“Staff was incredible!” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
“Staff was incredible!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in town to visit a relative and attend a NASCAR race. We had an issue checking in and Rachel at the front desk was absolutely incredible. She went out of her way to accomodate us. She gives new meaning to "exceptional customer service"! Alethia made our stay all the more enjoyable with her sense of humor and down to earth attitude.
We will definately stay here again!

Cliff and Laurie
Nashua, NH

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Worthington, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was in town to take care of a sick family member and decided to stay here for a few days to make room at my relative's house for other family members. There were a lot of issues that came up that could have been very difficult to handle if the staff had not been so wonderful, helpful, and accommodating. One night my son became hysterical because he was supposed to stay at my relative's house while I was at the hotel. I had to bring him to the hotel late at night and was ready to be grilled about this extra person staying in my room when they hadn't been notified. Instead, Rick (night manager?) simply asked if we needed help setting up the pull-out couch for him and told me not to worry about anything. Then there was Althea (another manager). Wonderful lady. I had to extend my stay an extra 3 days. She helped me figure out how to get a good rate while staying in the same room so I wouldn't have to move all of my stuff. She was extremely friendly and took an interest in me as a person, asking about how things were going with my family. I was in a town I'd never been in before, dealing with an extremely stressful situation and it was so nice to feel like someone cared about how I was doing. We also had an issue our last morning where our ride to the airport fell through at the last minute. In less than 5 minutes Althea had procured a ride for us! The cleaning ladies (maids) were also very helpful and quick to get us what we needed. We only had one issue with noisy guests one time and after reporting it to the desk it never happened again. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. I would advise anyone needing a hotel room to stay here. And if you see Althea please tell her Robin from Ohio says hello!

Room Tip: We used Travelocity and got a great rate on the king-sized bedroom with a whirl pool tub.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akron
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on March 24, 2013. We were heading south for a cruise and the traffic was terrible. We stopped just north of Charlotte, North Carolina for the night. All the hotels in the area were quite pricey so we went to this one. The rooms were nice and clean. Restaurants were nearby and there was a Target and other stores across the street. Our son-in-law went over to Target to get a phone adaptor to recharge his phone. When they came back after going to Target it was dark and you cannot go straight to cross the road but the sign was not lit stating that fact. I think you should always be able to go straight through an intersection but when he did there was a police car waiting for him. He explained that he didn't see any sign and we were from out of town. The policeman didn't give him a ticket but if you decide to stay at this Country Suites you should be very careful of the traffic signs near the hotel. The breakfast in the morning was good, our beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet even though we were close to the interstate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Huntersville last week 4-15 through 4-19 for a Housing class I was taking in the hotels conference area. We were very satisified with our room. It was very spacious and I loved having the seperated living and bedroom area. The room was well stocked and comfortable. Housekeeping is definitely doing a wonderful job because my room was spotless and thoroughly cleaned. The towels are big and fluffy. There is good water pressure. The breakfast has a lot to offer, and all the little extras that make you feel like you are at home (especially those amazing belgian waffles with strawberry and whipped cream mmmmm). All the staff I encountered were amazing and friendly. The cookies in the lobby made me smile :-) I was very happy with my room, the property, and all the staff. This hotel was very accomodating to our group and we were all able to relax and focus on our class. Way to go Country Inn and Suites for such First Class Service and Hotel! If Im ever back in Huntersville, this is the first place Im checking in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the property, and the ease of attending your conference at the same location you were staying. Your positive feedback will be passed on to our staff. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

After long 10 hr drive with husband and family we tried to check in to our room that we booked through Expedia. It turned out the there was some kind of "glitch" where our room never got booked even though we had a confirmation number. The staff offered zero help with assisting us with our problem- they simply told us they were booked. At this time, the front desk was dealing with many other disappointed customers as well. Indoor pool was under construction-even though it advertised it as an amenity.

Stayed March 2013
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience that you suffered with your guest room booking at our hotel. We do work closely with third party providers, such as Expedia to ensure that all reservations made through their systems are received by our property. We apologize that your reservation was not available. We missed out on having you as our guest on this trip, but ask that you would give us another chance on your next visit to our area.
Our swimming pool is currently under repair. This is notated on our brand and all other web booking sites so you should have been made aware of this at the time of booking. We are working hard to quickly repair the pool equipment so that we can offer this wonderful amenity for our guests to enjoy.
Thank you for your feedback. We will use this feedback as we continue to improve our guest service and hotel satisfaction ratings.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very welcoming. Room fit our family of 5 perfectly. Be sure to stop at a State welcome center and get the hotel coupon guide for some real savings. Our boys (11, 9 & 7) love the breakfast. Room was clean and the pull out couch made sleeping very comfortable. Close to 77 for easy on and off.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I decided to stay at Country Suites because of a recommendation of a friend. I was very impressed and will stay here again.

I received a warm greeting when I walked in, and was asked when passing the front desk if my room met my approval!

The hotel was very clean, the room was nice, and the sheets smelled so fresh.

I will be in the area in the future on business again and can't wait to stay with Country Suites again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman? Share your experiences!