“Very friendly staff and a very pleasant stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 27 hotels in Jacksonville
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
“Very friendly staff and a very pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There were 13 of us spread out among both suites and regular rooms. Since I was solo, I had a regular room with a King-size bed and a kitchenette. I was very pleased with my room. The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were clean, and the kitchenette was stocked with utensils, dishes, soap, paper towels, etc. I visited my relatives' rooms who were in suites, and those were very spacious and well laid out. We were there the week Hurricane Sandy made her way up the Eastern coastline, and the staff made everyone feel safe and kept everyone informed about weather issues. I just can't say enough about how friendly the staff were. We were in town for my grandmother's funeral and the staff were so caring, friendly and respectful toward us. I didn't encounter one single staff member anywhere in the hotel who didn't greet me with a "hello", or a "good morning" or what have you ever time I saw someone. Oh and if you're hungry, there are a plethora of restaurants nearby. I'm not a breakfast eater so all I can tell you about the hotel breakfast was that it was included with the room. Hallelujah for the all-day coffee bar though! (Especially when that cold front hit!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TPSJax, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to compliment my hotel and staff. We strive to make our guest feel at home. We know you have several choices in Jacksonville and we are very grateful you choose our TownePlace Suites by Marriott.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in town for a pleasure trip. The area the hotel is locate is a short drive to lots of restarurants and shopping. The bed was comfortable, bathroom needs some upgrading, breakfast was the usual cereals and fruits. I would stay again. There was a tropical storm affecting the area the hotel staff was excellent in keeping us updated on the storm status and called to make sure we were ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

As a platinum Marriott member, I've stayed all over.

This Marriott is on the more moderate, to mediocre side. Granted, the room I had was large, the layout was a bit odd for such a large space. The furniture was nice, albeit slightly older. And the dresser and desk was built of $4 dollar material.

That being said, the bed was comfy, but could certainly use a new mattress. The Internet, touted as "free wifi throughout the hotel", was terrible.

Would I stay again - probably not. Would I recommend it, yeah, but there is no cheer leading for this location.

• Stayed September 2012
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our son is stationed at Camp LeJeune. We have made a number of trips to Jacksonville for visits and have always stayed at the TownePlace. As many other contributors have mentioned, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They are attentive to our needs and do what they can to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms are very comfortable and clean.
On the down side, since this is an extended stay hotel, you don't get a full cleaning service every day (just fresh towels and empty trash). When you have 2-3 people sharing a room, I would prefer to have more frequent cleaning. Also, the kitchen is sparsely stocked with cooking and eating utensils. Not that we spend a lot of time cooking, but it would be nice to have some addition glasses and plates.
I also have difficulty using my Marriott reward points at this location. Every time we've stayed, the dates were blacked out. Odd....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Due to an unexpected last minute change in plans, we needed to stay 1 night in Jacksonville. Our previous experience with TownePlace suites wasn't the greatest, so we didn't have high expectations. We wanted to have the flexibility of cooking dinner and eating in the room, so we decided to give the TownePlace suite another try.

Boy, we were impressed! Tyra greeted us at check-in, and was friendly and professional. She went out of her way to help us out. Each time we would enter, she would greet us with a smile. The junior suite was on the small side, but includes a small kitchen. What impressed us the most was how clean and fresh smelling the room was. The room was so well maintained it made us feel like we were the first guests at a new hotel! Sound insulation at this property seems better than the average hotel because we didn't hear a peep.

The complementary breakfast could use a bit of a tune-up. The only selections were cereal, breads, muffins, and bagels. It's certainly better than others, but not as good as you would find in a Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn. It would be ideal if management would add hard boiled eggs, or even some meat items (like the frozen biscuits found at Fairfield Inn). Another thing that was slightly annoying was the crowds of smokers that hang out at the entrance of the hotel. Dodging smoke clouds to get inside is not the best impression.

Location is on Western Blvd and while there are lots of restaurants within minutes, a car is recommended as nothing is in the immediate walking distance.

Overall, it was a great experience, and gives us a new impression of TownePlace Suites. We will definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

pulled off interstate just south of jacksonville, they were out of suites for 5 but offered us two king suites for the price of one larger one. all slept well very nice clean hotel with easy access to interstate. very friendly staff. rooms and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manteca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

From the booking process through checkout, one of the best hotel front desk staff groups I have dealt with. Clean place to stay but I must, as usual, give my warning not get a room next to an elevator.
Breakfast was better than average but be on time. The lady that handles breakfast must punch a clock.
Rooms layout is well designed. Rooms are clean. Great mini kitchen with full refrigerator.
Laundry room was clean and Gym was functional but small.
NO SPA...small pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville? Share your experiences!