“Great little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Destin, FL
“Great little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Great hotel...great location, easy access to the interstate. Kitchen was alittle dated but appliances were good. Staff was super helpful and the amenities were great (gym, laundry, checkout cupboard, and pantry). Wasn't the best Candlewood Suites but perfect for a weekend trip.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
therese h, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, your comments are greatly appreciated.
I am glad to hear that we met your expectations. The hotel is working towards replacing sleeper sofas and recliners in all rooms, and making changes across the board so that we can not only meet a guest's expectations but exceed them every time a guest stays with us. Thank you again for the comments, they will help the hotel to move forward and improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

We had driven from Chattanooga (that hotel could learn a few things from this one). The reception was very polite and friendly. The room was very clean (thank you Sandra). This was our last night in USA after two weeks. We have stayed in a variety of hotels and this is definitely up there with the best. It's in a lovely neighbourhood too. Thank you.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review - we sincerely appreciate the kind words and are excited to hear that we not only met but exceeded your expectations while at the hotel. Thank you for the "shoutout" for Sandra, you can be assured she will be recognized for a job well done.
Therese Henderson
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We have stayed here several times and it has always been great. Rooms are clean and the people at the front desk are always very helpful. We come to this area several times a year and always stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, September 5, 2014

Dear Josieohio,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent stay experience with us. We are so please you found everything up to your standards and the room was clean and our team made you feel so welcome. After all we are your home away from home. Thank you for staying with us in the past and we look forward to your next visit. Have an amazing day!

Brett Hicks
Director of Sales
East Windsor, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

If I could give this "hotel" less than 1 star I would! Upon arriving at the hotel, at 6pm, there was no one at the front desk to welcome me. I had to dial 0 on the "lobby" phone and request that someone help me at the front desk. Once I checked in, I entered my room to find a full kitchen, tv, dvd player, queen bed, and bathroom. While the room did offer these amenities, there were stains on the ceiling and on the toilet seat. There were hairs on the bathroom counter and in the shower. It was appalling. Since I had just finished driving for 12 hours, I decided to suck it up and stay because I didn't have the energy to complain. I learned that if you pay under $100 for a hotel room, it's probably not worth it...this hotel is not worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your experience while staying with us. As you might be able to tell from our reviews overall we are on the right path but do still have some work to do. First, I apologize there was no one to greet you upon arrival. When there is only one person on staff, there are times we need to step away from the front desk and that is why we have the sign and the ability to call in place. I am please you found the amenities in our room to your liking, but was very disappointed to hear about the condition you found the room in. In the future I might suggest reaching out to the front desk if you do not find everything to your liking in any room, they can usually get you situated in another room before you get settled. We never look at that as complaining, just doing our best to accommodate you.

Prior to working in the industry and now working in it, I have traveled a lot and stayed in a lot of different rooms, some good, some not so good. I would not say you have to pay more than $100 for value. I have stayed in my share of $300 plus a night rooms that have issues as well. Please believe me when I say you did not get the standard experience at our property. If there is anything I can do for you please reach out to me directly anytime.

Again, I apologize for your experience, but I really do appreciate you bringing it to our attention so we can continue to move down the path of improvement.

Have a wonderful day!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is almost new. it was very nice value for the money. It was clean also. Nice quiet location. Staff was very nice. there is free coffee but no breakfast. I would stay here again. There is some shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2014
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Brenda B,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased you found the hotel comfortable, clean, quiet and valuable. Our team works really hard at making our guests stay the best they can be. I am glad you were able to enjoy the coffee! Also, I hope you noticed the Candlewood Cupboard, there are breakfast options there. Currently our brand standards does not permit us to offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I am so happy you would choose to stay with us again and we hope you visit our area again soon. The shopping is great! My wife and I live in Birkdale and we love the shopping in the Village as well. Thank you again for your time and comments. Have a wonderful day!
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Love having separate bedroom and living space. Only drawback...no free breakfast! Given a close proximity of 2 suites hotels 1 w/ and Candlewood I'd choose 1 w/ breakfast. Comfortable bed, couch fabric was slippery and no conditioner in shower.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear DrjGa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am so happy you found the one-bedroom suite spacious and to your satisfaction! I also, understand your point regarding the breakfast, but let's face it you do pay for that amenity it is just built into your rate. Part of the Candlewood Suites brand standards is that we do not offer a standard breakfast at this time, but we do have breakfast options through the Candlewood Cupboard, our on site convenience store. I have found that the cost savings realized from staying at a Candlewood versus another property that serves breakfast allows me to have more options for my breakfast and usually keeps a few dollars in my pocket. I am so glad you found the bed comfortable! I apologize you found the couch sippery, I am not sure what would make the fabric feel that way but we are in the process of replacing some of these. Also, with regard to the conditioner, I have checked with our housekeeping and the type of product we use has the shampoo and conditioner mixed in the same bottle. I hope I have addressed some of your concerns and I hope if you travel to our area again you will consider us as an option even with our different take on breakfast. After all if you are like me, I am more comfortable with saving money than spending it. Thank you again!
Lewisburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I would stay at this hotel over and over. The staff was exceptional. The rooms clean. Stayed going and coming from Florida. Will stay again in Feb and April. Mattress could have been more comfortable but linens were nice and towels were nice. I am used to a pillow top mattress so it felt hard for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Carriebell,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team works diligently to provide the same type of stay you had to each of our guests. I am so pleased you found the mattress, linens and pillows up to par with your approval. We are truly excited about seeing you come back in February and April. Please stop in and see me when you come back, I am the sales director and I always love to place a face with a name of one of our guest. We will work hard to continually exceed your expectations. Thank you again for choosing our Candlewood Suites as your home away from home!

Been to Candlewood Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!