Hotel was very clean and personnel extremely helpful. Price was a bit more than some other "motels" in the area but the rooms were comfy and clean. I had a reservation at another hotel "Baymont Inn" around the corner. Long story short, they lost my reservation and couldn't accommodate me. I got on the phone and within 5 minutes had a room at HIE for two nights. Further, when I explained what had happened at the Baymont, they asked what rate I was paying so they could help me out on price PLUS they applied my AAA discount to boot. Absolutely stellar customer service! While we were there, they even called the room on the second day to make sure we were happy with our stay.
The only thing that would have made this stay 5 stars? The really super-cool pancake machine was out of order :-( The service really was 5 stars but my disappointment with wanting to use the machine made me have to go to iHop to get my hotcake fix.
All in all, if you need a place to stay, don't want a "motel" experience with wet floors or weird odor or lost reservations.... I HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Inn Express...
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Hotel Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and smoke-free! Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville, N.C., the area's friendliest hotel. Whether you are coming to visit one of our many military bases, traveling for business or just on your way through, we are the right hotel for you. Our location is in the heart of Jacksonville. Camp Lejeune, Camp Geiger, Camp Johnson and the New River Air Station are all just minutes from our front door. At Camp Johnson you can visit the Beirut Memorial. The Jacksonville Mall is only five minutes away, and plenty of other shopping areas as well. Other available activities in the area include golf, saltwater fishing, scuba diving, kayaking, camping all within twenty minutes of the hotel. After a busy day, you want a comfortable, friendly place to stay. All of our rooms feature wireless Internet, voice mail, coffeemaker with coffee, microwave and refrigerator. Several restaurants are walking distance. You can stay in shape while you're on the road in our refreshing outdoor pool (closed summer 2009 for remodeling) or if a more vigorous workout is what you had in mind, stop by our desk for a complimentary pass to Court's Plus Fitness Center or Golds Gym. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area. If you have any special requests feel free to contact our hotel directly and we will do our best to accommodate you. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.