“Don't Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
East Windsor, Connecticut
“Don't Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If I could give this "hotel" less than 1 star I would! Upon arriving at the hotel, at 6pm, there was no one at the front desk to welcome me. I had to dial 0 on the "lobby" phone and request that someone help me at the front desk. Once I checked in, I entered my room to find a full kitchen, tv, dvd player, queen bed, and bathroom. While the room did offer these amenities, there were stains on the ceiling and on the toilet seat. There were hairs on the bathroom counter and in the shower. It was appalling. Since I had just finished driving for 12 hours, I decided to suck it up and stay because I didn't have the energy to complain. I learned that if you pay under $100 for a hotel room, it's probably not worth it...this hotel is not worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is almost new. it was very nice value for the money. It was clean also. Nice quiet location. Staff was very nice. there is free coffee but no breakfast. I would stay here again. There is some shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2014
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Brenda B,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased you found the hotel comfortable, clean, quiet and valuable. Our team works really hard at making our guests stay the best they can be. I am glad you were able to enjoy the coffee! Also, I hope you noticed the Candlewood Cupboard, there are breakfast options there. Currently our brand standards does not permit us to offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I am so happy you would choose to stay with us again and we hope you visit our area again soon. The shopping is great! My wife and I live in Birkdale and we love the shopping in the Village as well. Thank you again for your time and comments. Have a wonderful day!
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Love having separate bedroom and living space. Only drawback...no free breakfast! Given a close proximity of 2 suites hotels 1 w/ and Candlewood I'd choose 1 w/ breakfast. Comfortable bed, couch fabric was slippery and no conditioner in shower.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear DrjGa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am so happy you found the one-bedroom suite spacious and to your satisfaction! I also, understand your point regarding the breakfast, but let's face it you do pay for that amenity it is just built into your rate. Part of the Candlewood Suites brand standards is that we do not offer a standard breakfast at this time, but we do have breakfast options through the Candlewood Cupboard, our on site convenience store. I have found that the cost savings realized from staying at a Candlewood versus another property that serves breakfast allows me to have more options for my breakfast and usually keeps a few dollars in my pocket. I am so glad you found the bed comfortable! I apologize you found the couch sippery, I am not sure what would make the fabric feel that way but we are in the process of replacing some of these. Also, with regard to the conditioner, I have checked with our housekeeping and the type of product we use has the shampoo and conditioner mixed in the same bottle. I hope I have addressed some of your concerns and I hope if you travel to our area again you will consider us as an option even with our different take on breakfast. After all if you are like me, I am more comfortable with saving money than spending it. Thank you again!
Lewisburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I would stay at this hotel over and over. The staff was exceptional. The rooms clean. Stayed going and coming from Florida. Will stay again in Feb and April. Mattress could have been more comfortable but linens were nice and towels were nice. I am used to a pillow top mattress so it felt hard for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Carriebell,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team works diligently to provide the same type of stay you had to each of our guests. I am so pleased you found the mattress, linens and pillows up to par with your approval. We are truly excited about seeing you come back in February and April. Please stop in and see me when you come back, I am the sales director and I always love to place a face with a name of one of our guest. We will work hard to continually exceed your expectations. Thank you again for choosing our Candlewood Suites as your home away from home!
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel is falling apart. It appears to have had no maintenance for several years. Damaged doors, appliance problems, leaking faucets, sofa bed was the cheapest quality bed possible and was broken as well. Even children couldn't sleep on it. Everything was wrong with this stay. Had to change rooms because of so many problems and then the hotel double billed me and never corrected the charges after they were advised about it. I have now had to reject the charges through my credit card company to resolve the problems. I only gave them one star because zero stars was not an option. Do yourself a favour, stay at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
bah10206, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Richard P:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I hate that your experience was not up to the level of service we always strive to provide to each of our guests. I always encourage our guest to provide us with feedback good or bad, it all provides us an opportunity to redefine or enhance our service. I actually was the staff member that met with you in your room to look at the issues and I must agree that room you were in was not one that should have been available to guests in its current conditions. However, upon meeting with you I did move you to a room of the same type and provided you with some complimentary items and complimentary passes to our cupboard. Also, at the time we changed your rooms I had asked if the new room met with your approval and your response to me was yes, with the exception of the refrigerator door, which opened away from the wall rather than toward the wall. While I do feel your initial review of our overall property is a little harsh, I completely understand how frustrating things were for you. That is why I personally did everything in my means to make you more comfortable and based on our conversation you left me with the impression this had been achieved.
Regarding your billing issue, I apologize for any inconvenience I was not made aware of this issue until I read your review. Please allow me to assure you there has never been an issue relating to billing that we have not corrected immediately from our end when it has been brought to our attention and was a result of an error on our part. However, billing mistakes do occur in every business everywhere. I myself have been subject to billing mistakes so I can appreciate the frustration you were going through.
During our conversation I had stated to you that we did have a new team on site and I was part of that new team and we were doing everything possible to basically “re-brand” our property and provide the best customer service level possible. If you are in our area again I hope you choose to provide us another opportunity to service you. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future and I will do all I can to assist you, lkncandlewoodsales@gmail.com
Conway, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on this property, I had great expectations. I was disappointed. I was glad I had my husband with me as I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying here alone. The front desk folks were nice enough. As soon as the elevator opened to our floor the smoke smell was quite evident. In our none smoking room I had to open the window because the smoke smell was so bad. The rooms were ok. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows bad enough that I went and bought a pillow. Towels were nice and kitchen ok. The carpet wasn't bad but I did find dog hair on a shirt I'd left in the floor. The laminate flooring was old and worn. On Saturday morning at 2am the party was still going strong a few doors down and there was running in the halls. The property did have what appeared to be a nice gym and washing machines/dryers were available for free. I realize this is an extended stay property but the folks hanging out in the hallway and number of pets I saw were unexpected. I guess this property is a good value though I have stayed in the sleep inn next door and it was nicer, cheaper and included breakfast. My son lives in huntersville so while I will be back in the area I will not stay here again

• Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Kim M,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate you compliments regarding our front desk staff and towels nice. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Decent price, good location & well appointed room. Towels softer than normal for the room price. Large fridge, a stove, microwave, dishwasher and dishes. No free breakfast but we were able to prepare breakfast in the room. Quiet room location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Ponchy6567,

Thank you for choosing our Candlewood Suites as "Your home away from home" I was very excited to hear the positive feedback about your stay. I apologize for the delay in responded, we have implemented new procedures to great shorten our response time. We truly appreciate all feedback and are especially pleased when our guests experience is great! Our property team works really diligently to make sure every experience is unique and wonderful. So thank you again for your feedback and welcome to the Candlewood Suites Family!

Been to Candlewood Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!