Last Visit:August 2007
My son is a Marine and we have stayed at many hotels in J'ville over the past few years. This is the very first time at this place and the last.
1) First of all I was called twice on my way to Jacksonville to see if I was still coming. That made me mad to start with due to the fact that they already had my card number, I clearly knew the cancelation policy, and if I was not there, so what... they charge my card anyway. Yes, they called twice.
2) When I got there they told me that they were going to give me the room for 64.95 and "upgrade" me to a suite. I said fine, not knowing that the room only had one bed in it. I got in the room, which was not acceptable due to teh fact that it was myself and my 23 year old son. I called back to the front desk, told them that I needed two beds and was changed to a reg room.
3) I get in the room and there is no remote. I dont know about how they do things, but we flip channels and a remote is required to do that. They looked for one, but couldnt find one... so we went 2 days up and down to channel surf.
4) Flipflops were a requirement due to the carpet being wet around the AC unit. It was very wet and smelled even worse.
5) Lights did not work. we had two lights in teh entire room. One over the desk and one over the window seat. No lamps, nothing.
6) No ice. Ice machine did not work. There was no sign on it stating that it did not work, just didnt. So I bought ice.
7) No room service. No clean towels. Nothing.
8) Card keys did not work. I had to go to front desk x 3 to get keys programed.
9) Trash left in room from previous person. Underneath telephone table. Candy wrapper.
10) when I started to check out the room rate had gone up to 74.95, which was crazy cause this place in a total dump. I pd it. I am very upset. They offered nothing to try to make us happy. Very upset with this establishment. Plan on reporting to BBB.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.