“Dirty Rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Staley, United States
“Dirty Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I found it unbelievable that I had to change rooms 3 times to fine a clean 1. The 1st room the beds were unmade and the room had a very heavy clorox ordor as if to cover up something, the 2nd room had the same order, but the beds were made. But once I started to unpack and get into the bed I found the sheets had all kinds of stains on them, so once again I had to contact the front desk and manager to move; I asked if there were anymore hotels in the area and was told "they were the only hotel in the area" so I had in choice but to stay and finally I got a clean room with no dirty sheets and no heavy clorox order. Oh and I forgot my door lock didn't work corrctly and anyone could just walk in off the street until the manager showed me his trick to secure my room door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
wakefield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Effectively this is a motel in all but name.
Unfortunately our room smelled of stale tobacco. The room was fairly small by U.S. standards and the décor was faded and dated.
Facilities were limited, as were eating places in the immediate vicinity.
Breakfast was complimentary, but available at a diner on the adjoining site. However there were only 3 options, none of which were particularly great.
At £63, this was the lowest price we paid of the 7 places we stayed on our 2 week trip so I suppose some of the above could be expected, however I'm glad it was one night only!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a king room, clean, comfortable and quiet. Had just been painted, but still missing lamps, clock, refrigerator and door needed weather stripping. The restaurant is no longer in the hotel, but within easy walking distance - you get a breakfast coupon to eat there. They did offer to change the room when I noticed the fridge missing (hadn't noticed the other things) and they did offer to change our room to a double - we declined, so that was our fault. There is also a mall with grocery store within walking distance. I think this was just a one off experience and we will try them again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Enjoyed my stay! The employees in the office were really nice and very helpful. The location of the motel is nice, and it has a really relaxed atmosphere. The room was clean and well kept. I'll come back the next time I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Jefferson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stay at this hotel 3-4 times a year and have never been disappointed. The rooms are comfortable and affordable. The restaurant is outstanding. We eat breakfast at the restaurant each day and had dinner there on Saturday night on our last visit. My husband ordered the 8 oz. NY Strip expecting a small steak, but it was surprisingly large and cooked to order. I had the salad bar and we were both very satisfied with the quality of the food and service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Stone Mountain, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The advertising online for this particular location was very misleading. Free breakfast was not onsite and was only free if I ordered from 3 breakfast choices on the coupon I was given. The wifi worked about 50% of the time. I had no cell phone service at all, inside or outside of my room, on either of my 2 cell phones which each have different service providers. The hair dryer that was attached to the wall and looked like a small vacuum cleaner you would see at a gas station would not dry a hamster.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I needed a room for one night in this area. The hotel is a little dated but the help provided excellent customer service and the room was clean and comfortable and everything was in working order. The breakfast was fine, so it was a good experience overall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Eldreth Inn at Mt. Jefferson? Share your experiences!