“Our Saving Grace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Camp Lejeune

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Camp Lejeune to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Camp Lejeune
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Our Saving Grace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our family suffered a house fire and lost our belongings and our home. Obviously we were not planning on a trip, so when we got the suggestion from our insurance company to stay somewhere like an extended stay, that is exactly where we went. We ended up being there from June 6th to Sept 20th 2012. My husband walked in to get us a room while my 4 children and I waited in the car. He came back out and told me that there was an employee who was going to show me the room and make sure I was ok with it and that her name was Sally. I walked in and was greeted by one of the nicest hotel employees I have ever met. I knew from the get go that our stay was going to be just fine. The prices were the best in town, we even had a kitchenette in our room to include a 2 burner stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and a full size fridge. The staff there made sure that we didn't feel like we were just staying in a hotel, but made us feel like we had a home in their hotel. The fact that the doors locked at 11pm every night and that you had to have a key to gain entry into the hotel made us feel that much safer, considering that we did have 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 9. Our room was cleaned once a week by house keeping and if we needed fresh linens in between house cleaning dates, we would go to the desk and ask Mrs. Sally for towels and we would receive them right away. While we were there, all 4 of my kids ended up with a stomach flu all at once as well as myself, and my husband went to the front desk and asked for extra trash cans since we all couldn't be in the bathroom at the same time and they accommodated his request. It was conveniently located to Wal-Mart and all of the bases, which worked for us considering my husband is a marine on New River Air Station and we needed a store near by to buy groceries so we had something to cook in our kitchenette. My kids loved being there and actually did not want to leave because they loved the staff. A bulb blew in the light above the stove, I immediately went to the front desk and reported it and within minutes, the maintenance man was in my room replacing the bulb. There is not a pool or gym at this hotel, but the cleanliness of the hotel and the service you get from the staff makes up for it, in my opinion. If I ever have family come in from out of town or someone ever asks me where is a good place to stay in Jacksonville, I will only have one response. Extended Stay America, ask for Mrs Sally or Mrs Daisy!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and the staff took great care of you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The place wasn't that bad. It was clean inside with signs of wear and tear of course but overall was okay for the short amount of time we stayed. I don't think I would stay for longer than a couple of days though. The room felt dunngy and the fridge didn't really work. We had plenty of towels though and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I wouldnt choose to use the Landry facility though because the were a little dirt but I could just be very picky.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning refrigerator. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition.

Lexington KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

After an 11.5 hr. drive I arrived here 45 minutes before check-in time. I understood when I was told that my room was not quite ready. I then asked to use a bathroom while I was waiting and was told NO! No public restrooms. I said I was a paying customer (2 rooms for 4 nights each), not just someone off the steet. Still no. After 636 miles I did not want to get back in the car and go to another nasty gas station restroom.I cancelled our reservations and got 2 excellent rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for the same price plus breakfast and I was allowed to use thier bathroom!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Michael,

I recently received a copy of your review of your experience. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Let me apologize again that you were not able to stay with us, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. Thank you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

We unexpectedly had to stay in Jacksonville and the people here were very kind and accommodating. It turn out to be one of the best rooms we have ever had in a hotel. Conviently located to everything. And I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011 via mobile

If you have a pet, then it's a decent place to stay if you must. Guy upstairs had 2 huskies who would gallop back and forth. He only stayed for 2 nights though.

'King suite' is reallt just a big room divided by a low wall (4'). Not exactly the privacy we were looking for while traveling with a kid and a cat. Walking distance to a Walmart.

• Stayed June 2011
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

There is no daily housekeeping which seems to be the norm for this type of accomodation. There are only two sets of all utensils and dishes but no soap or utensils to clean them with so if you are staying for less than a week it is not worth paying for it. I am in a non smoking room but can smell smoke in my room which is worse than the smell of chlorine that my room reeks of when I come back at the end of the day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

There are not many good options in the area, I guess, but the rates are unbelievable. This was a priceline choice after a bid. My biggest complaint that made this stay unacceptable was the smell from the AC unit. The musty/mildew odor coming out of it was foul. There are no screens on the windows, so that means bugs. And this is North Carolina in August, so you need AC. The furniture is old, the bed was marginal, the alarm clock didn't work. The whole property needs to be remodeled. If you must stay in the area, don't choose the Comfort Inn either. If you are stuck for a long visit, try the Affordable Suites down the street. Much better!

Room Tip: go someplace else