“Do Not Stay at this hotel !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Hong Kong, China
“Do Not Stay at this hotel !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel is falling apart. It appears to have had no maintenance for several years. Damaged doors, appliance problems, leaking faucets, sofa bed was the cheapest quality bed possible and was broken as well. Even children couldn't sleep on it. Everything was wrong with this stay. Had to change rooms because of so many problems and then the hotel double billed me and never corrected the charges after they were advised about it. I have now had to reject the charges through my credit card company to resolve the problems. I only gave them one star because zero stars was not an option. Do yourself a favour, stay at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
bah10206, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Richard P:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I hate that your experience was not up to the level of service we always strive to provide to each of our guests. I always encourage our guest to provide us with feedback good or bad, it all provides us an opportunity to redefine or enhance our service. I actually was the staff member that met with you in your room to look at the issues and I must agree that room you were in was not one that should have been available to guests in its current conditions. However, upon meeting with you I did move you to a room of the same type and provided you with some complimentary items and complimentary passes to our cupboard. Also, at the time we changed your rooms I had asked if the new room met with your approval and your response to me was yes, with the exception of the refrigerator door, which opened away from the wall rather than toward the wall. While I do feel your initial review of our overall property is a little harsh, I completely understand how frustrating things were for you. That is why I personally did everything in my means to make you more comfortable and based on our conversation you left me with the impression this had been achieved.
Regarding your billing issue, I apologize for any inconvenience I was not made aware of this issue until I read your review. Please allow me to assure you there has never been an issue relating to billing that we have not corrected immediately from our end when it has been brought to our attention and was a result of an error on our part. However, billing mistakes do occur in every business everywhere. I myself have been subject to billing mistakes so I can appreciate the frustration you were going through.
During our conversation I had stated to you that we did have a new team on site and I was part of that new team and we were doing everything possible to basically “re-brand” our property and provide the best customer service level possible. If you are in our area again I hope you choose to provide us another opportunity to service you. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future and I will do all I can to assist you, lkncandlewoodsales@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Conway, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on this property, I had great expectations. I was disappointed. I was glad I had my husband with me as I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying here alone. The front desk folks were nice enough. As soon as the elevator opened to our floor the smoke smell was quite evident. In our none smoking room I had to open the window because the smoke smell was so bad. The rooms were ok. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows bad enough that I went and bought a pillow. Towels were nice and kitchen ok. The carpet wasn't bad but I did find dog hair on a shirt I'd left in the floor. The laminate flooring was old and worn. On Saturday morning at 2am the party was still going strong a few doors down and there was running in the halls. The property did have what appeared to be a nice gym and washing machines/dryers were available for free. I realize this is an extended stay property but the folks hanging out in the hallway and number of pets I saw were unexpected. I guess this property is a good value though I have stayed in the sleep inn next door and it was nicer, cheaper and included breakfast. My son lives in huntersville so while I will be back in the area I will not stay here again

• Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Kim M,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate you compliments regarding our front desk staff and towels nice. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Decent price, good location & well appointed room. Towels softer than normal for the room price. Large fridge, a stove, microwave, dishwasher and dishes. No free breakfast but we were able to prepare breakfast in the room. Quiet room location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Ponchy6567,

Thank you for choosing our Candlewood Suites as "Your home away from home" I was very excited to hear the positive feedback about your stay. I apologize for the delay in responded, we have implemented new procedures to great shorten our response time. We truly appreciate all feedback and are especially pleased when our guests experience is great! Our property team works really diligently to make sure every experience is unique and wonderful. So thank you again for your feedback and welcome to the Candlewood Suites Family!
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I want to preface this review stating the fact that this is my first "extended stay in a hotel". We were there 16 while our house was finished. Like most extended stays there is not lobby to speak of. When we checked in we were put in a room that had a horrible moth ball type smell. We were than switched to the 3rd floor which had a strong smell of smoke in the hall way when it is supposed to be a smoke free floor. The suites are small and not updated, this gives a general feel of uncleanliness even if the rooms may be clean. My wife and kids all developed alergies while in the hotel and were constantly stuffy. It dissapeared the day after we left. I think i did not have problems due to how much time I spend in hotels. There is a pull out bed and separate bedroom, microwave, dishwasher, and two flat screen TV's.
There is only once per week service and I was given no direction on how to get new towels and what to do with accumulating trash. It appeared nobody else knew either because trash was set in the hall way and stuffed in the stair wells (which i frequented to let our dog out). I finally found out that you took the trash to the office (Really?) and you got towels from the office, but only one for one on what you brought down.
A good thing is that they provide free use of washers and dryers and have a small reasonably priced snack room that is on the honor system. They also have free coffee. I realize that most of the clientelle at the hotel seemed to be out of town construction or utility contractors by the presence of a sea of white pick-ups in the parking lot. Tatiana was nice and helpful.
The hotel is in a pretty good area with easy access to several restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Brianm99,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

not much here, old & tired rooms. Fitness center rundown. Rooms had furniture soo old i thought i was stuck in the 80's. Elevator extremely slow. Friendly checkin and checkout. Heavy traffic area, if you are using I-77 better leave very early.

• Stayed August 2013
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much Bigmook!

We appreciate you choosing the Candlewood Suites Huntersville for your previous stay in Huntersville, NC. I'm sorry that we dropped the ball and did not live up to expectations, and that is disappointing! Management agrees with you; our rooms are in need of a few upgrades! I'm proud to say this fall we are implementing a new bedding package; including bed skirts, comforters, pillows, and sheets! The whole package! Also, our furniture is getting a facelift too! New desk chairs and new table chairs have been ordered to coordinate with our new bedding package! We are very excited for these new arrivals this Fall 2013! Future projects will include but are not limited to, updating all our appliances in 2014/2015!

Again, thank you for your honest and valued opinion. It is because of courageous guests such as you, who give us the support to propose for new upgrades! I hope you give us an opportunity to change your opinion again this spring!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Mandi Jordan
Director of Sales
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

From the minute I entered this hotel, I knew it was a mistake
When I asked why the clerk needed my credit card, she responded that it was needed to cover the room damages...I am a senior citizen whose wild party days ended 40 years ago. Very insulting

The bath tub had black hair in it, I am blond.
Floor was not vacuumed

Room Tip: Good rooms are not here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Mrs. Petruchka,

Thank you for your review of our property! I apologize for the lack in accommodations that you found during your stay. We appreciate your honest review, and empathize with you in regards to the insult that you felt upon check in. Unfortunately, our front desk agent mis-spoke. The credit card to put on file is for incidental charges that you may accumulate during your stay. This can be for any number of things ranging from snacks and drinks from our Candlewood Cupboard to items you may want to purchase from us upon departure (I.E. Our soft pillows, duvet, dishes, pots and pans, etc). Since many of the items are provided on our Candlewood Honor System, we do ask for a credit card to put on file for any incidentals. While I fully believe that you are a trustworthy and honorable guest, we must uphold the same policies and procedures for everyone to ensure equal treatment. To keep from any instances of discrimination, we ask our front desk to obtain a credit card from all our guests; no matter age, race, gender, etc. I hope that helps to explain the true reason for the request from our front desk agent, and ease the hurt you felt at check in. Sometimes, with new front desk agents, they get a bit flustered with unexpected objections and we use experiences such as yours as a training opportunity. we will be using your experience in our next staff meeting, as this will help guide our front desk agents on the appropriate response to these questions moving forward! Thank you for being honest and sharing. It is guests such as yourself that help us to obtain even better customer service!

We hope if you are ever in the area that you will give us an opportunity to change your opinion!

Enjoy your fall season!

Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived, checked our room, went to turn up the air conditioner and the carpet was soaked from the leaking air conditioner. Called the front desk and they immediately moved us to a different room. They offered the option of 2 different rooms but we accepted the first one offered. The manager checked it out first before bringing us the room keys to make sure that it was in optimal condition.
The kitchen suite was really nice, fully stocked with dishes, pans etc., stove top, microwave, and dishwasher.
The ice maker didn't work. When I told the maintenance man he said that he would come check on it but he never showed up.

The washer and dryers were free, but you had to buy your own soap and fabric softener from the hotel store.

The rest of the staff were friendly.

If you join the Carlson Hotels membership (free) before you book your stay, you can get a better rate than with the other online booking sites.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you K R for your very honest review of our property here at the Candlewood Suites Huntersville! We appreciate your feedback, as it assists us to constantly improve and reminds us to always stay on our toes!

First, I want to apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms upon your arrival. We try to catch these issues before they occur; however, sometimes, A/C units can give us troubles in the summer months. We have implemented a new inspection process for our maintenance engineer; as well as, our housekeeping staff, so that we may keep situations like this from occuring in the future! Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

We are thrilled that you found our unique amenities beneficial, and that you highlighted them here. Candlewood Suites as a Brand likes to stand out from the crowd when it comes to accommodations. Our fully equipped kitchens and on-site laundry are two key amenities that we offer our guests complimentary. We want you to feel at home, and for things to be as comfortable as if you were walking into your own home!

Again, Thank you so very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and we hope to continue to grow and improve so that you will find our hotel to be the best of the best upon your return!

Please remember, our loyal IHG Reward members can find discounted rates and offers online! Call the hotel directly for details!

Until we see you again, please take care!

Warmest Regards,

Been to Candlewood Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!