazing that a large hotel chain can be that inconsiderate, unorganized and unable to meet a families needs.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kannapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

My stay lasts for the entire tax season of Nov through May. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location is close to most anything that's needed. The GM Andy CLapp exceeds expectations. The entire staff is professional and friendly. I would give each and every one of them a 5 star rating. I am a member of the BBB and Chamber of Commerce and have recommended friends and colleagues. This is my 2nd year staying at the Home Towne Suites and I will be back again next season. I highly recommend this location!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I booked this hotel last minute, when my flight home from Columbia, SC got cancelled. I had to drive for about 2 hours to get there from SC, but the hotel was totally worth it. My previous stay at an Extended Stay in SC was so terrible, and I didn't have high expectations about my last minute choice in NC. But when I got to my room...I was pleasantly surprised! The room had a nice little kitchenette, full-size refridgerator, microwave, and a 2 or 4 burner stove (I can't remember). I didn't use any of this, besides the refridgerator, but it was great all the same. The bathroom was almost as big as a small apartment bathroom, with a nice sized (and clean) shower. There was even cabinet space under the sink! There was a small connected living area, with a comfy couch and coffee table, and large dresser. There was a large flatscreen on top of the dresser, with crystal clear picture and additional hook-up's (for DVD's, game consoles, etc). The bed was AMAZING. King size, lots of pillows and comfy blankets. I wish I had stayed there the whole time...even if I had to drive 2 hours to Fort Jackson! Great hotel, I'd recommend it to anyone...the front desk staff was only one woman, as I got in after midnight, but she was very helpful and pleasant. The price wasn't bad, especially since it was last minute. Best "cheap" hotel I've ever been in!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

We relocated from Virginia Beach, Va and our new home was not going to close when we expected it to. We looked for value priced accomodations in the area and found that most extended stay hotels offered similar amenities, so we chose Home-Towne Suites for its location, hospitality and comfort for our needs. We don't have any kids, so the room layout was fine for us, the free internet a plus. What made our stay out of the ordinary was the friendliness of the staff. They were helpful in providing us with restaurant tips, local events and attractions, which enabled us to acclimate to our new neighborhood and the Charlotte area. We are now in our new home and continue to explore our community.........

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Greensboro,North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I went and stayed at this hotel and the clerk at the desk gave me room 205 and I went and looked and turned on the lights and the room was dirty and nasty and it was not clean. I went to the front desk and told the clerk I needed another room because that one was not clean. She apologized and gave me another room and that was clean other than that I had no more complaints.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

No, this isn't the Ritz but no one said it should be. I was worried prior to my stay due to the reviews from when this place was still a Main Stay. The hotel has it's pros and cons. The front desk staff was truly the nicest and most hospitable of any place I have ever stayed - whether it be a one star or a 4 star hotel. The location is easy to get to but is right off the interstate. I would imagine the rooms on the back side of the hotel could be noisy but the front side was no problem. Our room was small but spotlessly clean with a queen bed, a loveseat, a small bathroom, and a small kitchen area. The layout is not well thought out, but it was fine for a few nights. My only real complaint with the room was that there was no where to store or deal with an open suitcase (like the luggage racks you find in most hotels.) Unless you wanted to completely unpack - the closet was not big enough to fit a suitcase so it stayed in the middle of the room on the floor. Also - there are no hairdryers in the room so bring your own if you need one. The hotel does offer free wi-fi and the connection speed was great.

We were greeted warmly by the desk every time we came and went from the building and also thought a nice touch was the in -room basket of popcorn, coffee, and crystal light mix. No breakfast was served that we saw - just some coffee but there is an IHOP right around the corner.

Only other observation was that there seemed to be a lot of strange characters coming and going late at night. No one was a problem, just a lot of people pulling up in a car or even a taxi, going inside for 15 minutes and leaving again so I did have to wonder if this might be some kind of a drug dealing spot? Hopefully management will take care of this if that is the case before they drive off business as everyone was very nice and seemed to genuinely value our business. That would be the only reason I wouldn't recommend this hotel again. While I felt safe enough with my husband, had I been traveling alone I would have been leery of they many strange people coming and going who obviously weren't guests.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites of Kannapolis, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
The safety and comfort level of all of our guests is a top priority at our hotels. All public areas of the hotels as well as parking lots are monitored by security cameras. The office of our Kannapolis hotel is also open 24 hours. If while staying with us you encounter a situation which leads to your feeling unsafe, please address the situation directly with management at that time.

After checking on the timeframe of your stay with our General Manager, I discovered that we had several extended stay business guests in house who were without transportation other than that provided by their company to and from work. Therefore, after their workday ended, they often made quick trips in and out to stores and restaurants, usually by taxi.

Thanks for choosing to stay at Home-Towne Suites and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

I stayed at this MainStay for the first time. The Pictures online looked great! checkin was easy. I thought ok! BUT... our room was NOT what we expected! first we asked for a quiet room. we were givin ground floor next to the interstate. also our room had an outside door with a sign outside stating the hotels not responsible for theft! we did not feel safe. the beds were hard. the bathroom sink dirty. (leftover toothpaste gel on sink handle a big bunch) 2 lights didnt work. the phone didnt work. the microwave light didnt work & the fridge kept making funny noises all night like it was dying! the ceiling looked like it was patched like the floor above had fallen through-we felt very unsafe was really glad to get out of there. the rest of the hotel looked ok just the ground floor had you enter from the outside. the kitchen had lots of things broken. didnt try any breakfast/slept in/ ate out.
would not go back to this hotel very disapointed

• Liked — it was only 1 night
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Home-Towne Suites of Kannapolis? Share your experiences!