“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a fairly new hotel with very modern furnishings. I have stayed here twice and enjoyed my stay both times. The showers have built-in shampoo dispensers. The breakfast is decent with the typical offerings plus some unique egg dishes that need to be heated up in the microwave. My room had a large fridge, full size microwave, kitchen sink, dishwasher, sofa, etc. There was a curtain kind of thing to separate the living room area from the beds. The TV is a flat panel TV, but it's very slow to change channels if you are a channel surfer. The front desk is more of a table which is a little odd. The front desk staff was very friendly. I will stay here again if I'm in Jacksonville.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking time to submit a review. We appreciate that you continue to stay with us. We are continuing to enhance our breakfast options. We are glad that the amenities worked for you. When you return to Jacksonville we will be more than happy to have you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband picked this hotel for us to stay in before his deployment. It was cozy and relaxing and we really enjoyed our 2 night stay. If the weather had been nicer we would have loved to utilize the great patio area as well. There are a ton of delicious restaurants on the main road and it's a very short drive to base. If I need a hotel in the area, I'll be sure to book my stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We love having the families of our Marines here! We appreciate all the sacrifices of the Marines and their families. I hope that when your Marine returns from deployment you will be staying with us again! I LOVE THE HOME COMING! We can assist with some suprises too if you would like. Can't wait to see you again.
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

100 stars out of 10 My last stay Oct 2013 for my Marines return from Afghanistan.
Recently I have learned my son’s hitch in the USMC is coming to a close. It is time for me to share to all the PMM [Proud Marine moms] looking for a place to stay. I have been staying here off and on since the opening in 2012. I think I have close to 50 nights and my in-laws have just as many and maybe more. I have been there through the good and bad. Extreme weather conditions, electrical outages etc and let’s just say this crew can handle any emergency thrown at them .

This Hotel is beyond anything you can imagine. It has a bright, happy, carefree, contemporary decor and the staff is the most pleasant amusing group of people you could imagine 24/7. This is the place to be when away from home and a fantastic place for you and your Marine to rest in Jacksonville.Once you enter the lobby and are greeted you will understand. When you open the door and see your room, you will feel at home.

The rooms with 2 beds are much larger than a single king, but if there will only be 2 of you a single is plenty large. [At times I have had 5 Marines over for dinner with 4 of us already staying in the room and had plenty of room just needed a few extra chairs in the large room.]

I am from an old Marine family and have known of the Jacksonville hotel nightmare for years…. Nick’s first 2 years I bounced from hotel to hotel with my stays down there. Paid $145 for a night my first trip down [4 people, 2 double beds and a room that was barely big enough for the beds]…..this was a very popular chain and there was a large hole in the wall……unbelievable……

June of 2012 I needed a place for a week. I found a new place Home 2 and would never stay anyplace else in Jacksonville again. Safe…..you could let a 20 year old daughter/sister/ girlfriend stay here by herself and feel good about it. You cannot say that for many hotels in Jacksonville.

There are a ton of quality restaurants close by if you want to eat out. My Nick likes home cooking when we go down… Imagine a spacious room with a kitchen area, dining table, dishes, dishwasher, small full size refrigerator, I could go on. With crock pot and electric fry pan in hand, the large microwave in the room, and the Induction burner you can sign out at the desk, I have fed many a Marine. Oh and let’s not forget the Gas grills on the patio...

We found such a wonderful place to stay we have continued to find more time to come down from Ohio to support our Marine. He could work all day and come HOME to have a good dinner and play some Poker with Grams and Gramps, just visit or watch a movie with who ever was there at the time. Not just go back to the barracks.

I have told many a family it is well worth a few extra dollars to stay here. You mention a need and it is taken care of…. They have tons of stuff in the back just ask. If they do not have it they will get it. I forgot to pick up bisquck one day shopping and before I could unload the grocery’s and put them away to go back to the store… WA LA they had some…

Beds .......you could stay in all day. Oh and I have on occasion when my Marine would not be there until afternoon… We mom’s do deserve a day off now and then. I did use vacation days to come down. LOL

Maintenance is on the ball. It is a busy place and like at home things do occasionally break with use. They go over each room thoroughly once a month but I had a refrigerator that was off balance once and a dishwasher that had a problem but both were fixed within the hour.

MOM’s there is always a bit of laundry to do for your Marine and there is a small but nice laundry area… also nice you can pack light and do a load of laundry if you stay a few days……if it is post deployment and tons of laundry a large clean Laundromat only about a mile away to get it all done in a couple of hours.

The indoor pool is warm and relaxing although I never find a lot of time to spend there even though I love to swim. They have a sister hotel next door with an outdoor pool if the weather is nice. There is a fitness room with very nice equipment. Sometimes your Marine feels the need at all hours to let off steam especially after deployment.

Not 1, but 3 different patio areas. 2 are off the pool and the large one with the fire pit off the main lobby.

The hotel staff is very service oriented to the community and the military….. I have sat at the breakfast counter for hours when Michaels craft store has brought in supplies to make cards to send overseas….

Many stores are within walking distance and anything you want within a mile, Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club Etc…. it is right in the middle of everything but set back off the highway to make it so much nicer.

I am in hope I will get one last trip down to say good-by to this part of my family that has been there through some very ruff times....
All I can say is OORAH to the Jacksonville Staff. Ashley, Chebey and all the gang!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 beds larger
Green Features: Most environmentally friendly hotel I have ever experienced...Recycling, energy saving appliances and many more aspects
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for all you said in your review! I was happy to go get your biscuit mix. Why wouldn't I, I was able to eat your wonderful cooking! Now we know one of the reasons Nick enjoys your visits, your fabulous cooking! :) We all here at Home2 Suites love having you come stay with us! Hope to see you again soon! I know Nick is leaving the area, but I hope that you will be back to visit or at least stay in touch with us! You are a part of our Home2 family. Thank you again for such a wonderful review.
Williiamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed overnight during a visit with our Marine - the suite was plenty of room for us all to stretch out, cook up some snacks and and relax together. Cheerful and helpful staff, the contemporary decor lends itself to a relaxing, easy feeling. Everything was super clean,and breakfast was awesome. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you found the rooms spacious. The Home2 Suites are very bright and colorful. Thank you and your Marine for all you do and for all the sacrifices! We truly appreciate our military!! Hope to see you again.
Holland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel is creatively decorated and cheerful. The free printer access and wifi was handy. The room is user-friendly and comfortable. But above all, the staff is what makes this place an exceptional place to stay. Absolutely every person on staff is friendly and welcoming, which goes a long way towards setting the tone for a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for such an amazing review. Our team here at Home2 love working here because the awesome guests that stay with us. They make it easy for us to come to work each day :) I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope this means you will be returning.
Palm Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I chose the property because I had not stayed in this brand. I was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone was friendly, the furnishings were spartan but comfortable and most importantly clean. I travel often, if I locate another Home2suite I hesitation to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am so pleased that you decided to give Home2 Suites a try. We are Hilton's newest brand. We are a rapidly growing brand. I look forward to you staying with us again at Home2.
Bergenfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had to stay here for a couple of months due to non-availability on base and by being away from home I refused to stay just in any place, Well this has been great place to stay. The staff, the cleanliness, Julie, Bobbi, Raven to name a few always courteous with energy can do and will do attitude any time at any day. By far if you are coming to greet your son, host a small party, or have small children that like a nice warm pool here is the place,

Room Tip: Talk to the any front desk and explain your needs
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your review! I love having guests like you that stay with us for long stays! We love getting to know our guests and having our family grow with guests like you. The heated indoor saline pool really is a wonderful feature. Thank you for staying here with us and joining our Home2 family!

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC? Share your experiences!