Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant hotel to stay in. The staff was super nice and friendly. Lobby area and rooms are very clean. Always saw someone mopping and dusting. Breakfast was free and saved my family time because we did not have to stop. And my kids loved the outdoor pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bestwestern34169, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
tinkerbell19747 Thank you for taking the time to review us. I know how important it is to be able to relax after such a long drive, so I'm really pleased that you found us so comfortable and clean and could take advantage of some of our other amenities as well. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Huntersville!

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Geismar, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

At the front desk Terry and Janet were very helpful in my stay at the hotel. Rooms are very clean and nice. Breakfast has hot and cold items. Outdoor pool is refreshing after long day at work. Location is perfect right off I77 and close to food places. Rooms have nice flat screen TV's and comfortable beds. Staff is very nice and housekeeeping does a great job in cleaning the rooms. Will also stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: all ways book early
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dutchtownboy The Best Western Huntersville North Carolina is committed to providing you and all guest with the best service possible. We make it our mission that all our guest get the best level of service that you have come to expect and deserve. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay. And we look forward to getting the opportunity to serve you again next time you are in our area.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A very basic hotel with limited facilities. The bed was super soft and lumpy so it did take some time to drop off to sleep. Woken up at 03.20 by the fire alarm, evacuated the hotel no sign of a fire and no sign either of any staff checking on the guests. Back to bed at 04.00 then a repeat performance at 05.20!
Gave up on sleep and tried breakfast. Very limited supplies in a ridiculously small era next to reception. Glad to check out and leave, will not be returning.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
bestwestern34169, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Phil H My sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent visit with us. We wish that the fire alarm had not sounded off it was not operating and we had it repaired as quickly as we possible. Please be assured that we had taken care of this issues. If you visit Huntersville again please stop by and give us another chance this is something that does not happen often.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm not sure what makes this a Best Western "Plus". It hasn't been updated at all. Rooms were adequate, furniture looked old but TV was new. Tiny bathrooms without even a spot to put your soap/shampoo in the shower. You have not prop your things on the edge of the tub, down at shin level. Breakfast was a typical continental breakfast from 20 years ago. Mini muffins, little powdered doughnuts, plain breads. I think this chain is supposed to be the equivalent of a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express, but it's not. They did have free wi-fi. The location was convenient to the highway. It is pet-friendly - which is fine if you're bringing a pet, but as someone who is not, I don't want to stay in a room that previously housed a pet, nor do I want to hear sad dogs howling next door. For some reason, they had me down for a smoking room, but fortunately, when I was checking in, he confirmed that with me and they had a non-smoking room to move me to. Fast check-in and check-out. Did have a decent-sized fridge and a microwave in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
aag926 I'm concerned about your stay at our hotel during your recent visit to Best Western Plus Huntersville NC. I'm writing to say thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was very relieved that this hotel had inside corridors. I visit a friend here often and the last hotel I stayed at in the area had outside corridors which did not make me feel safe coming back to the room at night. Rooms were clean and staff was accommodating. The driveway to the hotel is a steep hill which may be difficult for larger vehicles.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is quieter...front faces highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
bestwestern34169, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
marlindrak Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us! It means a lot to our staff to know that we are providing our guests with what they want in a lodging choice. We want all of our guest to have a safe feeling when they are away from home and we are glad that you found the perfect location. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

There is really nothing above average about this hotel. The staff was nice enough, rooms were clean. But beyond that everything else felt a little dated. Only about half of the hot breakfast was even edible. Doubtful I will return to the hotel. But I have stayed in worse places

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Neolithe On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Checked in and was NOT advised at that time there were no clean towels available. Found out upon bringing in my luggage and was advised when I contacted the front desk there was an issue with the laundry drainage on sight. So, no immediate shower. I would not have checked in knowing this. Towels were later provided that evening as I walked in after returning from dinner in Charlotte. Paul, the person who checked us in, saw me enter the hotel and immediately brought several towels to my room. Hotel is clean, but rooms are not of Plus standards from other BW I have stayed.

Like other hotels, noises from adjoining rooms are easily heard. Running water, toilets flushing, slamming doors from the interior hallway are what I experienced during my stay.

Hotel is few miles from Charlotte, which was not a problem. However, during early morning and evening rush hours, don't take the highway, it is bumper to bumper in this area.

The breakfast made available at this BW was the standard fare for a comp meal, I passed on it. Waffle House is a short walk up the street and much better.

I would stay here again because it is located in a good area outside of Charlotte. Safe, with easy access to the interstate.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to lessen the chace of heavy walkers when staying of the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hdslam our sincere apologies for the washer breaking down while you were visiting us. We wish that this would not have happened and we had it repaired as quickly as we possible.

We are happy that you will choose to stay with us again. And we look forward to serving you in the future.

Terry Douglas

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman? Share your experiences!