“Every visit is a new taste sensation” 5 of 5 stars

(704) 895-5378
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 120 Restaurants in Huntersville
Cuisines: Mexican
“Every visit is a new taste sensation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I have visited about 10 times. I was skeptical because there are so many mexican places of varying quality. So listen up Huntersville, this is the place to go. Everything from chips and salsa to fish tacos to cheese dip to flautas are delicious. This is and will continue to be a regular visit for us.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Just the best, from the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I've been in the area for several years"
And since I discovered this place it's just
My favorite mexican in Lake Norman" trust me I'm from Chula Vista California"

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cornelius, North Carolina
“La Unica Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Cheap, quick, yummy. Try the carnitas, the mole, the No-Name dinner, the chicken soup or the fish soup......all five star!

Visited August 2012
Frisco, Texas
“Delicious Mole & Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

La Unica is what you want in a local hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. We lived only a few blocks away from La Unica for years and ate there regularly – starting on the first day they opened. We now live out of state but come back to the area frequently and will always make a point to stop by here to meet friends for lunch or dinner. It’s consistently delicious and, as you would expect from a family run restaurant, very friendly and welcoming. They have been accommodating to kids, large grounds, and wheelchairs at all times of the day – lunch or dinner. My favorite dish is the Mole de Puerco – a large bowl of chopped pork and rice smothered in an absolutely delicious mole sauce. On my last visit I noticed they also have the bowl with Chicken instead of pork. I'll try that at some point in the future. My family likes their queso dip, California burritos, and enchiladas verde. All very good. I wish we had a La Unica where we live now.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Friendly environment and really good food for the price. I will definitely recommend this place to others!