“North Carolina getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
Aylmer, Canada
“North Carolina getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Newer hotel with great rooms and amenities. Microwave and fridge in the room. Pool, hot tub and free breakfast each morning. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean. Some restaurants and shopping nearby. Central to many Nascar race shops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

First of all, my husband and I were looking for a cozy spot, that was peaceful, reasonably priced and clean! But little did we know that on top of the great environment, the upgraded clean rooms, and the serenity....THE SERVICE WOULD BE OFF THE CHARTS! The front desk clerk Sean was amazing! Not only to my husband and I, but to every customer that he encountered. The personal service that he gave was naturally, and genuinely essential to the exceptional stay we had in Huntersville! The beds were comfy, the breakfast was great, and the hot tub was very relaxing and clean. I picked up a card just so I could complement the hotel General Manager Savi on the great job that she has done with the overall atmosphere and amenities of this hotel. Thanks Sean for the best customer service EVER! We will definitely refer people here and come back at our first opportunity:-) :-) :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Savi S, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
I know that it has been awhile since you left us such great review but I would like to take a moment and say THANK YOU! We truly do appreciate all of your nice words and remarks. As a hotel we strive hard to take care of and please each and every guest. We are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you again and we would love to have you stay with us again in the future.
Woodbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here one night and liked this very new property right off interstate 77. Close to many attractions including a nice outdoor shopping district and Micheal Waltrip Racing close by as well as other race shops like Joe Gibbs. Young man working at counter was very helpful and answered all my questions. The night I stayed there were some free drinks including beer offered by the hotel as a managers welcome. Plenty of parking and the room I stayed in was very large. No real cons but the main road leading out of the hotel can be busy with morning/evening commuters.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The beds were soft, room was cozy and the staff was exceptionally helpful, will stay here every time I'm in town. The decor is beautiful and not overdone. The temperature was easy to adjust. I enjoyed the fact it has a microwave and refridge in the room very accommodating if you have leftovers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel generally 2 or 4 nights per month. I cannot rave enough about this hotel; it is one of my top 2 hotels within the 3 states that I travel weekly. Management and staff from front desk to housekeeping are very polite and courteous and they want your business. The general manager Savi, and Leigh, as well as the rest of the front desk staff and management always assure that my stay is as pleasant as each one before. If I am anywhere even remotely close to Charlotte this is where I stay. The hotel is conveniently located with lots of places to eat nearby as well as a nice Harris Teeter just down the road. The hotel has a nice gym with a weight machine and cardio equipment and also a nice indoor pool. The hotel is fairly new so everything is crisp and clean. The beds sleep great and the showers are always hot. The furniture in the rooms are plush and comfortable and a nice big flat screen TV with Cable and HBO. Not only is this one of my favorite places to stay but the rates are generally always less than any of the other Comfort Suites or Holiday inns I usually stay with. Throughout the week they have a manager’s reception in the evening with free food and beverages including beer and wine. They normally bring in Jets pizza ( my favorite pizza place, better than Howies!) as well as other local restaurant food. You cannot go wrong at this hotel and they will always have my business.

Room Tip: They are all good! If you have to stay in a handicap room, dont fret, its huge!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I loved this hotel, but I had one major issue. I was sharing a room with a coworker and she was NOT listed on the room. I did give her a key card and I had one but one night she went out and lost her key card. She was able to go to the front desk and get another key card by pretending to be me. Although she was staying with me and I had no problem with her getting a key card I do have a problem with the staff giving her a card without calling to verify it was alright for her to have one. So anyone who knew my name and room number could have walked in and asked for a key card and WITHOUT showing any identification they could receive a key card....that scares me. Other than that I had no issues. The room was very nice, the staff was friendly, and the amneties at this hotel are above average. I would stay here again. Managers might need to review security policy with staff. Make sure they check ID before handing out key cards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Johnson City, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff here is great and very considerate and understandable. They worked extremely well to accommodate our large group during a very busy weekend, which was Race Weekend and we were not there for the race. The hotel itself is very nice. We return to this hotel year after year for our youth basketball tournament.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!