“Great for the family!” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
“Great for the family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very welcoming. Room fit our family of 5 perfectly. Be sure to stop at a State welcome center and get the hotel coupon guide for some real savings. Our boys (11, 9 & 7) love the breakfast. Room was clean and the pull out couch made sleeping very comfortable. Close to 77 for easy on and off.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I decided to stay at Country Suites because of a recommendation of a friend. I was very impressed and will stay here again.

I received a warm greeting when I walked in, and was asked when passing the front desk if my room met my approval!

The hotel was very clean, the room was nice, and the sheets smelled so fresh.

I will be in the area in the future on business again and can't wait to stay with Country Suites again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent quality for the cost, Clean room & comfortable bed. Water pressure in shower was good.
A/C-heating unit a little loud. Free breakfast was ok. Plenty of options to eat.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night. Location is great, easy access to highway and restaurants. Breakfast is good. They have pancake with many toppings, fruits, yogurt, and waffle. They upgraded my room to the suite room so our room had a separate living room with tv, so there are a total of 2 tv's. The only problem I had was with the noise. My room was on the first floor and on the same side as the lobby and parking lot. I was awaken many times at night with the sound of people slamming car door and dragging their suitcase to check in. I glanced at the clock and it was 3 am! I can also hear the guest next door taking a shower in the morning and when their toilet is flushed. I'm not sure if it's for all rooms or if it's only the first floor. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest you request rooms on the floors above or the ones faces the back of the hotel to minimize noises coming from the parking lot.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The event management team (Vinny) and front dest receptionist (Rachel) were so hospitable and accommodating at this particular location. After a VERY troubling experience at the Holiday Inn Huntersville/Birkdale (don't go here!!!), just down the road, I was in dire need of a banquet room at the very last minute to conduct my makeup class. The Country Inn Suites welcomed me with open arms and their venue was perfect. It was clean, well lit, easy to get to, and they didn't charge me an arm and a leg because they knew I needed a space. The team followed up with my stay and offered me a tour of the location on a future trip. Vinny is a sweetheart and so is Rachel, so if you ever need anything ask for them. They should definitely be considered for promotion for going above and beyond to please the customer. I will be staying here next time I am in the area and will tell everyone about my amazing experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for three nights at the Country Suites in early December. It is a typical suburban hotel by the highway surrounded by soulless suburban sprawl -- Target, Chili's, blah, blah, blah...

Unlike many suite hotels today, the suites are proper two-room suites with a door dividing the bedroom and living area. Unfortunately, the kitchenette is rather undersupplied and does not include any dishes, silverware, etc. Beds are comfortable, but pillows are a bit flat.

Housekeeping could do a better job of being thorough -- our room had a couple of socks in the bedroom and an empty shampoo bottle in the bathroom. The room wasn't dirty, however.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing -- only hot food comes in the form of make-your-own waffles and microwaveable eggs and breakfast sandwiches. Could stand to feel a bit fresher.

Overall this hotel feels tired and worn -- it could use a renovation quite soon. Nevertheless, the staff was very, very friendly, especially Karen in charge of housekeeping, all of the housekeepers and breakfast staff members themselves, as well as the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway could make sleeping a problem for light sleepers. Ask for a room facing the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. As you pointed out, our rooms are true suites, offering a separated bedroom and living room with a full door that shuts.
I have passed your comments on to our management staff and we thank you for the compliments regarding our friendly staff! In 2011, we received a Carlson Presidents Award for ranking in the top ten percentile of all Country Inn and Suites properties for our high guest service scores.
We look forward to hosting you during you next visit to Lake Norman!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

After a long day on the road we came across the Country Inn & Suites in Huntersville NC. We were tired and wanted to get a good night's sleep. We were going to be up and out early the next morning for another long day on the road so we were hoping for a comfy bed. Well...the bed was so comfortable that we slept thru the alarm! Even tho we left an hour later than we wanted to we were grateful for the good night's sleep. As for the hotel, cookies and coffee greeted us at the front desk which were wonderful. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We had a king bed suite which was spacious, clean & nicely decorated. The breakfast in the morning was filled with so many choices, hot & cold. It was probably the best breakfast we had at any of the hotels we stayed at during our 3 week trip. All in all...I will be making a mental note of where this hotel is, so we can visit again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We enjoyed having you as our guest and will look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Huntersville.
I will pass along your comments about our staff so they will know what a great job they are doing!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman? Share your experiences!