We visited the Charlotte area in connection with the family weekend at Davidson College. I believe we were also competing with an area car show, so the hotels in the area were all busy. We tried this particular hotel for the first time, although we had stayed at other Country Suites hotels in the past.
The Country Suites chain has, as the name and photos suggest, a country inn feel, with a wood lobby and country style room decor. The staff was friendly and our room was comfortable. The rooms are more than a single room, but maybe a little less than a suite. There is a bedroom area (we had a king bed) and a kind of half wall that divided it from the living room area, which had a sofa bed. We appreciated having the sofa bed, although space was a little tight when we made it into a bed.
When we arrived, they inadvertently gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned, but with a phone call they quickly gave us another room that was probably a little better than the first. They have a decent complimentary breakfast. It's mostly Continental style (muffins, bagels, cereal), but they also had a simple to operate waffle maker if you want to make your own. The wi-fi was included in the price and worked just fine.
- Also Known As:
- Country Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman Hotel
- Country Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman Hotel Huntersville
- Country Inn Huntersville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are proud to offer bountiful amenities designed to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable stay. Refuel with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, relax in our indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, reconnect on our complimentary high speed wireless internet, and rest well in a one bedroom suite featuring your choice of a plush king size bed or two queen size beds. Our suites feature additional space in the living room which is separated by a door that shuts. In your suite you will find a refrigerator, microwave and (2) plasma flat screen TVs. Above all, you will enjoy true southern hospitality through our staff’s willingness to ensure your stay is remarkable. Enjoy all our region has to offer, with easy access to Charlotte, Birkdale Shopping and Golf Course, Huntersville Aquatic Center, Bradford Park, Historic Latta Plantation, and beautiful Lake Norman. For a comfortable and rewarding stay, we invite you to reserve your group at the Country Suites Lake Norman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Country Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.