“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mickey & Mooch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 117 Restaurants in Huntersville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Matthews, North Carolina
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We did not start out to dine here on this night, but this place helped salvage what could have been a bad night. Our server, Grant, went out of his way to see that we were treated right. He did an excellent job. The food was great and delivered promptly. We had the tuna appetizer and it was excellent! We all ate crab cakes in one way or another...steak, lobster, etc. They were very crabby and cooked just right. The steaks were prepared just as we ordered them. Thanks M&M for helping to make my wife's birthday pleasant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huntersville, NC
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very well-run upscale restaurant. Had a great date, will return. Atmoshere is dark and gives you a sense of intimacy. If you are looking for a good steak, this is the place in Huntersville. Good wine list as well.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Great Steak House Dinner at a Bargain Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was first introduced to Mickey & Mooch several years ago when I was still living on Boston and traveling here to NC regularly for work. When I offered to take people from my account out to dinner "they" chose Mickey & Mooch. High praise since I was paying and this was not the most expensive place they could of chosen. Well, They were right. While maybe not as fancy as some upscale Steak Houses. The atmosphere is very nice with a bar area that is rich and inviting. The Steaks are easily as good as most upscale chain Steak Houses at a fraction of the price, especially considering those sides you pay for separately at the chain are included in the price of your steak. It also has a great wine selection which is also very reasonably priced. If you want Steak House quality food at a bargain price; check out Mickey & Mooch

Visited July 2012
Maiden, North Carolina, United States
“The Crowd”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had made reservations several days in advanced yet were still asked to wait when arrived, it took more than a half hour to be seated, that whole time we men had to stand as there was not enough seats for more than our wives, the dining room was entirely too crammed with tables consequently you could hardly move without bumping your neighbor and it was so very loud because of all the people in this one room, our order took about a half hour to be served and my steak was not at all what I ordered, they took it back to the kitchen and did not return with some close to my steak order before my party had finished their meals so now we’ve been here for about 90 minutes I can begin to eat my meal as the rest of my party watched over me.

Visited December 2011
Jupiter, Florida
“Plastic Tableclothes Need to Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Noisy, short staffed, plastic tableclothes.
However, the meals were delicious. Portions generous. Wine is a full 8 oz with many choices and a range of prices.
We recommend the sea bass, salmon, crab cakes, and creamy grits. Yummy.
The giant slice of chocolate cake can be shared. It's very good.
Service is inconsistent and really depends on which server you have. Speak up. Ask for what you want.