“Wonderful Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Jacksonville. True it shows some signs of its age, but none so offensive as to warrant the slams delivered by some of the other reviewers here. The facility is well kept and the staff present the courtesy and professionalism expected by anyone who knows why the choose Marriott. To Melody at the front desk: A+ check-in, ma'am! And Kimberly, I understand you just started out on this team, but it did not show one bit. Annette, from everything I had the opportunity to see during my short stay, you have a wonderful team who go above and beyond for the guests. Rest assured I will be staying here again.

To anyone concerned about the negative reviews this hotel has received, I think some folks may have stayed in too many Ritz Carltons and forgot that this was Jacksonville, NC. Not so long ago I lived in this town for the standard 3 years that so many others do, and believe me when I say that there are some horrible hotels in the area. You can nit-pick any place to death, but I challenge you to find a better hotel in Jacksonville with a friendlier staff than TPS.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Jacob,
I can't thank you enough for your accolades. We really strive to be Marriott's best TownePlace Suites but even more important we want our guest to feel at home, part of our TPS family. You are so important to us and I am proud my associates to such good care of you. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are looking forward to your next visit to Jacksonville.....Anette GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clinton Township, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was in town recently on business for a two night stay and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I've stayed at four different hotels in the city of Jacksonville, NC and this was by far the worst experience I've had.

- First off, this hotel is extremely run down. There are visible holes in the carpeting in the main hallways. In addition there were stains to the carpeting in the main hallway as well as in the rooms. Also, in my room the upholstery on the chair was ripping, this was not a new tear either, there were multiple tears. This chair should have been replaced months ago.

- Secondly, I came down to the front desk to get a replacement key for the one I left in my room and there was no one at the front desk for 7-10 minutes. I asked for help in case someone was in the back office and no response. In summary there was no one at the desk for current customers, newly arriving customers, or customers calling over the phone. This is unacceptable and extremely poor customer service.

- The hotel room itself should not be termed a suite. The room is regular-sized at best with a work desk, the aforementioned chair and a kitchen area. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and the bathroom was decent, though missing a waste basket. The only other issue I had with the room is that when I went to bed at night the room was comfortable, when I woke up in the morning it was freezing though the thermostat still read 72 degrees. Strange.

- Lastly, I again went down to the front desk and asked to purchase a bottled water when the front desk clerk, who was friendly, told me that they did not have any left and were expecting a delivery tomorrow and that I'd have to go to the exercise room to pour myself a cup out of the water cooler. A delivery of bottled water? It would seem like a simple fix (from a customer service and revenue perspective) would be to have someone go out to a local store and buy some bottled water and have them available to customers. In addition to being out of bottled water, there is also no vending on the whole property.

I felt compelled to post about my stay because it was frankly shocking for a property with the Marriott name to be in this bad of shape. A full update aesthetically and from a customer service standpoint needs to be done or word will spread quickly about this facility and the other hotels in the area will close this place down. At least the free cookies were good!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Very disappointing,
First allow me to thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. We really appreciate our guest letting us know about their stay. I apologize that your stay was disappointing we are never happy to hear that from our guest. If there is anything I can do to make it better please let me know.

Anette GM
Westminster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just one night four years ago when it was new. Of course it was great. We just returned from a five night stay. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms needs better touch-up paint. There were massive cob-webs in the closet and several in the upper corners in the bathroom. It just needs some TLC.

We won't stay there again, if possible. It's too far out-of-the-way & there are newer hotels being built, or recently opened.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TPSJax, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed in my property. We do work very hard to get things right, sometimes we do make mistakes. If there is any way I can be of assistance please feel free to call and I will do what it takes to get it right. Anette General Manager
Hopatcong, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I don't understand all the good reviews for this hotel. We stayed here in late August for 1 night, after our daughter ran in a night marathon in Holly Ridge. We arrived after midnight and the front desk clerk was very nice, but in the first room we were put in, the sofa bed would not open. It was so bad that we couldn't even get it to close back up again. We were so tired and we all just wanted to get to sleep. We were moved to another room, and the sofa bed did open ok, but there were already used sheets on the bed, so we had to remove those before putting on the new sheets from the closet. According to the person who had to sleep on the sofa bed, it was extremely uncomfortable, and they felt like the pillow and blanket were dirty and smelled. The regular bedroom was fine, as was the bathroom. It was nice having a kitchen in the room, but it too didn't seem to be as clean as one would expect. I am now almost afraid to book another Marriott room for our next trip even though we have Marriott reward points that we can use. This hotel is also down a street with not much else around, and there were two men in the parking lot when we arrived who made us feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Bond Family,
I would like to apologize for your inconvenience at our TownePlace Suites and say I am so disappointed you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We pride ourselves in striving to be the best and I am sorry we didn't meet those expectation during your visit. If you ever visit Jacksonville, NC again
I hope you will give us a chance to make this up to you. Feel free to contact me so I can asure your satisfaction.
Anette/ General Manager
Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights recently. We had our 2 dogs with us. This was our second time staying here & I felt I needed to write a review. Our first stay was as wonderful as this one.
I must say this is the best hotel in the area, especially if you are bringing your four legged family, which we always travel with.
It is very clean the free breakfast is good, they even have trays so you can take it back to your room & relax while enjoying breakfast.
Melody is the best! When checking in I asked if we could have a ground floor room (easier to exercise the dogs) & she told me "already taken care of & near an exit"
Every employee that we saw was extremely polite & always asked if there was anything they could do or get for us.
This is the only place I will stay in Jacksonville!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Richard N. It was very nice to read your review on Trip Advisor. I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to do that. I also would like to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We all realize that you have many choices in Jacksonville, NC and we want you to know we are happy you chose us. Anette/General Manager
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot which means I live in and out of hotels for months at a time and without an doubt I prefer Marriott all of which are good however what separates this hotel is the attention to details,and the staff starting with Gayle Alvis you would be hard pressed to find a better human being in your life time! But it doesn't stop with her the staff in general are great from Annette, Will, Ken.
Heidi and Michelle will go out of there way to take care of you I can honestly say I miss them.
There were several new hotels being built when I left and I'm sure they all are nice but safe yourself from any possible disappointment and stay with the best hotel in Jacksonville NC TownPlace Suites. What separates them from the rest is the staff and as long as they are there I will always return.

I LOVE THEM!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
What can I say, we miss you too. You are such an important part of our family. Thank you for your reviews, we all appreciate it. Please come back and visit us soon. Anette General Manager
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week it was nice and relaxing. The room is comfortable and clean the breakfast was nice and good and the staff is very courteous. Very clean rooms also. Nice size kitchen and the internet was pretty good. Plenty of good restaurant's in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves in going above Marriott standards to make our guest feel at home. Thank you for being part of our TownePlace Siutes family, we enjoyed having you.
Anette General Manager

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville? Share your experiences!