Stayed for three nights at the Country Suites in early December. It is a typical suburban hotel by the highway surrounded by soulless suburban sprawl -- Target, Chili's, blah, blah, blah...
Unlike many suite hotels today, the suites are proper two-room suites with a door dividing the bedroom and living area. Unfortunately, the kitchenette is rather undersupplied and does not include any dishes, silverware, etc. Beds are comfortable, but pillows are a bit flat.
Housekeeping could do a better job of being thorough -- our room had a couple of socks in the bedroom and an empty shampoo bottle in the bathroom. The room wasn't dirty, however.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing -- only hot food comes in the form of make-your-own waffles and microwaveable eggs and breakfast sandwiches. Could stand to feel a bit fresher.
Overall this hotel feels tired and worn -- it could use a renovation quite soon. Nevertheless, the staff was very, very friendly, especially Karen in charge of housekeeping, all of the housekeepers and breakfast staff members themselves, as well as the front desk staff.
- Also Known As:
- Country Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman Hotel
- Country Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman Hotel Huntersville
- Country Inn Huntersville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are proud to offer bountiful amenities designed to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable stay. Refuel with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, relax in our indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, reconnect on our complimentary high speed wireless internet, and rest well in a one bedroom suite featuring your choice of a plush king size bed or two queen size beds. Our suites feature additional space in the living room which is separated by a door that shuts. In your suite you will find a refrigerator, microwave and (2) plasma flat screen TVs. Above all, you will enjoy true southern hospitality through our staff’s willingness to ensure your stay is remarkable. Enjoy all our region has to offer, with easy access to Charlotte, Birkdale Shopping and Golf Course, Huntersville Aquatic Center, Bradford Park, Historic Latta Plantation, and beautiful Lake Norman. For a comfortable and rewarding stay, we invite you to reserve your group at the Country Suites Lake Norman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Stentorian NV, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.