“Never going back” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Went there to eat after watching a movie. My husband & I sat at the bar. The bartender/waitress was snobby & service was horrible. I asked the bartender/waitress what kind of seafood was in their seafood soup & she had no clue. I wanted a soup for the cold night but after getting a clueless answer I ended up ordering a salad. As I was about to eat my salad, I saw how disgusting my fork was. There was hard dried up food stuck in my fork. I asked for another one. At that point, I pretty much lost my appetite. On top of that, I had a blue moon beer so I asked the bartender/waitress if I can have a slice of orange to go with it. I watched her go over to the counter (didn't even wash her hands or use a tong) & grabbwd a slice with her fingers & set it on my glass. Now, how in the hell am I going to put that in my glass of beer when your dirty fingers has touched it!!! That just set me off & I will never ever go back! The food is nothing special. I rather go elsewhere.

Little River, South Carolina
“Wish we discovered this place sooner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Good food, family atmosphere and responsive staff make this a great place to eat. We dine here about once per month. Family members gave us a gift card which we waited too long to use since we realized what we had been missing once we came. The ribs are the only thing my wife gets, but there are plenty of other options. My favorite is the shrimp tacos with sweet potato fries.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Matthews, NC
“Needs better wait staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Occassionally we at dine at Bonfire about 3x a month for family time. The atmosphere is nice, the food is always delicious! I love the surf and turf specials! My service on this particular night was PERFECT!. (other nights the service was not terrible! but I'm going to keep this review positive.) Our waiter this time was excellent. He was tall and charming. The gentleman answered all of our questions about the menu, told us about the specials and kept our drinks coming. Our dinner went so smoothly. My family loves Bonfire! we shall be returning!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Depends on what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My second visit here was much better than the first. I was very apprehensive about coming back.

The first time, we had tuna which was dry and bland in taste, and cajun chicken which was watery and again pretty tasteless. The place was empty, and the service was bad.

HOWEVER, my second visit was a little different. Firstly, it was packed to the brim. Service was great, and the server was actually very helpful for me. I had as bogo coupon from the local calendar, so my son and I each had the Bonfire burger (him with fries, me the onion rings). The onion rings were ok at best, fries were good. Burgers were amazing. And huge. Even my teenager struggled to eat the whole thing. Price with coupon for two huge meals, a soda and full tip came to $17. Well worth it! If the food will be that good again, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was rudely asked to leave well before closing time along with about 10 other people. The next day, I discovered they'd run my credit card twice. When I returned and asked for a manager, the bartender rolled her eyes, then turned around to get on her cell phone for 5 minutes before going to get the manager. One week later and my card has still not been sorted out. I will never be going back here.

• Visited November 2013