“Really great staff!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Really great staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I've spent several weekends at this hotel over the past year while participating in a local training program. It's almost unfair to review the rooms themselves, as they are currently undergoing a major renovation - and, yes, the bedding and furnishings are definitely due for a makeover. That being said, I really cannot say enough about the staff. I see that Tony Riddles has already gotten a shout-out or two here, and he really does earn it! He's taken care of our every need, printing and photocopying things for us to save us time; directing us to good local eateries; and even suggesting a good walking route for me during an extended summer stay. Though we visit only once every few months, he always remembers us by name and does whatever he can to ensure a nice stay. All of the other staff members we've encountered have been really helpful as well (Brendan also stands out). While the rooms that have not yet been renovated will definitely benefit from the upcoming improvements, Tony and the rest of the staff see to it that the place is clean, quiet, and family-friendly. They do a great job!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Stayed here the other night. The price was a great value, it was clean and quite.
The hotel is near several restaurants and shopping centers. Easy access to I-77.
The front desk staff was friendly and professional.
I will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Southern Pines, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

I spent 3 nights at this hotel this past week and wished we had spent 5 more minutes up front researching before we agreed to stay here. The hotel is under renovation and boy does it need it. The rooms have chipped furniture, dirty carpets, and noisy air-conditioners.

The carpet was wet in several areas without any clear explanation for the wet.

My room was not cleaned 2 of the days and when I raised it to the front desk, they advised me that their management report showed that the room had indeed been cleaned. When I offered to take pictures to show them the unmade bed and dirty towels, they had no comment.

Breakfast was really sub-par with stale breads and limited fresh anything.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have stayed at the Sleep Inn several times and I must say I am always delighted. The staff welcomes me with smiles, courtesy and an easy check-in. One of the front desk staff stands out the most is Tony Riddles. He has consistently been extremely helpful and informative regarding my membership, points of interests and good conversation. The location is tucked away and the room is comfortable and clean. The restaurants and shopping are within walking distance. A peace of mind.

Room Tip: The first floor suite is divine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lake Villa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel really based on location on a trip from Florida. This hotel was not fancy, but that was not what we were looking for. The hotel was clean, quiet and affordable. The price was right, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Hotel hallways smelled of smoke (even though I requested nonsmoking room) you can't escape the awful smell, comes under door. Has a fridge. Good for quick stay.Bathrooms small. Wished I could have checked out early.. Was ready to go after first night.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
North Canton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a great stay here, Toni at the desk was so very helpful, telling us where parks and golf courses were. Also, when I had a medical problem, located the closest hospital.
The breakfast was OK for continental. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.
A good choice for a low price.
In a good location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
pete m, Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Norman, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

Property CHI
GM
Sleep Inn & Suites Lake Norman

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!