“Really disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Elkridge, Maryland
“Really disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was looking forward to a little bit extra since I travel to Jacksonville NC often. This was Thanksgiving weekend, 3 night stay and believe me, it wasn't worth it. The first thing that greeted me was a sign that there was a skeleton crew operating the property. I can live with not having a bed made or even cleaned floors. What is unacceptable was that the toilet paper and coffee weren't replenished AT ALL. During the entire stay. I had to ask at the front desk for TP.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review from your last stay with us, I really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing-especially when the need for improvement is noted. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of maintaining exceptional service. Again I apologize that your stay wasn’t what it should have been and hopefully you will give us another chance to get it right, if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Overall appearance of hotel was very nice. Hotel room was clean and spacious. Great kitchen area and other amenities, such as indoor pool and exercise room. Continental breakfast was disappointing and not tasty at all (pretty awful). Suggest you prepare food in your room or go to a restaurant if you want a decent meal. Room was colorful and looked pretty, but looks are deceiving. Everything was cheap and flimsy. Watch out for the window shade. Staff was friendly, courteous, efficient, and professional. Hotel was conveniently located and had plenty of parking. Hotel is newer than others in the area, so I wIll recommend as the place to stay when in Jacksonville, NC.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere near elevators, extremely noisy and annoying. Can be heard going up and down...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is spotless. I loved their Eco initiatives, friendly attitude and great layout. Rooms are spacious and really well organized. The kitchens in the rooms make your stay very comfortable and I can't emphasize the cleanliness enough. A great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the review, we appreciate you doing this for us. I'm so glad you enjoyed the friendliness and eco-friendly environment of the Home2 Suites by Hilton. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our stay at this beautiful hotel was awesome! Great interior décor of warm, inviting color schemes. The room was very, very inviting and cozy. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful, and helpful. This hotel was very close to the restaurants and shopping. For our future travels, we are definitely going to look for Home2 Suites to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you! What a nice review you wrote. I love that you loved everything about us! The spacious room, 42" TV with HD programming, cheerful front desk staff, wow! Thank you for taking the time to write this survey for us and thank you for your business! We hope to see you again soon.
Camden, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I only stayed here for one night as I was in town for a wedding. It was the perfect stop for the night, but I could have spent the week here. The rooms are various spacious-plenty of room to spread out. It's all the "little" touches about this hotel when put together make for a great experience. First, the front staff was cheerful, friendly, and helped me adjust the location of one of my rooms upon check-in. Second, the lobby area, called the "Oasis" is a space you would actually want to hang out in. There is a patio area right off the lobby with a firepit in which I always saw people hanging out and having fun. There is an indoor-heated pool that also has a fun looking patio area just outside. I didn't have time to hit the fitness center, but there is one here as well. Third, the rooms themselves were clean and finely appointed. The bedding was soft and the mattresses comfortable and supportive. The sofa was large enough to spread out and get comfortable and the ottoman was just the right size to kick your feet up. While many hotels have upgraded their tv's to flat panel displays, my pet peeve is that they show standard definition, which means for fuzzy tv watching. At Home2 Suites they not only give you a large screen (42" - which is big in this space), but you get HD programming as well-THANK YOU! Now, if they will ever let us have some DVR features it will be just like home! The room also has free wi-fi, wired internet access, a large desk, and outlets everywhere to plug in and charge any gadget you might bring with you. The bathrooms were nice and clean, the towels were soft-I noticed they are a cotton-poly blend, giving it almost the feel of microfiber, but with substance. Best hotel towels, ever. Again, it's the little things that add up. The only thing that didn't work for us here was that we traveled with my 5 year old who takes baths. I booked two rooms for our family and both rooms had only showers-it goes along with the eco-friendliness of this hotel. As an adult, I could care less if it had a tub, but it made for an interesting bath-time. I think there are some accessible rooms that have tubs-might want to check in on those if you have kids. Conclusion for me, if I were staying in Jacksonville again I would stay here first. If this hotel is any indication of the quality and level of service for the Home2 Suites chain, they have definitely gotten my attention.

Room Tip: A little bit of foot traffic on the first floor - pick something 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Home2 Suites by Hilton. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay, we hope you can return and enjoy the fire pit and other areas of the hotel that you could not do on your one night stay. Thank you so much for all the nice comments you wrote about the hotel and the associates, we appreciate the compliments. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay here when I have business on the base. I love it here! Very clean, close to everything, and quite! Its a little different than most hotels but very refreshing! Breakfast is great. I love the full kitchen and the room layout! The bed is so comfortable and I love the blackout shades!
Very Safe as well!!!
The front desk staff is wonderful! I am a diamond hilton honors so I stay in a lot of hotels and I love it here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and compliment! It's great to hear such positive reviews from our diamond members. I'm glad you liked the layout of the room, breakfast, and you also mentioned that the bed was very comfortable. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business!
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Staying at Home2 was a nice change from other hotel stays. When I first walked into the lobby, I looked around wondering where the front desk was. It was only about 20 ft. away, but it was small and not the usual "setup". The rest of the lobby had an array of comfy chairs and lounges. It was cool! We also enjoyed sitting outside the next morning drinking coffee and enjoying the gas fire pit and comfortable outdoor furniture. The room was great. We had a one bedroom King. The room has a separate living area with a fold-out couch. The bedding was high quality. There was a microwave, fridge, dishes and dishwasher. There were 4 of us and the room worked well for us for the 1 night we were there. The bathroom was great. Everything was great. We missed the breakfast, as they closed it at 9 a.m. on Sunday (thought that was a little early). This room was more pricey than we usually pay, but we needed the separate bedroom for this trip and Home2 was the only one I could find in Jacksonville that offered it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MellaDee Y, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I love to hear that you were able to enjoy the fire pit with colleagues and friends, and that your room was spacious and great for your family of 4. We appreciate the comments you shared about the breakfast bar. I hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, NC? Share your experiences!