“Acceptable for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
Pennsylvania
“Acceptable for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here en route to Florida for just one night. We received a terrific rate of $60 including taxes. We pretty much got what we paid for - the room was nice enough, but definitely dated. The walls and the comforter were a little stained, and the room had DEFINITELY been a smoking room at one point, even though it was a non-smoking room when we stayed. The fan ran very noisily, and the walls were paper thin. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton, but it served its purpose for an evening. Staff members were very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The place was not very expensive, especially for the great room I got. The staff was off the charts super nice! The night girl that checked me in was the best. I think her name was Kasey. She gave me a bagel cause I was starving and exhausted. The place was clean, kept and I felt completely comfortable. Thank you so very much Kasey & Brandi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed a few days at Lake Norman, and it was great to have a hotel close to the Lake and downtown Charlotte. The suite rooms add a nice touch. The breakfast was simple, and exactly what I expected. Fruit, waffles, toast, cereal, and pastries. Overall, I'm extremely happy with my choice and the value I received.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
pete m, Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Norman, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your travel needs. We're looking forward to hosting you again
in your future travel plans.
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very nice hotel - clean, quiet, relaxing. We have a Yorkie. He's also clean and quiet (doesn't shed, doesn't bark). Other hotels (RedRoof, La Quinta) either don;t charge for dogs or have a refundable charge (If there's no damage). We travel often, and these hotels almost always get our business. If you change your policies toward pets, you'll get more of our business. Guarranteed! Mick & Sue Vecchio

Room Tip: 1st floor, near the lobby and the ice machine. King bed, refrigerator and microwave. Nirvana!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

place was nice and clean make sure you check your reciept. my room was booked in someone elses name and they doubled my rate on my credit card. would not have found it unless i checked my account balance. when i called about it i was told i cant fix anything you will have to call back later. then when i did finally get someone i got my money back no appology or anything it was liek i was bothering them sorry its my money

Room Tip: Dont Bother to saty here or at least make sure to check all documentation
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hudson, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed on the 3rd floor at the end of the hallway, and the room did have a slight smell of smoke, (is smoking allowed in this motel)? However, they did have an HBO channel, clean room, nicely appointed, comfortable bed, carpet looked brand new throughout the motel. My only complaint was the breakfast. They either need to provide fresh options for fruit, and protein items like eggs and sausage or just omit them entirely. They offered the typical breakfast of cereals, yogurt, beverages, etc. When I arrived a little after 6AM, there were only 2 pieces of fruit out, (no doubt left over from the day before) and their idea of sausage biscuits were prepackaged (they looked disgusting) and their eggs were prepackaged as well; 2 to a package, hard-boiled and peeled, and when I opened the package, (which was difficult to do, as they only provide plastic cutlery), a strong sulfureous odor burst out and I thought I was going to be sick. I couldn't throw those eggs away fast enough. Why can't these motel chains figure out what customers need when they are away from home? Just a comfortable bed, clean room, decent cable TV, and a simple, wholesome, FRESH breakfast to get us on our way.

Room Tip: If you are driving, be sure and stop at the North Carolina welcome center to get your hotel/motel co...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vass, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

this hotel was EXCELLENT!!!!! Great location. the room was FANTASTIC! the room was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Very friendly staff they helped me out with any questions i had about the area and they printed me off a map of the area without me even asking. I will definitely recommend to one of my peers to stay at the Sleep Inn in Huntersville... thank you for the great experience and awesome hospitality. I will definitely stay here again when i am in town.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!