“Best Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mickey & Mooch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Huntersville
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Service, Huge portion of excellent food. Great location right of 77 in Huntsville. Live Band, great environment. Private room available for large party or special occasion.

Visited February 2013

North Carolina
“Great food but over-priced!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The food was excellent. My hubby and I were very surprised at the portion sizes, you definitely get alot of food! AND the food tasted amazing. I ordered the coconut shrimp entree and it tasted very fresh and well prepared. The size of the shrimp was huge, more on the colassal size. Absolutely delicious. What I found somewhat offensive was the it only came with one side. I love salads and usually with an entree of that price (around $20) it comes with a soup or salad and one side. The choices of sides included a basic salad I wanted a decent salad and had to pay an extra $3 for a nice salad (with croutons, bacon bits, etc.) So my coconut shrimp and salad came to about $23. My husband ordered flounder and chose the side of french fries. Now let me clarify.. those fries were not purchased at Wal-Mart or Target and then deep fried, they were made home-made there and I must say they were the best fries we have ever tasted.. very light and crispy and absolutely melt in your mouth delicous! The portion size of the fries amazed us, it came in a large bowl and could have easily fed 3-4 people, they were very generous with the fries! The atmosphere was pretty nice, nothing real special. The tables had their own candle. I must say it took quite awhile to get some service. We sat at our table a good ten minutes before being served at all, even for drinks, and then once we ordered our drinks it took another ten minutes to get the drink. I also must include that the drinks were VERY pricey. I ordered 2 cosmo's and they came to $19, each $9.50. They were good but expensive. Our waiter was very nice and courteous and accommodating, though it took him awhile to get drinks, etc. It was quite busy and loud too. Our total bill came to $74, my husband ordered 2 bud lights and I ordered 2 cosmo's and we each had an entree, no appetizer. Would we go back? Most certainly! (If you go, definitely make a reservation in advance!)

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newton, North Carolina
“Good food but very rushed meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food we had was great, but throughout the meal we were pushed along like they could not wait to get us out of the restaurant so they could seat the next set of customers. While some customers may enjoy having main courses brought while we're still eating the appetizers, that's fine. I do not. By the same token, they kept making it clear when we were enjoying some conversation at the end of the meal, which we finished in less than an hour thanks to their very rapid, unappreciated service, they kept bustling around our table clearing things that didn't need to be cleared and making it clear they needed us to leave without saying it.

I noted a very poor rating for "special occasions because that's when you want to have some time to enjoy each other's company. This restaurant does not understand the concept of the dining experience. I won't be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went for Queen's Feast/Restaurant Week last night. From the salad (I recommend the bleu cheese dressing) to the filet (done perfectly) to the 7 layer chocolate cake (which I brought home) - everything was delicious.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Service is always first rate. Food quality is very consistent and always good. Have been eating here for years.

Visited January 2013