“Good place to stay for extended stay in Huntersville NC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good place to stay for extended stay in Huntersville NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

While working in the lake Norman area this is the second time that I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Huntersville, N.C. They worked with our business on the rate and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Close to several restaurants and RT 77 however the best part of the stay here has to be a woman that works the front desk. When we walk in from a long day she always greets us by name and she remebers everything and trys to make our stay as good as possible. So if you decide to stay here say hello to Rose and she will make your stay a comfortable one.
I also believe that they have pet friendly rooms on the first floor I haven’t heard them however I have seen a couple of dogs over the last couple of weeks.

Room Tip: They do have larger suites and this will provide a seperate bedroom from the living room and kitchen
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! Customer service is our top priority, and Rose embodies the definition of customer service. We hold our whole staff to a high standard when it comes to guest service. We may not be able to change the age of the building, or other similar tangible items; but, we can ensure that we provide the type of customer service that make our guests feel special. During your stay, you truly are at home while away from home. We want you to feel comfortable, and at ease while you are staying with us! We will use your review to continue to motivate our staff to keep striving to be the best! Again, thank you for staying with us here at the Candlewood Suites Huntersville. It's truly our pleasure to have you stay! Look forward to welcoming you "home" again in the future!

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

OK. Now this is the 4th time I've been to Huntersville, NC. This time, we let my brother-in-law book our room for us. That's a mistake, not because I don't like my brother-in-law; it's just that he didn't look at the details like I would have.

First, the rooms were clean and pleasant, although uninspired. We were surprised to see that the suites were equipped with queen sized beds. This is posted in the online information, but I didn't see that. My wife and I are used to the room of a king, so I decided to sleep on the sleeper-sofa. Now, I've slept on sofa beds before, but this was probably the worst mattresses I've ever seen. Crackers are thicker! And the springs didn't support me at all. I'm not a big guy, but my back hurt after one night on it.

The heat in the room was not controlled by a central thermostat, although there is one in there. The thermostat doesn't control anything. There are 2 wall units, one in each room. The knobs don't work well, and it was difficult to control the temperature.

Another feature we had hoped to see was free breakfast. Again, my brother-in-law didn't look for that; It's my fault because I should have seen it before we allowed it to be booked. The food you could buy was...not the best. And the cost was way too high. I should mention that our suite had a small kitchen and there is a Food Lion across the street if you are of a mind to cook for yourself. Coffee, however, was free (such that it was).

Perhaps the biggest surprise was the no housekeeping. They didn't make up the room; they didn't change the towels. Now, I don't expect the room to be perfect, but no housekeeping was too much. We were told to get extra towels from the front. But the used towels were in the hallway. That's gross.

The shower was a wrap-around. Not that it isn't clean, but it is cheap. The bathroom sink faucet leaked.

Many of these things I should have known beforehand, but I didn't check. That's my fault, but I definitely won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you're looking at.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property, we appreciate your feedback! Your responses help us to better plan for the future!! We apologize for the lack in accommodations at the Candlewood Suites that you found while staying with us. Candlewood Suites is set up primarily for extended stay guests, therefore we are currently practicing "Being Green" in regards to our laundry service. We do this by providing clean towels at the front desk and housekeeping service every three days. However, the property is currently under new management, and we will be reviewing this program moving forward into the new year. Unfortunately, we also do not offer a complimentary breakfast at this time, but our Cupboard is stocked with cereals, fruits, assorted yogurts, danishes, and other assorted items 24/7! We will review our pricing strategy moving forward to make sure things are priced appropriately, as we want all of our guests to find the Cupboard as an affordable option. We hope that if you are ever in need of an extended stay again, that you will give Candlewood Suites another opportunity to change your opinion! Thank you again for your honest review, and trust we take everything into consideration for a better tomorrow!
Orillia ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It is the first time my husband and I have stayed in a Candlewoods Suites property and we were pleasantly surprised at all the amenities and space provided for the price we paid. The kitchen was handy for preparing our breakfast and to make lunch for the next day's travel. We enjoyed the friendly staff, the comfy bed, the many fresh towels, the large work desk and, in particular, a screened-in window that opened to the quiet neighborhood (since we prefer that to air conditioning). We will look for this hotel chain in further travels.

Room Tip: window open so you have that option instead of air conditioning if you prefer
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shingi R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to give us a try and your wonderful review. It is always a great pleasure when someone visits us for the first time and has a great experience. Until you mentioned it in your review, I did not appreciate how great it is to have a window that opens up to let in some fresh air. Most hotels these days have windows that do not open at all. I hope your travels bring you back to our neck of the woods and you give us another opportunity to serve you. This is a great place to work and stay.
Tennecape,N.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel. It is an awesome spot to base your visit to the Charlotte and Nascar area. It is close to all the garages and is only a short drive to the Nascar Hall of Fame. The accommodations are very clean, staff really friendly and it even has a free laundry and fitness centre. Rooms are well equipped with stovetop,fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Right across the street from a major grocery chain and closed to lots of great restaurants. Just down the road from many great stores and shops. I will definately go back again on my next trip to the area. Another bonus is it is only 20 min. to Charlotte airport.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, the hotel if off the main road, tucked in a quiet area
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and might I add a big well said. Thank you for mentioning all our great amenities including our fully equipped kitchens and our close proximity to restaurants and stores. The Candlewood Suites is a fantastic choice for guests who are visiting for one night or several months and I am thrilled that you have picked us three times so far. I hope we continue to be your hotel of choice and we thank you for your patronage. We look forward to serving you again. This is a great place to work and stay.
cary, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff was excellent, so very helpful and courteous. The room was okay but for the very low price I paid,it was all around good value. I like the work area. I will be back as this is my territory for work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again when your work brings you back to Huntersville. Upon your return, please share your thoughts with my Team on how we can improve our rooms from being okay to great. We value your feedback as it gives us opportunities to do better and we thank you for your patronage. I will pass on your kind comments regarding our excellent service to my Team. We look forward to serving you again. This is a great place to work and stay.
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Angela and all the people there were all about making our stay the best possible.
The kitchenette was great and well supplied with cooking equipment. The bed
was firm and the entire unit was clean and fresh.
We used the laundry (free) and whenever we needed something it was
promptly provided.
We would definitely repeat the experience and reccommend the property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your raving review.I am thrilled you were able to take advantage of our fully equipped kitchens and free laundry which is always free to our guests. It makes a difference when the amenities offered at a hotel you choose are amenities that you can actually use. That is why at the Candlewood we say we are your home away from home. Thanks again for applauding Angela and our Team here in Huntersville and we look forward to serving you upon your return. This is a great place to work and stay.
Cranberry Townsihp, Verango County, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

They crew at this hotel, is excellent. Anything you need for your trip, they are there for you. Rooms were in excellent shape, very roomy, and VERY clean. We enjoyed our stay there very much, we will be returning back to this location. If anyone is going to visit Charlotte, Huntersville is north of the city, not to far away. But it's worth the drive because of the quality and customer service. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra money, to get the bigger room, that was a bonus. My daughter could watch t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our Hotel and Staff. I am glad that you found our location to be ideal for you and not too far from Charlotte. Our most important goal as a Team is to provide each of our valued guests with a comfortable, clean room and reliable, friendly service, each and every time they visit us. Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Huntersville and we look forward to serving you again. This is a great place to work and stay.

Been to Candlewood Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!