“Awesome food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ate at the Weeping Radish while vacationing in the Outer Banks. The restaurant/brewery does not open until 11 a.m. Tuesday thru Saturday and 12 p.m. on Sundays and is not open at all on Mondays. We arrived shortly after 11 a.m. on a Wednesday in early June and were the only customers present. The atmosphere is very unique and the place was spotless. The wait staff/cooks were very friendly and good at their jobs. Now, on to the food. For an appetizer we had the baked potato soup which was VERY good. For the main dishes we had the sausage sampler and the reuben. The sausage sampler is exactly what it sounds like with four different kinds of sausages served on a bed of sauerkraut with a pretzel. ALL of it is tremendous. The best of which was the kraut. Very very bitey but so good you can not quit eating it. As a matter of fact, the kraut was so good that we decided to delay leaving on our last day of vacation so that we could be at the Weeping Radish at exactly 11a.m. when the restaurant opened. The reuben was the best I have ever had. The reuben comes with a salad and fries both of which were very tasty. There is a very large parking area and the restaurant is EXTREMELY easy to find as it is right beside(west side) Caratoke highway which is state route 158. If you are headed to Nags head or points south on the outer banks I would very much suggest that you stop here for a late lunch/dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I really wanted to like this place more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was pretty excited to check this place out and it was good. Some facets were even really good. But overall it was worth going to, but not worth going out of your way for.

The beer brat was fantastic as was the Fest beer. They had just taken the true IPA off and the version my wife had was not her favorite. The potato soup was really good. My daughter's hot dog was really good too.

We were greeting pretty slowly. They were out of Peanut Butter Pie. The pretzel that came with my meal was shriveled as if coming from a microwave. When I looked at other people's plates, their pretzels looked good and like I would expect. They wouldn't let our friends get a table for all of us because we weren't there yet, but saw another group that wasn't filled that was holding a table. I thought my other sausages might have been over cooked a bit.

So, some highs and some lows...evening out at a 3 rating for me.

Richmond, Virginia
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ate at the Weeping Radish for Lunch on Father’s day. The restaurant doesn’t open till noon and we arrived at 12:10pm – we waited nearly an hour to be seated – the place was packed from when they opened the door. For appetizers, all three of us got the soft pretzels which were very, very good. I had the Father’s Day special – prime rib with mash potatoes and veggies. The prime rib was excellent as it was very tender and flavorful. The portion was huge so I had to take it home. I ate my leftovers for lunch two days later and it was even better!! My wife had their Classic Rueben – which she really enjoyed. My daughter also enjoyed her cheeseburger.

Before we left we bought some bratwurst (Apple and regular). We cooked them for dinner one night and they were excellent. Plan to buy more on-line.

Visited June 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Lunch on the way to OBX”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband, two kids and I stopped at the Weeping Radish on the way to OBX. My husband likes to stop at Breweries when we can. We were not overly impressed. Our food (sausages) we great and the beer was average. Our waitress was accommodating as she could be. I wanted the Reuben, but with out sauerkraut. She said that they could not customize any orders. The pretzels also weren't that great. Reminded me of the frozen ones that you can make at home. Not a bad lunch, but I don't think that we will stop there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Brats great... But why the frozen fries???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a party of nine and they tried hard to accommodate us but we had to be split. Our food came out fast our, other half's did not. The service was not so great, the brats that were home made were excellent with their saurkraut. They were served with frozen processed fries. We were very disappointed with the fries. We also had the fried pickles that were good. We would go back but opt out of the fries.