“A Better Fast Food Alternative” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 193 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“A Better Fast Food Alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been to this place a few times for lunch as oppose to going to other restaurants like Applebee's or Logans. The price of the food is comparable to the price of lunch at those restaurants. It's about $9.00 for your choice of entree - salad, pasta, wrap, etc with your choice of meat and toppings, chips, and a medium size drink. The chips are Stacey's Pita chips. This was disappointing as their hummus and guacamole look to be made from scratch and the hummus is good. This place would be much better if they made their chips from scratch. In addition to store brought chips a lot of their toppings are from a can. This too was really disappointing. From the look of the menu, which offers vegetarian and maybe one or two gluten free options (usually something like soup) I wouldn't expect any of their food to come from a can. I first began eating here because I thought it would be a healthier alternative for lunch when I didn't pack my own but it's not. It's just a better fast food alternative. I stopped going because I felt like the price was too high to pay for processed food. If they would start making all of their toppings and chips from scratch and invest in organic ingredients this could be a good place to stop and eat for a healthier meal. As it is it's just a better place than a fast food joint and for the price you can find tastier and healthier options at other restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Forkful, Owner at Forkful, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I am sorry to hear of your misinterpretation of our concept and restaurant. Everything except the Chips and Wraps are made from scratch in house. We have 32 fresh vegetables and fruits in our restaurant at all times! We don't use organic exclusively but use organic as often as possible.

We use nothing processed and no preservatives. 90% of our menu is gluten free with a minimum of 30 items offered everyday and vegan choices of at least 24. We have delicious gluten free wraps, chips, cookies as well as all of our protein -- gluten free too! Feel free to pickup a menu with all the symbols showing vegan and gluten free options. We use only black olives and beans from a can because the quality is better that way.

Eat it! Love it! Crave it!

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“its really good!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Extremely friendly staff, great atmosphere, clean environment, great prices, and delicious food! My wife and I eat here all the time. They have vegan and vegetarian options as well.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“A pleasant difference for Jacksonville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After you've had all the starchy foods you can handle go here for some healthy fare. Vegan too. Delicious wraps. Pick your fillings just like subway. If you order the soup I would suggest to taste the soup first if possible. I got the apple sweet potatoe and it didn't taste much like sweet potatoes, couldn't eat it. Should have tried the black bean.......will definitely go back.

Visited July 2013
Forkful, Owner at Forkful, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. Black Bean soup is our house soup and loved by many. Anytime you order something in Forkful that you dislike we urge you to bring it to our attention and change it for something you love! There is no reason to eat something here you don't love!!! We are also happy and encourage people to sample any of our items as they are ordering.
Eat it! Love it! Crave it!
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Unique lunch experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Did not know what to expect when entering Forkful and initially overwhelmed by what is offered. Once over the initial shock of so many options, it was a wonderful experience. Going down the line and seeing so many options to add to your wrap or salad was a treat. I particularly was impressed by the fact that so much was freshly prepared. This place reminds me of Amy's flaming burritos in Wilmington but has a healthier flair to it. (now if Forkful could provide the bohemian atmosphere of Amy's, you'd never be able to get in the place). It's one place in Jville that you can be assured of gettin in and out in a hurry if you need to. As mentioned above, the only negative is the lack of ambience. I know that this will be one of my go to places. Well done.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Fatest Wrap I've Ever Had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have now ate here several times and have taken a different person with me every time. Everybody has loved it.

The first time I went, the young lady behind the counter explained the "process of choices", so I went with a wrap. I tried a lot of things I had never had before, like the chimichurri steak, black bean medley and the roasted walnut pesto. Then I threw in all the things I love like spinach, cucumbers, olives and a bunch of other yummies. I was amazed as to how tight that young lady could wrap that wrap. It was the biggest wrap I have ever seen and the most delicious wrap I have ever had!

Now when I go, I get a salad instead - it's piled pretty darn high and just as good as the wrap!

I love dining at family restaurants and this is one of the best! My first time there I had the privilege of having the youngest daughter ring up my order. As she stood on a step stool in order to reach the "computer register", she taught me how to "sign" for my purchase.

Was pretty busy, but they kept it clean. I hate eating at a place that doesn't clean the dining room because it's the lunch rush. Great food, family/friendly environment - what's not to love about it!

• Visited March 2013