“Non Smoking Room with Cigarette Burns in the Bedspread” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Non Smoking Room with Cigarette Burns in the Bedspread”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Upon checking in Tony was super! He upgraded us to a suite because we were getting in so late and he understood that my husband would want to stay up since he had driven all day and I needed to go to bed because I was the morning driver. He took the initiative to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Funny how I stayed in a non-smoking room, signed a waiver that I agreed to pay a fee if I smoked in the room (I'm a non-smoker), yet the bedspread had a cigarette burn front and center on it. Don't you think that they would remove it from service? Didn't make sense to me at all. Otherwise I would have rated it just a tad bit higher.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here about two weeks ago, and I found the room clean, comfortable and affordable. The bed was very comfortable. There was a little refrigerator in the room which I did not get at the next, more expensive hotel we stayed at. They offer free breakfast but we don't eat early morning so I just had a fresh banana from their buffet.

Also, very impressed with this: I left my laptop case with a lot of expensive items in it including my ipod, external drives, and laptop. I called the hotel several hours later when I realized it was left behind. Peter at the hotel said it was turned in to the desk by an employee, I assume a chambermaid. I was so happy because all of my irreplaceable family photos are on that external drive. They shipped it to my final destination in MA and not one thing was missing. I was so happy. I paid the shipping which I should and was glad to do, it was my mistake and I feel so lucky.
Thank you for a great experience for me, my first time at a Sleep Inn. Deborah W.

Huntersville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Room was average. A bit stale and musty. Bathroom was very small and I found some stains on the toilet. Had to re-clean before use. Sheets were a bit worn but bed was comfortable. Staff and service was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

pete m, Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Norman, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
On behalf of the staff we thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.
Concerning the issues you mentioned, please take under consideraqtion that our hotel will be undergoing renovations this fall. The sleep Inn brand will be replaced by Four Points, sheraton property. We are hoping that you revisit us when the renovtion is completed. The hotel will feature an indoor pool, larger and more modern fitness room, complte makeover af all rooms,
a restaurant on premises,a bar etc. We promise that your future experience will be a much more enjoyable one. Looking forward to seeing you in your future travel plans.

Pete Maldonado, GM
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Room was nice, breakfast was good and we enjoyed the stay. We did have a problem with one thing - but the front desk resolved the problem immediately! Great service and we felt very safe in the area. The Lake Norman area is so beautiful. We were visiting with family, but the area is a great place for vacations. Will stay again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have stayed here several times before- rate has really gone up from a few years ago. Front desk staff is very nice. If there are a lot of guests & you don't go to breakfast early, things get a little messy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth City, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was in town for a couple of days for work and this was perfect. It was quiet, clean, and had excellent customer service. The low price was just a bonus. The area where it is located is full of restaurants and I felt safe during my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Tony, who greeted us as we walked in, our stay in his hotel was excellent. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Tony went the extra mile to assist us with travel directions, places to visit, and where we should shop and dine. We really appreciated Tony's patience as we asked numerous questions. His southern hospitality exceeded our expectations! We will recommend this hotel to our Ohio friends.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!