“this was a very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Sunset Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   497 Western Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Jacksonville
Santa Ana, California, United States
“this was a very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

this was nice and in it didn't cost and arm and a leg to stay here and they ever had a CDL discount! No it is a little older looking but if you just want or need to have a place to sleep then check them out they even have truck parking but I wouldn't want to have to try and put a 53 foot long trailer in there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times when i came to visit my boyfriend in the marines. Rooms are clean and a great price. Everyone is super nice and helpful. Great location, right on western Blvd. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jacksonville.

• Stayed November 2013
Richlands, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had to get out of the house for a few days and stayed here. Had a great stay. Was in a King size room. Very comfortable bed, room was clean, and there was a fridge and microwave-and they were clean too! Price was good, Jville can be pricey but their price was excellent. Front desk staff was great. Morning lady was great, very pleasant to talk with. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed for a few days to visit family in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Really knew what they were doin. Prices were great, especially compared to some of the other hotels in the area. Room was nice and clean. Did not have any bugs. (They have signs that no pets are allowed ! )Had a fridge and microwave in the room. The bed was more comfy than our bed at home! Could walk to all the eateries if we wanted.

They have breakfast too! Make your own waffles are good! And then the usual cereal, muffins biscuits with juice and coffee and tea. Just enough to get you going in the AM!Will stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband & I have stayed here a couple of times. The rooms are clean. The service is pretty good. Most rooms are decently priced, except the jacuzzi suite. There are little to none of these suites in Jville so I guess they think they can jack the price up & be ok with that. The traffic is somewhat noisy because your right on 17 but it's not unbearable. Overall I give it a 4 star.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a couple days a month and I haven't even thought of going anywhere else. Numerous restaurant within walkingss distance. Walmart is very nearby also. Texas Roadhouse Applebee's Waffle House ruby Tuesdays Logan's roadhouse. Outback

• Stayed September 2013
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

There is not enough space for me to write about all the things my husband and I found wrong with this hotel, if you can even call it that. We were only in the room 4 hours before checking out at 11 pm to go to another hotel because there were fleas in the bed. The tv/dvd player did not work properly and we were told that if we wanted to watch anything on the dvd player we would have to buy our own component cables. You could see daylight around all edges of the door and the locks barely closed, so we did not feel safe in the room whatsoever. And to top it all off when we went to the desk to ask for a refund for the night we would not be staying, since we had made our reservation for two nights we were told my the "manager" Michelle that it could not be processed because we were in the room for a few hours. We told her that we would be reporting to the BBB and that we wanted a full refund for the second night we were supposed to be there but were not, and we said we didn't even want a full refund for the first night, a half refund would be fine since we understood that we were in the room for a short period of time. I asked to speak to the property owner/manager and she told us that he "didn't do well with this type of thing" and that there was no number for us to call him at and he wouldn't be willing to speak with us. The room rate was 150.00 per night and was no where near worth that. We went back in the next day and finally got a refund for the second night and a partial refund for the night we left early. Upon getting the receipts for the refunds the property owner was there and started shouting at me, in another language that I did not understand, so we took our receipts and left. My husband and I stay at hotels quite frequently since I travel to see him since he is in the military and this is by far the worst experience we have ever had. I would not suggest that anyone stay at this establishment, poor customer service and an utter lack of respect and common decency. Horrible!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!