“Best in Jacksonville” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, GA
“Best in Jacksonville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

This is the best hotel in Jacksonville, which is not to say that it is objectively good compared to hotels in the outside world, but if you need to stay in Jackonville, this is where to stay. The main thing is that the hotel is clean, as it has been recently renovated, with spacious rooms, decent furniture, decent sized TVs, and microwaves and fridges in the room. They do charge quite a bit for what it is, but it's worth it.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

My family stayed at Comfort Suites in a king room on June 8, 2007. We had previously stayed at Quality Inn in Jacksonville, but wouldn't return there. This was MUCH nicer! The room had a king bed, pull out sofa couch, and the regular hotel room furniture. It had an electronic safe, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, and coffee maker as well. The room was clean and nice sized. Not really a suite, but you know not to expect that with the description and all.

We used the pool and it was a nice sized pool with towels available pool side (or at the front desk if out). The pool area itself was in serious need of cleaning and that is what kept me from giving this place an excellent rating. The lawn chairs had mildew all over them, the pool had mildewy scum all along the tile above the water, and there was something growing along the brick where plastic sheeting had been affixed for some unknown reason (in between the plastic and the brick wall---thick, furry, green stuff). Ew.

Fresh cookies available at desk always a plus! And the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful--you would think that is a given, but unfortunately, these days, it is hard to find friendly staff. I passed by some housekeeping staff interacting with clients and they were equally cordial and professional. NICE!

Breakfast was great---bagels, biscuits and gravy, donuts, waffles (you make in griddle yourself), muffins, hardboiled eggs, juices, milk, cereal, coffee assortment, and more. We got down right at opening time and didn't have trouble getting a seat and it didn't seem busy even though the hotel was booked solid that night.

Overall, an awesome stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel---great price and generally clean place!

• Liked — Great staff and great breakfast!
  • Disliked — Scummy pool and pool area
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roanoke,VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

Hotel was in a great area. The price was very reasonable considering the extra ammenities like a great breakfast, a social hour and a large room.
The staff were very friendly and helpful!

Stayed February 2007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2006

There has definitely been some improvement here.
New carpet and furniture. Everything looked great to me.
The best thing was they have a very helpful staff.
Good choice in Jacksonville.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

This hotel is not nice at all. I would never stay there again. It is old, and the room is not very clean. I went to Jacksonville for a business meeting and had to stay at this hotel. I heard that this was one of the nicest Choice hotels around. NOT. It was awful. The rooms looked dirty, and there were some hand prints on my window from the outside. The shower was dirty and the wallpaper was coming off. This place was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. Never again will I stay here. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesJax, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 31, 2007
Our hotel has recently made many changes to our property. We have all new mattresses and a new bedding program. Our hotel is also completely NON SMOKING as of May 2007. We have made many cosmetic changes and invite everyone to come check out our hotel.
Virginia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

I do not usually stay with this chain, but was looking for an upscale room and their "Presidential Suite" was available. From the moment I walked through the room door, it was downhill. The hall light was out. The first lamp I tried to turn on was out. The fire place did not work (part on order). No soap, shampoo, etc in bathroom. Only one full sized towel. Decided to sit down and check my email and the seat back gave way and I almost fell backwards onto the floor. I am pretty passive about complaining, but a trip to the front desk was in order. To my dismay I found that they were aware of the fireplace problem and the fact that there was a dangerous broken chair in the room. In defense of the morning desk clerk, the room was discounted to a standard room rate on checkout. I travel a good deal and have never seen so many problems with one room. I have never written a negative review of a hotel in the past, but felt travelers should be warned of this one.

• Stayed November 2005
ComfortSuitesJax, General Manger at Comfort Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 31, 2007
Our hotel has just made alot of upgrades. I am sorry that you had such a bad stay. However, we have new furniture in both of of presidential suites and have upgraded to light bulbs with a long life span. We also have a great new breakfast with more items and brand new mattresses in every room as of May 2007. Not to mention we are a completely NON SMOKING building now. Come check out our changes.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

This hotel was very nice. The staff was very inviting and were able to get us two rooms of our choice even on a very busy weekend. The room itself was very well kept, clean and spacious. The bathroom was very very clean and large, especially the bathtub/shower. We had a mini-fridge, a king size bed, a couch, and a table with chairs. It was an absolutely wonderful stay and I would definitely return.

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!