“Clean and Comfortable Near Lake Norman” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
New York City, New York
“Clean and Comfortable Near Lake Norman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Lake Norman this past weekend visiting with family looking for a home in the area. They chose the hotel, having stayed here before. I think we were there on a tough weekend for the hotel, which brings this review and our overall experience down.

We pulled up and found a full parking lot and saw dozens of people in red shirts spilling out of the lobby and into the area outside the entrance. it was packed. Apparently there was a large family reunion taking place there that weekend. We had kids running and bumping into us and it was overall very loud in the lobby. The noise continued, as did the cars parked taking up multiple spots and the general feeling that this reunion had taken up the entire hotel. Luckily we did have a suite which insulated us from the noise a bit. To Carlson's credit, they did respond immediately to my survey and comments so I am happy about that. Once the group left on our last day it was very quiet and we didn't have to fight crowds for breakfast and I assume that is what the hotel is like most days. I just feel that they should deal with groups better. I had my wedding guests at an upscale NY hotel and we had very strict rules in the contract regarding groups and that our group could not disturb other guests.

Overall, though, I really thought the hotel was nice. The lobby and rooms were very comfortable. I felt immediately comfortable and at home in the bedroom and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job keeping everything nice. The breakfast was good with yogurt fruit, cereal, belgian waffles and toaster french toast among other goodies. Once the group was gone, we were able t0o enjoy delicious cookies in the lobby. The staff was really nice and very friendly. I would stay there again because i feel the issues with the group were an anomaly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cooper City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a family function in North Carolina near Lake Norman so we booked into this hotel as we often stay at Country Inn Suites in Florida. I booked a Queen Suite for 2 nights. I thought the price seemed high for the time of year, but booked anyway. I received my conformation and was still bothered by the price so I started checking other sites and sure enough found a much lower price through Hotwire. Country Inn Suites online booking promises to beat any price you find lower then their own site by 15% if you contact them within 24 hours of booking. I emailed them the information and they totally honored my lower price and adjusted my rate. It was well worth the time to check rates.

The hotel itself is in good shape. The lobby is attractive and they kept restocking the free cookies and coffee. The room was nice with a separate bedroom from the TV area with a closeable door. The free breakfast is more then adequate but no hot food was served. They did have make your own waffles with whipped cream and strawberries as well as microwaveable bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. The free Wifi worked well and parking was easy.

The pool area was off the breakfast room and looked nice but we never went in. They also had a business center ,where we were able to print out our boarding passes. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive. We had a small problem with a drain in the bathroom and it was fixed very quickly with little disruption. All in all our stay was pleasant and if we are back in the area we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Check prices and request a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our hotel! We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest and hope that you will stay with us during your next trip to the Lake Norman area.

I would like to assure you that per our brand standards, any rate that you find through an online 3rd party site will also be offered on our brand website. Book with confidence on countryinns.com. With our Best Rates Guarantee you can book any hotel on countryinns.com with no booking fees and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web - guaranteed. If you find a lower rate somewhere else online, alert us and we will honor the lower rate and even discount it further by 25%!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've stayed at several Country Inns & Suites (in multiple states) since October of 2007, and I have to say that this was one of THE BEST trips for me. I recently had to travel to New Jersey to take care of my 97 year old mother-in-law, and I stayed in both Roanoke, VA (North bound) and Lake Norman, NC (South bound) on the way to and from Georgia to New Jersey (and back). Both the staff and the accommodations in both cities were beyond my expectations. The staff at both locations provided me with all kinds of information and directions to different restaurants and nearby attractions, and made sure that my stay was excellent. Kudos to everyone in both locations, and I look forward to staying with you again!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We live in Huntersville. We stayed at the Country Suites last night because our air conditioner was shut down for the evening for repairs. The accommodations could not have been better. The suites are well furnished and attractive. The staff was professional and cheerful. The continental breakfast was much better than average.

The hotel is conveniently located at Exit 25 on I-77, about ten miles north of Charlotte. There are several full service restaurants within the complex that guests can easily walk to, including a Chili's and a Melting Pot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We always stay at Country Inns because they are one of the few hotels that can accommodate six people in one room. In addition, they have in door pools, which means you can have fun even in the winter and when the weather is rainy. But to this specific trip and hotel. We were traveling and our van was running hot to the point that we had to get it repaired. We contacted them before we even got to the hotel and they were able to direct us to a couple of shops next to the hotel. Due to the time we got in, none of the repair shops were open and I had to take the van to the repair shop first thing in the morning. As expected, the repairs took much longer than expected. The staff at Country Suites was extremely accommodating and allowed us to stay up until 4 PM in the room until they said they would have to charge us a 1/2 day or we could pay for a full day and spend one more night. In addition, they offered to shuttle me back to the auto repair shop when the van was fixed. It was very nice to be treated kindly when we were in a bad situation and really did not want to pay for an additional nights stay. The room was clean and nice. Nothing was broken and no funny smells. A+++ in my book.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
denver nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I purchased the Romance Package through this Hotel. It included a $50 Dinner voucher to The Melting Pot (just steps away from the hotel), a dozen handmade chocolates from a local candy store, and a nice bottle of champagne.Then of course one nights stay in a king jacuzzi suite. This was an anniversary gift to my husband and one of the best anniversaries we have EVER had!! The staff here was very friendly and had great communication with reserving our dinner reservations as soon as I booked. The hotel was very beautiful and clean. I had one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time due to the wonderful king bed and soft plush pillows. We WILL stay here again. I highly recommend the Romance Package! It was money well spent!

Room Tip: Choose the Romance Package!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a great place to stay. It is clean, and friendly and the breakfast is nice. The rooms are well thoughtout, clean and the bathroom had a great shower with HOT water. What is also nice is that there are plenty of places to eat close by OTHER than just fast food. Huntersville is an upscale burb of Charlotte so you don't have to worry about your car, etc. The pool and Jaccuzzi were very nice and very clean as well. Safe trip!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman? Share your experiences!