“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bowie, Maryland
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

In the last several months I have driven from San Diego to Maryland, Maryland to the Florida Keys, up the Gulf Coast, back to Maryland, only to return to Florida again. I have lost count of how many hotels I have experienced. This is the first time I can honestly say, it was like Home away from Home! We were completely delighted with the cleanliness and comfort of this room. The mattress and pillows were fantastic! The carpet was new and plush. The furniture was in excellent condition and the extra large clean bathroom was wonderful! We enjoyed the large flatscreen T.V. and the stocked kitchen was an added surprise. The hotel staff really cared about our comfort. The friendliness and customer service is unmatched by any I have experienced. The breakfast offerings were also very generous! I will be more than happy to return to this great hotel and I highly recommend it to all my family and friends! If you are coming through this area, JUST GO THERE! You will definitely not be sorry. THE BEST!!

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor was perfect with a front view of our car below.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hi Linda,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so glad that our home felt like home for you. In the extended stay hotel we strive to make all of our guest feel at home. We look forward to the next time we can welcome you back "Home"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Elm Mott, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Only open since 31 December of 2012, the Mainstay Suites has become our new go-to hotel in Jacksonville. The staff is fantastic...friendly, helpful, accommodating, and willing to bend over backwards to ensure you have a terrific stay. The rooms are great...the kitchen is very usable, and all the amenities are included in the kitchen so you can save money on daily food costs. The breakfast bar is not the most appointed, but then again, this is not meant to be a breakfast stop. They are geared toward a longer stay, and cater to that market. We stayed for a week and were VERY happy we chose the Mainstay. They have a great outdoor firepit and picnic area, and their in-house mini-mart has frozen microwave meals, sodas, and sundries. They also have a full bar open nightly. A Denny's is immediately next door and offers a discount to room key holders. We still stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for only two days during our son's graduation from Camp Geiger but really loved our stay with them. Our room was very clean and had a well-equipped kitchen area that we would have used if our stay was longer. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We were even welcomed back to lounge in the lobby area while waiting several hours for our flight out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Spencer, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I went on vacation for a week in Jacksonville NC, to see my sister who is in the Navy at Camp Lejeune. We booked the hotel for about 8 days. When we first got there the staff were really great, and very welcoming. They told us everything about the hotel, from things to do, and if we needed anything to come down and they would help us. We got to the room and it was really nice. It was very clean, which was a good thing. The only bad thing that happend to us is they did not book us the right days, so we had to rebook again. Also I wish the cleaning staff would come every other day, had to go down and get stuff that we ran out of. But I would come back to this hotel, and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Hotel is pretty new, all rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

upon arriving I was greeted by a very nice and helpful staff. Check in was no problem and the room was great. I was not sure what to expect as I have never stayed at this chain of hotel before but i was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were extremely clean and the kitchen was awesome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

my husband and I stayed for 4 days in June, and thought it was one of the best places we have been. the staff was great (especially Joshua ) and all of the desk folks were so helpful and nice. They seemed to truly wnt our stay to be a good one. It was very clean and convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I cannot think of anything good to say about this property. Not a nice bed, nor bed coverings, a very bright security light that shone in the window all night no matter what I tried to do, air conditioning that cycled between too warm and too cool, breakfast, that for me , was a feature without any benefit ,as I am diabetic and it was all sugary or pure carbs, two skimpy towels for my wife and me ( want clean towels? Take the soiled ones down to the lobby for a strict one for one exchange.) Really, this was not a pleasant or even adequate stay. And there are plenty of other name properties in Jacksonville. Not good value for the money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune? Share your experiences!