We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on October 26, 2012. The staff at the front desk were outstanding. From our check-in to our check-out.
Breakfast was probably the best we have had in our travels. There was an attendent on duty and she was more than helpful.
Our concern was the room was tired. Not up to the standard of a Holiday Inn. We were only there for the night, so it was okay. If we had to spend any time in the room, we would have either complained or checked out, but we were there to visit friends and only slept in the room. The drapes looked like they had been through a tornado (unbelievable). Our view from our window was a garbage can at the back door (first floor). I have certainly seen cleaner, brighter sheets and towels at a least expensive hotel. There are many hotels, motels available on Marine Drive at a better rate. So I suggest you check them out before considering the HIE.
One nice touch was they gave us a loot bag, because we are Priority Club Members which consisted of bottled water and trail mix. We have stayed in some beautiful Priority Club Hotels/Motels and Jacksonville is not one of them.
Would we book the Holiday Inn Express again in Jacksonville. No!!!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Hotel Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and smoke-free! Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville, N.C., the area's friendliest hotel. Whether you are coming to visit one of our many military bases, traveling for business or just on your way through, we are the right hotel for you. Our location is in the heart of Jacksonville. Camp Lejeune, Camp Geiger, Camp Johnson and the New River Air Station are all just minutes from our front door. At Camp Johnson you can visit the Beirut Memorial. The Jacksonville Mall is only five minutes away, and plenty of other shopping areas as well. Other available activities in the area include golf, saltwater fishing, scuba diving, kayaking, camping all within twenty minutes of the hotel. After a busy day, you want a comfortable, friendly place to stay. All of our rooms feature wireless Internet, voice mail, coffeemaker with coffee, microwave and refrigerator. Several restaurants are walking distance. You can stay in shape while you're on the road in our refreshing outdoor pool (closed summer 2009 for remodeling) or if a more vigorous workout is what you had in mind, stop by our desk for a complimentary pass to Court's Plus Fitness Center or Golds Gym. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area. If you have any special requests feel free to contact our hotel directly and we will do our best to accommodate you. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.