“Met our needs for one night...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Erie, PA
“Met our needs for one night...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stopped here thinking we were stopping at another Comfort Suites that we had stayed at before but we were one exit off. This one was as a nice as the one we had stayed at previously. We stopped here when traveling home from Florida. It is located a short distance from the interstate and behind some other businesses. Restaurants close by.

Room was big and clean. We needed to use the sleeper sofa but were short one sheet. When we went to the front desk, Kim said she did not have access to the linen closet- which is odd that the only hotel employee on site at night does not have access to the linen closet? I persisted a bit and she did go into an unoccupied room and got one from there. Kim was resourceful but surprising that she had do that rather than just have access to the linen.

Breakfast was very below average compared to other similar type hotels. It was very blah. The eggs looked so processed and rubbery. Stick with cold cereal or packaged oatmeal. Juice was very watered down.

I'd give the room 4 out of 5 but the breakfast brought my score down to a 3.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Savi S, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to lets us know how we are
doing, it is greatly appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for a Nascar Race and thought it was great that the hotel had a "welcome race fans" banner, and also had a few Nascar-sponsored displays in their lobby. They did this while still keeping a clean, professional, classy feel to the hotel.

The rooms were pretty nice. They had a good sized fridge, a sofa and armchair and the computer desk/chair were pretty comfortable. Free wi-fi worked well too.

The bed was really comfortable as well.

The indoor pool is quite small and it's ridiculously humid in there (maybe because of the hot tub), but I guess it does the trick if you want a quick swim. When I looked in the workout room, at least one piece of equipment appeared to be out of order...but to be honest I was there for a Nascar race... this had zero impact on my stay :)

The free breakfast was exactly what you'd expect from a hotel at this price point. An ok selection of ok food.

The parking lot was a nice size and felt safe. The staff that we encountered were all friendly as well. We had a slight mix-up with our check-in because one of our nights were free, but they worked it out for us.

All in all, a good hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Savi S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to do the survey, we appreciate
your bussiness and the feed back, we continuously strive to improve the level of service and with positive feed back comments like make it easy for us to want to improve.
Barboursville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I traveled to Huntersville to compete in the 2013 Warrior Dash. The hotel was completely booked due to this event and what appeared to be a local baseball tournament. I was very pleased with my stay. The room was very clean and well furnished. There is a microwave, a fridge, and a Keurig coffeemaker in the room. The bed was comfortable, and I slept very well. I have no complaints at all about the room. The hot tub in the hotel was very nice, and I was pleased that the hotel had one to begin with. I did not use the fitness center, but it appeared to have more equipment than your usual hotel. Like most of the reviews, I was not overly impressed by the breakfast by any means. There wasn't a huge selection of food to choose from. That being said, I was pleased that they offered complimentary breakfast. Most hotels seem to enjoy charging you $4 for a bowl of cereal, so it was nice to have one included in my stay. The hotel is in a good location. There is a Dunkin' Donuts and a Bojangles nearby. The only other complaint I could make about the hotel at all is that the elevators had kind of a funny smell, but like I said, the hotel was completely full so it could have been some of the people and not the elevator that had a slight scent to it. I was very pleased with my stay, and I would stay here again if in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Savi S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank You very much for your review from the staff and management and
we hope to see you in the near future. Its rerviews like these that make the employees
strive to do much better.
Thank You!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel was well kept, clean, quiet, staff members were overall helpful, especially Kim, and the complementary breakfast was decent. If you are looking for a hotel with a large pool this one is not for you.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank You for taking the time to gave us a review, from the staff and management
Winchester Springs, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed four nights over Memorial Day weekend. Pleasantly surprised with cleanliness and professional lay-out of the room. Stocked with mini-fridge, microwave, and even a Keurig coffee maker. Had multiple issues with room key not working but easily remedied with trip back downstairs to "reprogram". Breakfast was not worth the trouble but I wasn't there for the breakfast anyway. Dunkin Donuts and Bojangles close by for that. Vivian, at front desk, was a pleasure and I had no issues with Kim either but did witness a bit of her "New Yorker" coming out at those who couldn't understand/read that breakfast on Saturday started at 7:00..not 6:30..not 6:45. Since I wasn't on the receiving end I found it a humorous watch but none-the-less somewhat "unaccomodating". Indoor pool didn't seem inviting enough for me to even try but may well have been just fine. Provided once the dust settles and all my charges are in line, I still would rate it as an overall good stay. Only suspect charges due to fact booked early March for May stay and was called in March to question if still gonna "show up" because I'm getting charged for at least one night anyway for no show, but after further review of the play...and some discussion...it was realized that they made a simple mistake. It happens...it's all in how they handle it...so far, so good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean M, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review, we very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thanks again for sharing your experience
Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in April. We were visiting family and this hotel was so convenient only being about 3 minutes away from all of them. This hotel was so clean and the staff was really friendly! The location was so close to Lake Norman which is beautiful, and Birkdale Village which is nearby, was unlike any shopping village I've been to. It was gorgeous! My only negatives about the hotel was the quality of the breakfast, and the mattress on the sleeper sofa. Our son stayed the last night, and he said it was terrible. Luckily it was only for the last night we were there. The eggs were like rubber and didn't taste great. But, it was complimentary, so can't complain much! Overall, we had a really nice stay!
Highly recommend it since it sits back off the main road and is very quiet!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Savi S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank You very much for your kind comments from management and staff, comments like this make the staff strive to do better at their jobs
Thank You.
south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first time at this particular Comfort Suites. I was in the area for the race weekend and prefer to stay closer to the track; however this motel had the best rates for that weekend. I did book very early though and noticed that they did later raise their rates but nothing compared to the motels much closer to the track. Unfortunately Huntersville has grown quite a bit in the last several years and the roads and traffic patterns have not been able to keep up to the growing pace. Therefore the traffic in this area is bad most weekends and awful on race weekends.
The motel itself was very nice and appeared to be kept up well. The room layout was much better than some comfort suites in the area. I very much liked that they had the larger size mini fridges that actually have a small freezer compartment. This room did not have the small extra sink that most comfort suites have but I didn't really miss it although there was enough space in the room to have it there. The room was clean and the bed was comfy.
Breakfast was a little odd in that food was not put out in a timely manner so you had to wait and generally had to get hot items one at a time. Such as if there were bacon/sausage, there were no eggs. The odd part about it was that the breakfast area was not really busy any time I was there. Also the lady putting things out had issues with guests about minor things, such as people using the wrong cups for the juice or not closing the bagel/bread box. She would make statements about such for everyone in the breakfast area to hear. Just seemed trivial to me and she should have been concentrating on keeping food ready.
The staff here were friendly but slightly unprofessional when it came to following through on their duties. Such as the breakfast lady, covering the front desk at night, and hit or miss wake up calls. It was like they listened to what you said but their response was not like they really cared much.
I certainly would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the feed back, it has been share with the staff and I hope that this visit did
not change your mine about giving us a second chance, I appreciate the comments
and changes have been made to ensure that all our guest have a great experience.

Been to Comfort Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!