“Godd hotel if you're visiting Camp Lejeune” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Jacksonville
New Jersey
“Godd hotel if you're visiting Camp Lejeune”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we were traveling to Jacksonvile for our son's Infantry school graduation at Camp Lejeune. The hotel was about six miles from the base, making it a great location for us. The lobby was inviting and front desk staff was lovely. The room had two double beds, a flat screen tv and a fridge.We are Holiday Inn Honors members so we had in-room WIFI free of charge. On the downside, the bathroom was very small, In addition, the bathroom sink had no soap dish, either on the sink or in the shower.
The breakfast was included in our room rate. it was a lovely, extended continental breakfast.
all in all, this was a good hotel for a short stay in Jacksonville, NC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on October 26, 2012. The staff at the front desk were outstanding. From our check-in to our check-out.

Breakfast was probably the best we have had in our travels. There was an attendent on duty and she was more than helpful.

Our concern was the room was tired. Not up to the standard of a Holiday Inn. We were only there for the night, so it was okay. If we had to spend any time in the room, we would have either complained or checked out, but we were there to visit friends and only slept in the room. The drapes looked like they had been through a tornado (unbelievable). Our view from our window was a garbage can at the back door (first floor). I have certainly seen cleaner, brighter sheets and towels at a least expensive hotel. There are many hotels, motels available on Marine Drive at a better rate. So I suggest you check them out before considering the HIE.

One nice touch was they gave us a loot bag, because we are Priority Club Members which consisted of bottled water and trail mix. We have stayed in some beautiful Priority Club Hotels/Motels and Jacksonville is not one of them.

Would we book the Holiday Inn Express again in Jacksonville. No!!!

Room Tip: Check other Hotels/Motels, before committing to the Holiday Inn Express.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We just stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville NC, Oct 25th and 26th while visiting our Marine Son, I was extremely satisfied with this hotel, I'm VERY pickey with hotels! The room was very large and very clean, the beds were nice. The bathroom was nice however, small. They make up for that due to the size of the room! The breakfast was good, they had out eggs, biskets, bacon, danishes, cereal, fruit, oatmeal or you could make your own waffle. Coffee was good! The hotel always had free bottled water on the front desk for yours to take, they also had FREE bottled water in the small frig in the room. They put cookies out and had a basket of fruit to take at anytime. Very nice. You can walk to the Walmart and many other stores, "right next door". We enjoyed our stay, the girls at the front desk were very sweet.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, so they put us on the third floor at the end, away from the elevators....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orange, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at the Jacksonville Holiday Inn Express last weekend while visiting my middle son who is a Marine at Camp LeJeune. I booked three rooms, two kings, one doubles for our group.
The entire stay was wonderful. The rooms were completely clean and the staff really nice and helpful the entire weekend.
While there were a couple of very small things that showed that the hotel wasn't brandnew(a patched handrail in the shower and a tiny bit of paint the ceiling of the bathroom that was bubbled from steam), I really found nothing contrary at all. This isn't the RITZ and we aren't paying Ritz prices.....
My husband is staying there this weekend, so I'll post with his experience...
Honestly, it was really clean, not rundown at all and very nice.
Breakfast was ok also!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dark, Dank, Drab, Worn, and Musty. One Star hotel disguised as a Holiday Inn Express which apparently was recently "patched". Lipstick on a pig if you ask me. My wife agreed that the hotel was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose a Different Hotel.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sunbury, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hotel was very clean and personnel extremely helpful. Price was a bit more than some other "motels" in the area but the rooms were comfy and clean. I had a reservation at another hotel "Baymont Inn" around the corner. Long story short, they lost my reservation and couldn't accommodate me. I got on the phone and within 5 minutes had a room at HIE for two nights. Further, when I explained what had happened at the Baymont, they asked what rate I was paying so they could help me out on price PLUS they applied my AAA discount to boot. Absolutely stellar customer service! While we were there, they even called the room on the second day to make sure we were happy with our stay.

The only thing that would have made this stay 5 stars? The really super-cool pancake machine was out of order :-( The service really was 5 stars but my disappointment with wanting to use the machine made me have to go to iHop to get my hotcake fix.

All in all, if you need a place to stay, don't want a "motel" experience with wet floors or weird odor or lost reservations.... I HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Inn Express...

Room Tip: Higher floors (like the 4th floor) have less water pressure for the showers so...if you like that hi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night and were disappointed that this location wasn't up to HIX standards. Very run-down and "felt" dirty, even if it was clean. A little overpriced as well. Bizarrely, there is a prime parking spot for Employee of the Month– I know they want to encourage their employees, but when you run a business where your customers carry luggage, every spot is valuable.

If you can afford it, the Home2 Suites nearby is a much better choice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville? Share your experiences!