“One of my top 2 favirotes” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Huntersville
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“One of my top 2 favirotes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel generally 2 or 4 nights per month. I cannot rave enough about this hotel; it is one of my top 2 hotels within the 3 states that I travel weekly. Management and staff from front desk to housekeeping are very polite and courteous and they want your business. The general manager Savi, and Leigh, as well as the rest of the front desk staff and management always assure that my stay is as pleasant as each one before. If I am anywhere even remotely close to Charlotte this is where I stay. The hotel is conveniently located with lots of places to eat nearby as well as a nice Harris Teeter just down the road. The hotel has a nice gym with a weight machine and cardio equipment and also a nice indoor pool. The hotel is fairly new so everything is crisp and clean. The beds sleep great and the showers are always hot. The furniture in the rooms are plush and comfortable and a nice big flat screen TV with Cable and HBO. Not only is this one of my favorite places to stay but the rates are generally always less than any of the other Comfort Suites or Holiday inns I usually stay with. Throughout the week they have a manager’s reception in the evening with free food and beverages including beer and wine. They normally bring in Jets pizza ( my favorite pizza place, better than Howies!) as well as other local restaurant food. You cannot go wrong at this hotel and they will always have my business.

Room Tip: They are all good! If you have to stay in a handicap room, dont fret, its huge!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I loved this hotel, but I had one major issue. I was sharing a room with a coworker and she was NOT listed on the room. I did give her a key card and I had one but one night she went out and lost her key card. She was able to go to the front desk and get another key card by pretending to be me. Although she was staying with me and I had no problem with her getting a key card I do have a problem with the staff giving her a card without calling to verify it was alright for her to have one. So anyone who knew my name and room number could have walked in and asked for a key card and WITHOUT showing any identification they could receive a key card....that scares me. Other than that I had no issues. The room was very nice, the staff was friendly, and the amneties at this hotel are above average. I would stay here again. Managers might need to review security policy with staff. Make sure they check ID before handing out key cards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Johnson City, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff here is great and very considerate and understandable. They worked extremely well to accommodate our large group during a very busy weekend, which was Race Weekend and we were not there for the race. The hotel itself is very nice. We return to this hotel year after year for our youth basketball tournament.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Chapin, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel and it is in great condition. The location is good and easy to access. The rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast was good. We stayed for the weekend using the 'host hotel' package deal for the Rennaisance Festival. Making the reservation under the package deal was a bit of a hassle. I never did get my confirmation email for two of the three rooms. But, the hotel was very nice and the onsite staff was great. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RICHMOND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel alot and whenever I am in this area, I never think about where to stay. The staff here is always accomodatiing and go out of there way to make sure my stay is great. The rooms are always clean with great water and coffee in the room as well. The breakfast is fresh and and never tastes frozen or left over. Great fitness room and business center. This place has everything you need when traveling.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been great !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think this is a nice property and will stay here again. I like the roomy entryway when I walked into my king suite. For once, I wasn't crowded by the closet in the entryway. Nice finishes in the bathroom with lots of towels. Very clean room all around. A comfortable side chair and sofa and a desk with a swingout feature to form a larger workspace. The keurig coffee maker was a nice touch.

I like the closet with pull out doors tucked in the corner of the room. The wall thermostat made me happy rather than having to fuss with the a/c unit. The bed was comfy once I was able to get up on it. I'm 5"5' and recently had knee surgery. Getting up on the high profile bed was a challenge but I slept well once there...I know there were some girls sports team staying in the hotel because I ran into them in the hallway but I couldn't hear them through the walls so kudos on the soundproofing!

The only downside was the staff who were rather lackadaisical once I got there, The night shift was more responsive than the day and evening shift during my 4 night stay. The desk was often not manned as I came and went and there was no sense of urgency to come help when I was standing there. Seeing someone giving herself a pedicure back in the office made me think twice about interrupting her and asking for help. But conversely, when I had a night desk clerk open a maintenance ticket because of the racket my a/c was making, she opened it and followed through to make sure the issue was resolved. Addtionally, I had a positive experience when booking the room. I had booked online but then the event I was participating in came up with a more desirable rate, I called to have my reservation changed to the better rate. The person I talked to didn't know about it and so let me know that she would call back once she found out more information. I received a call from the manager less than an hour later explaining that the new rate wasn't in the system yet which is why the original person couldn't find it. She moved me to the new rate and made a note in my online reservation.

So an overall positive experience. My first experience at a Comfort Suites and I was very pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lake Norman NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This again was a very spur of the moment stay, out home septic pump went out and it was going to take sometime to get it repaired. We were able to get a two night stay for less than 100.00 per night with my AAA discount. The rooms were fabulous, clean, comfy and beyond our expectations.. I would highly recommend this hotel if passing through our visiting Charlotte NC. (Its about 12 miles north of Charlotte) Great breakfast also included with our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!