“What a great surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
NC
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had to travel to Booneville and this was on the list. Looked up reviews and decided to give it a try. It was great!!! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved the decorations, it let you know that they really cared about the hotel and wanted folks to feel at home. My room was very clean. They have an indoor pool and hot tub area, both were sparkling! We are going to try to come back to this area just so we can stay here. Breakfast was good and staff were very attentive to make sure you had what you needed. I would highly recommend this hotel. Be prepared, it is older and all rooms are on outside corridors. Ask if they can upgrade you to a room away from the highway if any are available (they cost more) since I'm told that side is noisier.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM126, Manager at Comfort Inn Jonesville, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding our property. We work very hard to ensure that our guests feel at home when visiting our area whether they are here for business or pleasure. It is always our hope that our guests last stay is even better than the one before as we are constantly striving to improve. With that said we look forward to seeing you again in the future and can't wait to hear about your next experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bertram
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here on Halloween night. The decorations were great. When we checked in, there was popcorn and fruit available. The room was very clean and the breakfast was very good. Also, everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM126, Manager at Comfort Inn Jonesville, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our decorations change with the seasons as we strive to provide a warm, welcoming stay for travelers. If you enjoyed our fall decor we would love for you to see our Christmas decorations(they are on display through the new year). Guest feedback is always appreciated and we look forward to serving you and your family again in the future!
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We travel each year from Florida to NY and back with our dogs. Normally, we drive until we get a few hundred miles in and are tired. I spend time, as the passenger, looking up motels that will take dogs and are reasonably priced. We've never chosen this location before on our way, but we are positive that the Comfort Inn in Jonesville NC will be our place to stay from now on. The customer service gal was outstanding, kind, and so helpful from the time we called her throughout our interaction with her that night. The location of the motel (near late night food!), the room, its comfort, and a fine, hot breakfast, added to great staff, made this stay a gem for us. We have been all over the country and stayed at various motels for our overnights but none can compare to this. We'll be back next summer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM126, Manager at Comfort Inn Jonesville, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us! It is always good to hear that our guests were able to enjoy the amenities we provide such as the hot breakfast (always a guest favorite), as well as finding the room comfortable and relaxing. We are glad to hear that we have gained another loyal guest at our property and look forward to seeing you next time when you are in the area.
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn hotel about a month ago when I was happy with the stay. It was clean, close to the exit on the highway. I travel between FL and NJ and this hotel is in the middle for me. When I checked out they offered me to sign up for their stay 2 nights and receive the 3rd one free program. I thought it would be great. So I had my 2 nights stay and called up Choice Hotels to make my reservation for my free night at this same hotel. I was told I earned 8000 points with my stays and the hotel needs 10,000 pts for a free night. They never told me at sign up there is a different point system for different hotels. (As I mentioned before I wanted to go back to the same hotel) The main customer service line didn’t want to take any responsibility and told me they couldn’t add any point to my account and the only resolution is to pick a hotel which requires 8000 point or less for a free night.
I contacted the hotel directly to get this issue resolve. I talked the manager Vanessa, who didn’t help at all. She was saying it’s all by the corporation, so she is unable to do anything.
I called back customer service where the next representative was more knowledgeable and informed me, if a create an online account I will be able to purchase the extra points, so he could make my reservation for the free stay. So I signed up and bought 2000 pts for $22. He didn’t offer anything else to make a customer happy, but at least helped solve the issue at the moment, and made my reservation for 1 night on 11/02/2013 for a ground level, non-smoking, king size room.
We checked into the hotel. This time the stay wasn’t as pleasant as the first time. I have a feeling they did this on purpose, because our complaint about their ponzi program. To my surprise we received a room with 2 queen size beds. We asked for a wake-up call for the next morning at 7:30. We drove all away from West Palm Beach, Fl so we were tired and didn’t switch room. There were burned out light bulbs. The room wasn’t clean. The bed was okay.
Next morning received a wake up call at 6:30 in the morning!! At the checkout I complained about all the problems and the only thing I received I’m sorry. The clerk told me she doesn’t know how to operate the machine for the wake up calls, which was the reason for an hour earlier call. I asked for the manager. I was told she is not available. I asked for the corporate phone number, I was told she doesn’t know. I wanted to find out what she would do for all the inconvenience, she said nothing, but she is sorry.
It seems like Choice Hotel as the corporation as crooked as their individual hotels.
I’m a Hilton Honor member and I won’t try any other hotel chains memberships, because they don’t take care of their customers. Any time I go to Hampton Inn there is a sign if you are not happy your stay is free. I don’t want any free stays, but I want service when I pay for it. In NJ I’m going back to the same Hampton Inn and Suites in Fairfield, because they care about their guests.
I wouldn’t recommend this Comfort Inn or any Choice Hotels to anyone who wants to have customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM126, Manager at Comfort Inn Jonesville, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and also apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. Unfortunately, as you were told Choice corporate does control and maintain the rewards program and promotional that they offer quarterly. All printed literature that Choice provide for guests concerning the rewards program and promotional are available at any property as well as online for guests to review. In regards to your recent stay over the weekend I would like to assure you that nothing less than superior service is offered and intended for all guests-no exceptions. We were unaware that you have stayed with us again until receiving you response via TripAdvisor. Please know that a staff member is always available regardless of the time to resolve any issue you may encounter during a stay. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the wake-up call system. The desk agent you spoke with was unaware that the system had failed and had not auto-updated itself as it is programmed to do, once the time had changed through the night. It wasn’t until further investigation that this was discovered and required a manual system reset. Again, I would like to thank you for your time and apologize for the any confusion and inconvenience. We sincerely hope you will give our property another chance to provide you with an excellent stay while traveling.
Gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is a gem! Very clean and well kept. We stayed for 3 days while touring the area wineries, and it was such an awesome home base. Homey, friendly, just perfect. And what a value! Hot breakfast in the morning, snacks in the evening. The hot tub and pool were delightful. Couldn't have asked for more. We had a problem with our door lock midway through our stay, and they moved us within 15 minutes. Every staff member, from front desk to maintenance to housekeeping, met us with a smile on their face. And the grounds are so cute and well tended. Truly an oasis!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. We are glad you chose to stay with us while exploring our local area and all that it has to offer to our travelers. Our property was designed with the intent to be warm and inviting but that means nothing without our wonderful staff to provide the service that truly makes guests feel welcomed. It pleases us to hear that we are meeting and hopefully exceeding the expectations of our visitors. We hope you will remember the Comfort Inn of Jonesville on your next get-away!
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had the wonderful pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn Jonesville on October 5, 2013. I was traveling with my little dog from my home in Northern NY State to my daughter and son-in-law's in Dothan, Alabama. I drove 725 miles and pulled into the Comfort Inn. The lady behind the counter was so very pleasant. She told me of the pet fee right up front. It was only $15 and I thought that was great. Some places charge up to $50. She said she could give me a room on the 2nd floor. I explained to her that I had tendonitis in my shoulder and to carry my suitcase up a flight of stairs would be painful for me she immediately assigned me a room on the first floor. I really appreciate her kindness and understanding. My room was immaculately clean and smelled wonderful. I decided to use the hot tub at the indoor pool. The pool and hot tub were very clean and just the right temperature. I was nice and relaxed and went back to my room. The bed was so very comfortable. I don't usually sleep very well when I travel but I slept like a baby and felt very rested in the morning. In the morning when I went to check out the lady behind the counter was also very pleasant. She was helping a couple that was having a hard time with their credit card going through. She acknowledged my presence and explained that she would be with me as soon as she was done with them and that she apologized for the bit of a wait. It means so much to me that she spoke to me. I really don't like when people pretend that they are so busy that they can't acknowledged people standing in line. She was so courteous. It started my day off on a pleasant note. Thank you so much Comfort Inn of Jonesville for having such great employees!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and especially such wonderful feedback at that! The desk staff will be thrilled to know that you had such nice things to say about the service you received at our property. It is good to hear that you were able to get a much needed refreshing sleep after your long day of traveling. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I wanted to stay near Stone Mountain and there were a few options in this area. Boy, did I make the great choice... The lobby ranks as one of the nicest I've ever been in. Beautiful and well layed out. Easy access to computers. Great breakfast and breakfast area.
The room was updated very well. You can see that they went to a lot of effort, and I felt it was well done. It was the perfect room for me travelling by myself on my motorcycle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GM126, General Manager at Comfort Inn Jonesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our property. We are certainly glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Stone Mountain. We have put forth a great effort with renovations. It's great to hear that our updates meet with your approval! We are always striving to improve upon the satisfaction of our guest's experience.
We hope that you will make us a regular stop from now on when traveling through our area!

Been to Comfort Inn Jonesville? Share your experiences!