“Wish I had read the reviews- Bad Choice!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3113 Cloverleaf Parkway, Kannapolis, NC 28083   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
Savannah, Georgia
“Wish I had read the reviews- Bad Choice!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

After a few stays in very nice Microtels, we chose this one for a one night lay-over in Concord. The lobby is tiny and reeked of some over-sprayed room spray. Our reservation (made on-line) was screwed up - they had us staying two nights starting two days before we actually arrived. Luckily, I had everything printed out. Our room was outdated, but that was the least of the problems. The bathroom had not been cleaned (dried on urine and hair on the toilet!!) and the remote didn't work. There was a note on our dresser that said (exactly as typed) "11clock is check out not 1130 nor12clock check out also if you a stay over house keeping starts at 930 they will not come back after 11clock also must leave room when they clean!" .....nice. Also a big typed sign on the front desk that said "We are NOT pet friendly". really? I'm not so sure you're "people friendly" either. The front desk clerk, while he apparently fixed our reservation (still waiting to see if those two other nights show up on my credit card), spoke in mumbles, never offered an apology and even said " I just work here" when i pointed out the mistake (nicely, mind you). On the plus side, the beds and pillows were comfortable (didn't check them too closely....I just didn't want to know at that point). It is now morning, and we will be leaving as soon as possible. I can't even bring myself to get in their shower. I certainly won't touch any food offered in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Hotel needs updating. Rooms are supposed to be non smoking but smell like a bar on a Friday night. Room was dirty. Carpet was sticky. Cigarette burns on the tub. Blankets had cigarette burns and holes. Found a second TV remote made up in the bed. Elevator dirty and hallway carpet threadbare. Cheap but not worth it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I got biten by bedbugs and the aircondition leaked all over the floor. When I went to the desk and showed the person at the counter my arm, her jaw dropped but I couldn't believe she didn't apoligize or even offer us the night for free. I attached a picture of my arm with the bites. I alos had bites all over my body. They are very painful. I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER STAY AT A MICROTEL HOTEL EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Suches Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

Based on a very favorable experience at a Microtel several years ago I decided to give this motel a try. It was a mistake.

To say the carpet and bedspread were worn would be an understatement. The carpet was thin did not apear to have a pad and had wrinkles in it. Both the bedspread and the carpet had cigarette burns. Although it was a nonsmoking room the room had the musty smoky smell.

The bed saw comfortable but that was the only positive I experienced. This is not a 2-star motel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Leesburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

We decided to stay at this hotel because the hotel that we had reservations turned us away when we showed up later than our anticipated check-in. We searched for hotels that accepted pets and this one came up, so the decision was made.

We dealt with two front desk employees & they were like night & day in personality. The woman that checked us in was a doll. Like I said, it was 3 a.m. she quickly got us checked in and assured us that our two puppies were not going to be ANY problem.

The next night, we found out that the only problem with our dogs would be with a man working at the front desk. He was verbally abusive to my husband and even attempted to kick us out of the hotel. Even with my husband explaining that we had searched for hotels that accepted pets & this one came up! My puppies ended up spending the two nights in our truck in 30 degree weather because we had pre-paid for our room. They ended up getting very sick and had to go to the vet.

We did end up speaking with our original desk clerk later in our stay. She explained that it was fine, that we were correct that the web sites stated that pets were allowed. We ended up bringing the puppies in for our last night after talking with her.

As far as the continental breakfast, we have had better. It only had cereals, toast and bagels one day. It would have been nice to have some fruit or something.

We were put in a non-smoking room, yet it was interesting because we found cigarette burn holes in the curtains and a burn on the tub.

• Liked — The reasonable price
  • Disliked — Front desk staff that is ignorant to their own advertising
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

We loved our stay at this Microtel Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room may need some cosmetic work, but other than that everthing was great.
They have a small juice and coffee bar in the morning.

The price was very reasonable and this hotel is close to everything!

When I go back I will stay here again!!!!

• Liked — Room was very comfortable
  • Disliked — The washing machine in housekeeping vibrated the room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
eastern US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I would agree with the other reviewers here that this place is filthy nasty! The bed linens all had cigarette burns in them, the window seat had what appeared to be toenail clippings on it, the hook on the back of the bathroom door was no longer there, the door to the room barely closed, the carpet was filthy and "wrinkled" and there was 1/4 inch of dust/dirt all around the baseboards (I wouldn't dare be barefoot..wore shoes the entire time). The room smelled terrible and we also left the window open. We were there for a wedding and were supposed to stay 2 nites but ended up leaving mid-afternoon on the day of the second nite and headed home because we didn't want to stay another nite. We missed one of the wedding functions due to this, but were very happy to get home! We'll never stay there again and recommend that others don't stay there either. Someone needs to report them! I'm gonna do what I can to let someone know the condition of the place!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord? Share your experiences!