“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 27 hotels in Jacksonville
Outer Banks, NC
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The place has been open for one month, all employees & staff were warm & friendly!
The place is very clean.
The kitchen has all the amenities for a longer stay.
I will stay again next time I am in Jacksonville.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Our team has worked hard to provide the best service possible. We look forward to serving you on your future travels to Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune!

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Doswell, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night as our Marine son was graduating from Infantry school. We got there earlier than we anticipated and he was not given liberty until later in the day. I phoned the hotel and they allowed us to check in at noon, which was great because we had no where else to go. I agree with the other Marine mom that the beds are hard. Other things we thought the room needed: 1) a mirror outside of the bathroom since there were three of us and needed at least two mirrors 2) sheers on the windows to allow light in without allowing the outside to see in 3) even with the blackout curtains there was a great deal of light in our room at night. Also agree that the breakfast was very disappointing. Bagels and muffins. Not even cereal. But the amenities in the room were great - fridge, microwave, stove, couch, desk. Very clean. We would stay here again but would bring our own breakfast. And, the Marines allowed us some time with our son the following day and the hotel generously gave us a late check out. Front desk staff was GREAT. I should also point out we got a great rate ($99) which was totally worth it. Wouldn't pay much more for this.

Room Tip: Given there are no sheers on windows, request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that our staff took great care of you and your family during your stay. I apologize that the beds felt a bit firm. Having all brand new beds they have a firmer feel. For your future stays we have purchased toppers for the beds that will provide some extra cushion. Please do not hesitate to request one on your next visit. As with all comments from our guests we will take your other suggestions into consideration. Our team looks forward to taking care of you and your family in the future.
Eden, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My Marine son is stationed at Lejeune and we have stayed at many of the hotels in Jacksonville. When I saw they had a new hotel, I was excited to try it. When we walked in the new smell was very inviting and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. When we got to our room I was very impressed with the furnishing and the compact kitchen. I thought, this is our hotel from now on, until we went to bed. The mattress was hard as a brick. After a long day of moving our daughter in law into her appt., it was very disappointing not to be able to sleep because of the discomfort in the mattress. I only sleep three hours. The next am, was very disappointed to only have bagels and muffins for breakfast. When we checked out, I told them how our stay was not satisfactory, they didn't do anything about it. My one and only stay :(

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hi Leanne H. thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We apologize your stay was not to your 100% satisfaction. We have changed some items on the Continental Breakfast Bar, to include Oatmeal and Fruit. While I understand you may not stay with us in the future, we hope you give us a second chance to show you we have taken your comments to heart. I look forward to meeting you on your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel was everything my husband and I were looking for when our home was finishing renovations. We loved how clean and new everything was. The fire pit is a great place to relax after dinner. The free breakfast was an additional bonus. I especially enjoyed the two TVs in our suite, that way my husband could watch the playoffs and I didn't have to. LOL.

• Stayed January 2013
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. WE are so happy that enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you on your return travels to Jacksonville.

Been to MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune

Address: 2201 N Marine Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Jacksonville
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 27 hotels in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2 star — MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune 2*
Spacious rooms with at-home features and amenities, including full kitchens and 40inch televisions, that make us a great place to stay for extended military training, job relocation and any extended stay visits, as well as being convenient for our business and leisure travelers as well. Easy access to the military bases, close to Camp Lejeune. Located in the heart of Jacksonville, North Carolina restaurants and shopping area. For family fun, we are close to several beaches, including Onslow and Topsail Beach. We offer numerous features, outstanding service and a great location. Whether you need accommodations for one night, several weeks or many months, the Mainstay Suites located near Camp Lejeune is a great place to stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.