“The Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We attended a wedding last weekend staying at the Country Suites of Lake Norman. The staff was wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was really clean like no one else had stayed there before us and very comfortable. I recommend this hotel to all. Thank you to the staff for a great stay. Oh and the breakfast selection was really good from fresh fruit to waffles with fresh pecans.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel has some of the friendliest employees I have ever met. They are very quick to offer help and suggestions for the surrounding location. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The free breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. They have a lot of items to choose from and are quick to keep things stocked and clean. We had a very pleasant stay here and will probably make this our hotel of choice while visiting family members in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had the most awesome family weekend. The hotel very clean. Staff was so pleasant and they couldn't do enough for you to make your stay enjoyable. Jane Blackwell, District Director of Sales assisted us in the morning with the printing of our boarding passes as we couldn't get the printer in the business office to cooperate! The complimentary breakfast is very adequate-many choices to fill your belly! Very convenient to shopping. Fresh cookies and coffee almost always available. I would highly recommend staying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Lake Norman this past weekend visiting with family looking for a home in the area. They chose the hotel, having stayed here before. I think we were there on a tough weekend for the hotel, which brings this review and our overall experience down.

We pulled up and found a full parking lot and saw dozens of people in red shirts spilling out of the lobby and into the area outside the entrance. it was packed. Apparently there was a large family reunion taking place there that weekend. We had kids running and bumping into us and it was overall very loud in the lobby. The noise continued, as did the cars parked taking up multiple spots and the general feeling that this reunion had taken up the entire hotel. Luckily we did have a suite which insulated us from the noise a bit. To Carlson's credit, they did respond immediately to my survey and comments so I am happy about that. Once the group left on our last day it was very quiet and we didn't have to fight crowds for breakfast and I assume that is what the hotel is like most days. I just feel that they should deal with groups better. I had my wedding guests at an upscale NY hotel and we had very strict rules in the contract regarding groups and that our group could not disturb other guests.

Overall, though, I really thought the hotel was nice. The lobby and rooms were very comfortable. I felt immediately comfortable and at home in the bedroom and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job keeping everything nice. The breakfast was good with yogurt fruit, cereal, belgian waffles and toaster french toast among other goodies. Once the group was gone, we were able t0o enjoy delicious cookies in the lobby. The staff was really nice and very friendly. I would stay there again because i feel the issues with the group were an anomaly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cooper City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a family function in North Carolina near Lake Norman so we booked into this hotel as we often stay at Country Inn Suites in Florida. I booked a Queen Suite for 2 nights. I thought the price seemed high for the time of year, but booked anyway. I received my conformation and was still bothered by the price so I started checking other sites and sure enough found a much lower price through Hotwire. Country Inn Suites online booking promises to beat any price you find lower then their own site by 15% if you contact them within 24 hours of booking. I emailed them the information and they totally honored my lower price and adjusted my rate. It was well worth the time to check rates.

The hotel itself is in good shape. The lobby is attractive and they kept restocking the free cookies and coffee. The room was nice with a separate bedroom from the TV area with a closeable door. The free breakfast is more then adequate but no hot food was served. They did have make your own waffles with whipped cream and strawberries as well as microwaveable bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. The free Wifi worked well and parking was easy.

The pool area was off the breakfast room and looked nice but we never went in. They also had a business center ,where we were able to print out our boarding passes. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive. We had a small problem with a drain in the bathroom and it was fixed very quickly with little disruption. All in all our stay was pleasant and if we are back in the area we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Check prices and request a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our hotel! We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest and hope that you will stay with us during your next trip to the Lake Norman area.

I would like to assure you that per our brand standards, any rate that you find through an online 3rd party site will also be offered on our brand website. Book with confidence on countryinns.com. With our Best Rates Guarantee you can book any hotel on countryinns.com with no booking fees and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web - guaranteed. If you find a lower rate somewhere else online, alert us and we will honor the lower rate and even discount it further by 25%!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've stayed at several Country Inns & Suites (in multiple states) since October of 2007, and I have to say that this was one of THE BEST trips for me. I recently had to travel to New Jersey to take care of my 97 year old mother-in-law, and I stayed in both Roanoke, VA (North bound) and Lake Norman, NC (South bound) on the way to and from Georgia to New Jersey (and back). Both the staff and the accommodations in both cities were beyond my expectations. The staff at both locations provided me with all kinds of information and directions to different restaurants and nearby attractions, and made sure that my stay was excellent. Kudos to everyone in both locations, and I look forward to staying with you again!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We live in Huntersville. We stayed at the Country Suites last night because our air conditioner was shut down for the evening for repairs. The accommodations could not have been better. The suites are well furnished and attractive. The staff was professional and cheerful. The continental breakfast was much better than average.

The hotel is conveniently located at Exit 25 on I-77, about ten miles north of Charlotte. There are several full service restaurants within the complex that guests can easily walk to, including a Chili's and a Melting Pot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman? Share your experiences!