“Desk Clerk Made the Difference!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1713 NC Highway 67, Off I-77, Jonesville, NC 28642-9247   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Concord, North Carolina
“Desk Clerk Made the Difference!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We ended up in Jonesville, NC, over Thanksgiving primarily because the places we like to stay in Boone were full. There is very little to do in this small mountain town, but thanks to the desk clerk we had a most enjoyable stay. The hotel itself is clean and attractive although an abandoned building that I think once belong to a Holiday Inn detracts from the area. Breakfast is basic motel fare, and the outdoor only pool looks to be inviting for summer months. "Sam," a lady who was desk clerk during our stay made all the difference. She went out of her way to find attractions to make our stay memorable. If I do return to this area, I will certainly stay here if for no other reason to enjoy this marvelous woman who made an average stay exceptional!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed on our way south. Very easy on/off the highway. Front desk staff pleasant, knowledgable, and check-in/check-out was quick. Lemonade and goody bag on arrival made for a very pleasant start. The whole place was very clean - including a large pool with plenty of room for multiple groups to enjoy at once. Plenty of towels and pool deck seating - great area to relax. Room was a nice size and beds were very comfortable. Nice free breakfast buffet with a good variety of hot and cold items. Do a great job of taking care of all of the essentials with a nice dose of extras mixed in. Stayed at a different venue on the way back just because we had made the reservation in advance of the trip. Really wish we'd cancelled that one and stayed here again. Bonus is that it is pet friendly for those who travel with pets. Will recommend to friends and family - this was a really great value for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

As stated the hotel is older, but it was clean and had everything we needed. Staff was very helpful and friendly, both on the phone before we arrived and every day we stayed there. Everything worked well, and breakfast offered the usual variety. It was quiet even though it was close to the interstate. Location perfect for our needs this weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ithaca, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The place is a little older than many comparable properties these days such as the Sleep Inns and Hampton Inns, but it's been remodeled and doesn't show much show wear; the general architecture is clearly from I'd guess going on 40 years ago, which is actually charming, as it reminds me of traveling with my parents when I was a kid. The check-in and check-out were efficient and easy. The room was impeccably clean, the beds in good condition and everything worked. My dog was accommodated -- they put us on the ground floor, on a corridor end; they can't know he doesn't bark. There's a little grassy area and woods edge for dog walking. The pet fee is a drag but it's standard industry practice, I suppose. The breakfast is the standard self-serve continental plus, though the scrambled eggs, sausage and self-serve waffles were a nice addition. The location off I-81 couldn't be better -- literally straight off the northbound exit ramp and right out the parking lot and back on northbound; obviously you have to make a couple turns if you're southbound. The only real drawbacks were a loose tile in the shower -- but it was cleaner than my shower at home, though that's not saying much! -- and the shower drain was slow and backed up. I told the desk clerk, and she made a note, so my guess it'll get straightened out. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I was so glad that they honored the coupon from the booklet at the rest stop. Some of the other hotels wouldn't. The hotel is clean, comfortable beds, good breakfast, and very friendly staff. The outside pool looked clean and big enough. We just were staying for the night though so we didn't use it.

• Stayed August 2012
South Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here one night while taking my daughter back to college. Upon arrival, the room was extremely hot and the air conditioner did not cool well. Upon getting little cooling relief from the deficient a/c unit, I contacted the front desk, I got a quick response when a nice man brought a portable fan into the room which made the night bearable. I was told the other available room had a similar a/c unit and that room was hot too, so it seemed that changing rooms wasn't a viable option. I was very disappointed in the quality of the room and the lack of comfort in the room.

Also, TV remote didn't work well and there were ants on the dresser in the morning.

I've stayed at Best Westerns before as I travel quite a bit, but this was one that I wished I had never booked.

It does have a nice pool and the breakfast is good. But they need to update the a/c's and fix up this hotel. I would not recommend the room I had to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have not stayed at a BW for a long time, but travel a lot for work and pleasure, probably 30-40 nights a year. We picked this hotel as a halfway point on a recent vacation because it was pet-friendly. In actuality only some employees feel that way. Our dog is 7 pounds and we keep him in a vari-kennel when we are not with him.

Our room was in a separate wing of the hotel that was not very occupied - since as we walked down the hall most of the doors were wide open. The room seemed damp and the A/C was not on in advance of our arrival at 4:00 pm- it was very warm out. We ran the A/C all night and it never really cooled the room down.

We were told if we walked next door to the Cracker Barrel to eat and the dog barked -they would call us to come back so we chose not go as a family to eat.

The outside grass around the pool was very high and needed to be mowed. While walking to the pool, it was gross walking through very high wet grass.

We had a reservation for 4, but only had 3 bath towels in the bathroom so we had to go to the front desk to pick more up. This seems basic.

The last straw was when I had came back in from walking the 7 pound dog very early and the breakfast was already set up and I just needed a coffee - dogs are not allowed in the breakfast area and that is completely understandable, I was asking my dog to sit out front so I could grab a cup of coffee. Both Samantha and Steve were in the breakfast room watching me. Samantha quickly snapped at me and said no dogs allowed, even though I was clearly about 8 feet from the entrance. I explained, I only was going to tell him to sit in the lobby and grab a cup. She was rude and short with me. Steve on the other hand looked appalled at her actions. He later found me at breakfast and apologized for Samantha. I think she heard me talking with Steve and later came and tried to apologize after she heard me talking about my postings on TripAdvisor.com

Small ants appeared out of now where in our dog's bowl after he ate his dry food.

Bottom line is there are too many hotels/motels around that want the consumer's money. Bad service by Samantha has turned me off to Best Western. We cancelled our room for the return trip and drove straight home 12 hours.

Steve on the other hand was a great employee and very Customer Service orientated - he should be cloned.

Bottom line - okay place and a decent rate if you need pet-friendly since there are not that many options, but be aware of the above. Next time we need to travel with the dog we will try LaQuinta.

Room Tip: One with A/C that works in the summer.