“Great experience at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Jacksonville
beaufort
“Great experience at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in mid-October 2011. The hotel was very clean, had great ammenities in the room for basic cooking needs, I.E. a stove, pots and pans, glasses, silverware a full size fridge and microwave as well as a deep sink for cleaning. The rooms are not re-supplied or cleaned every day but that is not a big deal for me. What matters to me is the friendliness, cleanliness and the ability to ask for more towels or linens if necessary. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
I want to Thank You for taking the time out of your day to write your review. It's greatly appreciated by my team and me; it makes us feel like they are doing a great service to our guest and community.

We take pride in trying to make everyone's stay a great one.

Thanks again for your review!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
eastern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at this place for a week in September 2011 while at Camp Lejeune. This is a low-end hotel. The first thing I was told when I checked in was that my room would not be cleaned or resupplied every day. The area around the hotel is not especially nice, and there's nothing within walking distance. The room itself was on the low end. Basic internet is free, but if you want anything faster, you have to pay. Parking is free.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
First, let me apologize for my delay in responding, generally I respond as soon as it’s posted but I’ve been out of town and wasn’t able to take care of this.

I want to start off by thanking you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how your stay was, it assists us with knowing what we are doing correctly and where we have areas to improve.

You are correct in that at check-in we inform you about our cleaning policies, as we are an extended-stay facility and we want to make sure that we inform you, so there are no surprises. We find this to be the best policy as opposed to you being really upset if we wouldn’t have told you about that, however I’m sure we explained about the linen exchange at the front desk, as that is our standard information as well.

However, I disagree with your assumption that we are “low end”, as we’ve had mostly excellent feedback in our time here with great responses overall. That being said, we understand that no matter how hard we try, we can’t meet everyone’s preferences, especially as we are an extended stay hotel and this can be an adjustment for some who are used to the more traditional hotel accommodations and amenities.

I again, Thank You, for your time and energy in letting us know about your stay.

Best wishes with your future travels!
berlin, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Traveling to Jacksonville NC is always an adventure, since the town is the gateway to the base for Marine training (Camp Lejeune). The hotel was just about what I expected. My room had a small kichenette, with a few dishes ,glasses and cups in the cabinets. It also had a frig,microwave,stovetop, and coffeemaker. All were clean,if dated.The bathroom was clean, but with no amenties other than two tiny soaps. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. On checking for bugs (none), I did find two stains on the mattress. There is no daily maid service at this hotel. Definitely a big minus. The big sitting chair was stained and worn,as was the carpet. The desk was undersized and cheap. As was the television. There was no room guide,so I spent quite a bit of time figuring out lights,tv stations,ect. The room is heated and cooled by a space heater type unit. The air could benefit from freshening.
Generally,this is a two star hotel in a town full of two star hotels. Pay as little as you can to stay here. It's a clean bargain hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
I want to thank you for the time and detail that you have gone into. I appreciate your candor. I’m surprised that we appear ‘dated’, as we are the newest hotel here in Jacksonville, being open less than 2 years.

I will look into the issues you’ve raised and speak with our staff to see where we can improve, as we are constantly looking into better ways to serve our guests.

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to serve you again upon your next visit to Jacksonville.
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I drove up from FL for my son's MOS graduation at Camp Johnson this week. Even though it's advertised as an "extended" hotel, I only stayed one night, and I have no complaints. I was able to check in earlier than the posted time. And I want to acknowledge the front desk girl, Natalie, who was very friendly. My son was assigned to Camp Lejeune and was not due to report in until 2 pm. after the 9 a.m. graduation. Since check out was at noon, we were allowed to come back to the hotel and use the lobby's men's room for him to change into his proper uniform. Otherwise he was looking at attempting to change in some restroom at a gas station ! I would definitely stay there again next time I am in Jacksonville - which I'm sure will be on occasion as my son is stationed at Camp Lejeune.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Thanks for your kinds words, glad that we was able to accommodate your needs.

will pass on your comments to Natalie, as it's always great to be 'singled out' as doing your job well.

Thanks again, see you on your next visit to see your son!
e.m.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Recently stayed in Hilton in Wilmington payed almost twice the price and the hotel was not as nice as the suburban. And as far as Jacksonville goes. It is comparable to the Marriott town place but about $40 a night cheaper and a much friendlier and attentive staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Thanks for much for you kind words, we truly appreciate your comments and the fact that we achieved a great value for us is music to our ears!

I will let our staff know of you words, this is why we are here! To serve our guests!

Have a GREAT day! We look forward to serving you upon your next trip to Jacksonville!!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I reserved 5 nights before my husbands leave with the Marine Corps and we stayed 4 because he went on leave early. This hotel was very clean and updated. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The check-out process was really fast, even getting our money back for that last night. I would definity stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you! Thank You! It's great to hear your stay was a great one! Glad we could be of service to you and your family!

Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Everything about this hotel is low-budget and low-class. We stayed there for one week. Potential visitors should be aware that while the hotel advises that residents need to exchange used towels and linens for clean ones, they neglect to advise that clean towels and linens may not be available. First time we were told it would be about an hour before fresh linens were available. Two hours later we were told the staff was busy and the linens were still in the dryer. We understood we had to empty our own trash but did not understand how the hotel could leave the trash bins as filthy and disgusting as they were. Revolting and unsanitary. The sheets and towels were paper thin and scratchy. Pillows were skimpy and uncomfortable. Bedding was cheap and slid off the bed. The towel bars kept falling off the bathroom wall. Wafer thin slices of cheap soap and harsh, cheap shampoo. The kitchen offered no dishwasher and the one tiny towel provided was insufficient to dry dishes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your stay. We are always striving to improve in whatever possible way, and with the feedback from you this will help us to accomplish this.

During your stay, we had an inordinate amount of checkouts due to the holiday weekend, this was taking away from our desk’s ability to keep up with the guest’s request in the morning for ‘fresh linens’, but this was the exception not the rule; we apologized to every guest for the inconvenience. I personally put an extra set of towels in your room on this day in ‘good faith’ to apologize for the inconvenience.

In regards to the trash rooms, we generally keep them up with the one exception on 4th of July the trash company did not run and therefore on that day there was an issue; the bins are normally cleaned out daily by our maintenance team.

However, I disagree with your assumption that we are “low-budget and low-class”, as we’ve had excellent feedback in our time here with great responses overall. That being said, we understand that no matter how hard we try, we can’t appease everyone’s preferences, especially as we are an extended stay hotel and this can be an adjustment for some who are used to the more traditional hotel accommodations and amenities.

Again, I want to convey my humblest of apologies for your stay, which is not the way we want our guests to feel. I again, Thank You, for your time and energy in letting us know where we’ve failed you as a guest, this is not our goal I can assure you.

Best wishes with your future travels!

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune? Share your experiences!