“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Huntersville

You added Super 8 Huntersville to your Saves list
Super 8 Huntersville
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   14135 Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC 28078 (Formerly Ramada Huntersville)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Columbus, Ohio
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

There are several nice hotels in the area, this is NOT one of them - PLEASE DON"T STAY HERE!
We were welcomed to our room with trash in the baskets and on the floor, mildew on the shower curtain and a leaking toilet. The outdated furniture had giant chunks splintered out of the chairs, table and desk. The A/C didn't work because there was fifteen years of lint, mildew, crud and god-knows-what- else caked on the units intake. I cleaned the intake with a towel to try to cool the room off (which thank goodness worked) the filthy towel was left on top of the unit, in hopes that someone would get the hint that the unit needed service. Upon our departure, two days later, the towel was still there.
I've been an avid traveler for twenty five years and can honestly say this is the worst placed I've stayed in in the US. I reserved this room in one of those online prepay deals and deeply regret ever getting involved.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lenee R, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues while a guest at our property. I only wish you had brought it to my attention while you were here so I could have addressed the problem immediately, making your stay more pleasant. I appreciate your feedback and will be looking very hard into housekeeping and will be checking behind them even more. I again appologize for your inadequate stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to see if there is anything I can do to make your situation better. I again appologize for your inconvenience.

Lenee Richardson,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Southaven, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here in July while on a vacation to the area to visit its rich NASCAR roots.
The pool was wonderful!! The bed was so comfy!!
We had a king suite and we absolutely loved the fact it had a mini fridge and microwave.
The a/c was hard to regulate at first, but once we got it to the temp we wanted it to, it was easy to maintain.
The bathroom could have used some updating as did the covers, but all in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel was filthy. (room 103)There were huge stains on the rug. The toilet seat was not attached. The lamp shades were all dirty and rusty, and one of the lamps by the bed had no bulb.The faucet leaked by the sink all over the counter. The bed was the most uncomfortable we have ever slept in. The pillows were all lumpy. Since Ramada took over this old hotel all they have done is put on new bed covers, added their toiletries and put in a little night light. We saw another room (102) in order to get a bulb and it was the same. At $68 this was a rip off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. i have never received better service than i did here (and i travel quite a bit for work and stay at other branded hotels). When we checked in, they took the time to go over things to see around the area, places to eat, making sure we knew about the breakfast, wi fi, etc. We were out by the pool and towells were running low, and within 30 seconds of me hanging up, more towells were out by the pool. I always got assistance at breakfast (offering me a tray since i usually got breakfast for the family and brought it back to the room, offering to serve my plate, etc.). By no means is this a 5 star resort, but for the price, cleanlilness and espeically the service from the staff, i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Ramadalakenorman, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful response on our guest service. We hope you stay with us again.
Huntington, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010 via mobile

The location is fairly good but the floor had not been swept. There appeared to be salt or something from a snow storm 5 days previous. The good side is the bed had nice white sheets and blankets. Nice clean beds. The sink stopper was down and would not come up but it did drain slowly. There were a couple of dirty spots on the wall behind the door.

• Stayed June 2010
Weaverville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

This hotel must have been renovated recently. I was in town for 2 days to attend a conference. The location is great whether you want to get into Charlotte, or Mooresville, or Lake Norman. The room & everything in it were spotless, the reception desk was very friendly and helpful, and the in-room free wireless internet worked like a dream.

Since I am a smoker, and I like to be comfortable when traveling, I took an Executive room which includes a fridge, microwave, king bed and very spacious room. Though designated a smoking room, I could not detect any tobacco odor at all! (And I do have the ability to smell tobacco.) The pool was right outside my door.

The free breakfast consists of plenty of coffee and tea, fruit juices, cereals, hot foods, fruit and yogurt, toast, biscuits, etc. on a self-serve basis. As a business traveler, that suited me perfectly. There was plenty of sitting space, or you can take your breakfast back to your room. Even though it was self-serve, there were hotel employees there to assist you and to make sure all was in order and well-stocked.

Next door are a couple of fast food joints, and within minutes are a grocery store, a pharmacy, and more restaurants. Everything you might need is very handy to find.

The one and only minor drawback is that there was no "indoor" hallway from my room to the reception and breakfast area. But that's the architect's fault, not the hotel staff's.

I would say the room rate was reasonable and within range for a large room with the extra amenities - I have paid more and gotten a lot less in other locations!

Overall this was a great place to stay for a few days, whether on business or a mini-vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We hope you visit our hotel again.
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Check-in was slow; I had to wait in a line that didn't move very fast. Since I and several others came after 11 PM, we had to stand in a foyer rather than go inside.

The hotel was clean and the room was nice, with all the amenities you expect at this rate class. Coffeemaker in the room, shampoo and lotion, etc.

The biggest disappointment was breakfast. It wasn't bad; they had hot cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit, but they promised bacon and eggs, which were nowhere to be seen both mornings I was there. I was in the lobby for breakfast about 7 AM, but maybe that wasn't early enough.

• Liked — Hot cinnamon rolls
  • Disliked — No other hot items
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Huntersville? Share your experiences!