“Dump!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Triangle Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacksonville
Triangle Motor Inn
You added Triangle Motor Inn to your Saves list
246 South Wilmington Highway, Jacksonville, NC 28540   |
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Jacksonville
Denver, Colorado
“Dump!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

This dump of a hotel wouldn't give my wife her money back after she walked into the room and walked out within the 15 minutes it says that your money would be returned. Unsafe. POS @ the service desk. Among a long list of things that suck about this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
cape cod, mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Our son is a US Marine who was DUMPED at the Triangle by a sleazy cab-driver who not only charged $90 (on a $ 35 trip) but MADE $10 on the deal...SLEAZY, GRIMEY PIT !!! Our son was there for 35 minutes before we arranged for him to be driven (by a GREAT cab service) to the TownePlace Suites (Marriott)...These folks took great care of our son and we stayed at Townehouse Suites ourselves a few weeks later...When we called the TRIANGLE DUMP for a refund of the $75 they took, Mackenzie said that anyone who stays over 30 minutes will never be refunded...that the TRIANGLE is a stop-and-romp place and lots of guys stay only an hour or so...NICE !?!?! STAY AWAY FROM THE TRIANGLE...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Johnson City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed at the Triangle Motor Inn while visiting my son who is stationed at Camp Geiger. It was the most horrible, frightening experience I'd ever had. It is not a safe place to stay, at one point I almost loaded my children into my van to go to the local Police Department to sleep in their parking lot! The bathtub had a major soft spot in the middle of it, felt like it was going to fall through, the ceiling looked as if it was going to cave in, and there were flies all over the place. I would not reccommend this place to my worst enemy.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Ive stayed here twice, the rooms are what you would expect, small rooms, old furniture, old smells, but clean... The first time I stayed, it was just a lil noisy with some Marines partying, but then they went out around 11pm, and things quieted down. The second time, a bunch of gangbangers had the room next to mine, and were screaming and making a huge ruckus. Some of them were outside sitting on the the hood of the car drinking and had the car stereo turned up. The cops came twice. On the other hand, if you can tough it out, you can save a ton of cash vs. the other area hotels.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Columbus, Oho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I haven't actually stayed at the Triangle Inn, but had a reservation. At the time I made my reservation the clerk asked when I'd be arriving. I said it would probably be around 10 or 11 PM, and I was told I would have to sign an authorization for them to charge my card in order to hold the room past 9 PM. When the e-mail arrived from the manager, I found that not only would I be authorizing the charge of my card, I was required to send a copy, front and back, of my credit card and also of my photo ID! To require this in these times just to hold a room is ridiculous. I immediately made reservations elsewhere.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was invited to go to the Marine Birthday Ball with my brother, I was on quite a reserved budget on the whole. I reserved my room about two weeks ahead of my visit , I was not required to pay for my room in advance. My room was clean and ready, the girls at the front desk were very helpful and pleasant. The only thing I had a problem with was there were no electrical outlets by the mirror, which made it difficult to get ready for the Ball, but I managed. All in all I had a pleasant stay and will be staying there again when I visit my brother.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Wantagh, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

we needed to find a place very quickly, and we were pleased when the Triangle had rooms available. Apparently the whole town was booked because of the Marine base, a lot of marines were due to come home the same days we would be in Jacksonville . The Triangle has no website, and no pictures to view, but we were desperate. I read the favorable reviews and went by that. What a mistake. We got to the motel at 9am after driving all night straight through from NY ,to be in town for a memorial service that afternoon. The lobby at check in smelled like cigarettes. I was informed they have no designated smoking or non smoking rooms- they just "air them out" after the guests leave by opening the windows and doors during maid service. Any non smoker can tell you, that wont get the smell out of the walls, ceiling tiles, carpet, bedding, chairs etc. Our room looked as though it hadnt been redone since the 70's. And on top of the smoke smell, was some cleanser, or air freshener perhaps? that made it down right nauseating. We stayed against our better judgment, and for fear of not finding anything else and to catch up on our sleep. ( sleep deprivation is powerful!). Before returning to the Triangle from the funeral home, we checked another location in town and found one room for one night and took it. We went back to the motel, gathered our things and checked out- we couldnt possibly stay another night. And now our things all had that smell - cigarettes, air freshener combined? some chemical mixture-whatever the hell it was, everything needed to be "frebrezed" before it was even put back in the car.... The one postitive I will say is, the girls who worked the desk were all very sweet and pleasant. I am bewildered by the positive reviews this hotel has received. And my husband and I aren't very picky - We've stayed in them all! nice resorts to dinky little places. I suppose to each is own.

• Liked — the girls at the counter
  • Disliked — the funky stanky stench in our room! a room that looked like circa 1972
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Triangle Motor Inn? Share your experiences!