“interesting and pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 attractions in Huntersville
Type: Children's Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Visit us for extraordinary and rich play experiences that value imagination, fun and learning. The Museum offers an adventure in play adventure for children age birth through 7 and their parents or caregivers. Join us for daily puppet shows and story time.
Salisbury, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“interesting and pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

For what we paid just to get in, I had visions of this amazing children's interactive museum (like other's we've been to). Instead it looked more like home experiments you can order out of a catalog. So why so expensive?

Visited November 2012

Cramerton, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
“My KIDS love it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We always have an excellent time here. My kids always have a hard time leaving! Highly recommended for all age levels. (we have 3-8).

Visited September 2012
Concord, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
“Fun friendly family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

So much to do here it might take a while before you can leave. Be warn if you come here with kids. You will be stuck here for a while.

Visited December 2012
Charlotte, NC
“3 hours of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I brought my 14 month old and 4 year old daughters here last week. After 2.5 hours I had to force them both to leave because the little one needed a nap, but they would have happily stayed and played all day. We are headed back up tomorrow. It was perfect for their ages!

Visited January 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Perfect place to entertain your kids from when they start walking to kindergarden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We live very nearby and have an annual pass to DPK, and are there at least once a month. It is over a dozen play areas in one location. Including 2 water tables, one with high chair type seats and on standing with aprons (provided) to block water. There is an actual fire truck, a pet shop complete with kennels and vet supplies, a grocery store with a variety of play food & carts and our recent favorite- a restaurant. My 3 year old can spend an hour in there. He "makes" me food in the oven and a salad from the salad bar. When he was one he enjoyed the special "under 3" area and the sea/ under water themed room. Still loves driving the pirate ship and pushing all the buttons in the submarine. The art room has 2 specific crafts every day as well as free art with glitter and glue. Upstairs there is a play airport and lego wall as well as a place to make your own car and race it down a track. I cannot say enough great things about this place. I am not even describing the farm, play auto repair shop, doctors office, speed boat, or gymnastics area & min rock wall. There is even a local "home cooking" and sandwich shop across the street for lunch (Lupie's). There are vending an soda machines in the break room if you need a snack. While Discover Place in downtown Charlotte is geared more for school age children, I see kids up to around 7-8 having a blast at DPK in Huntersville. My son never gets tired of it, there is just so much to do there. (That is if I can keep him away from the huge train table, we have a train table at home.) If you are looking for something fun to do for an hour or four hours with kids under 7, this is your place. They will have a BLAST!

Visited January 2013