“Slowest service in Jacksonville” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 184 restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Jacksonville, NC
“Slowest service in Jacksonville”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have been to this restaurant multiple times for lunch over the past few years always hoping that the service would get better because the food is decent and it has a convenient location.
But the service is always slow. There can be one table or 15 tables, expect to have to get your waitress’s attention to order food, get refills, get the check, basically for everything you need.
The owner even accused me of trying to get food for free. I ordered a sandwich without mushrooms and after my second bite discovered a mushroom. After finally getting the waitress’s attention I asked to get the sandwich remade and then to box it to go since it had taken so long to order and get the food. They remade the sandwich but only gave me half of it. When I said that I should have gotten a whole sandwich the owner said that since I had eaten so much of the sandwich before returning it that I would only get half a sandwich. I had only taken two small bites.
Very unhappy with the service, the restaurant has a history of slow staff and the food is not worth the frustration.
On a positive note, the carrot cilantro soup there is excellent so if they are making it that day it is worth the trip. Make sure you call ahead and get it to go so you don’t have to wait on the wait staff.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NeeNeech, Owner at Courthouse Caffe, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I am so glad you have enjoyed our dinners. We try to additionally offer fresh seafood specials each night we are open. Last night we had Blackened Mahi with a Curried Cream Sauce and garnished with Toasted Coconut. We sold out!!! (Word might be getting out about us)

75% Recommend
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Good Food but Needs Some Organization”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Our group worked with Renee for "sacks" lunches and then a dinner at the restaurant. People who ate both the lunch and at the restaurant gave the food rave reviews, and all of it WAS good. The restaurant was decorated very nicely, and the service was very good. Although it is tucked away near the courthouse, nobody had trouble finding it, and there is plenty of parking nearby.

Problems occurred behind the scenes, as the owner confused our dates, did not have our lunches ready on time, and then gave us an incorrect number. Mostly the organizers were upset although some refunds are now in order. However, at night staff was ready and willing to make the outing a success, and Renee even cooked a special item for a person who had food allergies. A good time was had by all!

I recommend this catering service as probably the best in town. You just have to be careful that everyone is on the same page in planning the event.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Good Food, Great Service, an All-Around Awesome Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Renee's Courthouse Caffe, open for breakfast, lunch, occasional dinners, and catering events, is an awesome place to eat! It has a nice, friendly atmosphere making you feel very welcomed as soon as you walk in the door followed by imediate service. Her catering service is very professional and most preferable for any occasion. The food is all reasonably priced for excellent quality.

• Visited July 2011