“Pure Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RiverDance

We can't find prices for this accommodation
RiverDance
Ranked #1 of 6 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
“Pure Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have limited experience with B&B's and were a bit nervous about what we would find at the end of a long trip. What we found was peace, relaxation and new friends. The nights at RiverDance were our favorite, we turned off the lights, watched lightning bugs, listened the the sound of the creek running, enjoyed the cool air and watched the mist cover everything. I am an early riser and I was able to drive down the mountain and do some fishing, catching my biggest brown trout ever on a fly rod and then watch the sun come up on the water. This was one of the most memorable times of all the traveling we have done to date. We enjoyed sitting and visiting with Dave and Callie and finding what to do in the area. We have always traveled west to Colorado but decided to go east and we loved what we found at RiverDance.

Room Tip: We stayed in the TreeTop (upper level) and had a beautiful view, opened the window and listened to t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few nights and set goals for the coming year. My husband promised me that he had found "just the spot." I was skeptical. He reserved the place many months in advance and when the time came I was worried that a bed and breakfast was not a good idea.
However, when we drove up and saw the house...we were stunned! It was more beautiful than we had imagined. The rooms are decorated with such taste and yet so inviting to sit in any chair and relax. The porch has a breathing view of the mountains and a stream below.
I must add that Callie and Dave will become your new best friends. They will invite you to spend time with them or they will give you your privacy. We enjoyed eating breakfast with them every morning! We even went to dinner with them one night to listen to some amazing Blue Grass music at a local restaurant. We felt like we had known them all our life.
We relaxed everyday morning in the hot tub that also overlooked the spectacular view. How can you beat that? I honestly do not think you can find a better place to stay for a weekend retreat or a vacation spot that you will want to return often.
It is very close to several towns that had great places to eat, art or pottery to purchase, coffee shops to sit and talk, great hiking trails, whatever you need for a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor but the top floor was just as inviting.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

For those who love nature and breathtaking views, this is a must go destination. The owners, Callie and Dave are great people and hosts. The Riverdance house is very spacious, offering 2 suits with everything you might need: WiFi, kitchenette, microwave, coffee maker, and plenty of interesting books if you love reading. Suits are tastily decorated and you def get that mountain touch. We brought our dog with us and she enjoyed her time there too, mesmerized with numerous fireflies at night.

We'll certainly go there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

RiverDance is Home away from Home and the Wellendorf's are like family. I love this place. I've been to more than 60 countries, so when I say that the view from the decks of RiverDance are some of the best in the world it means something. Our last trip there led to late nights because we didn't want to go to bed and miss the constant change of fog playing with the mountaintops while thousands of fireflies put on a more impressive light show than any fireworks event. And always the sound of the running river down in the valley instantly puts you in a state of peace. The Wellendorf's are amazing hosts who give you just the right amount of attention. Perfect in every way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
beafort south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Riverdance is a great place for families with or without pets. Suite is spacious with plenty of room. The deck is great to relax and unwind. Wish that they had a full breakfast but for the price of the room that is expected, again you cannot beat the price for what you are getting. Hotsprings is not far for restaurants which was nice not having to drive forever to find something to eat. A nice place to stay with pets.

Room Tip: Stayed in the lower level for privacy but you might have noise from the suite above, we had early ri...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at RiverDance last week for two nights with the intention of getting away for a quiet retreat of reading and meditation. A colleague at work had recommended RiverDance to me, but I was completely unprepared for the beauty of the setting, the luxury and spaciousness of the accommodations, and the graciousness of the owners/hosts, Callie and Dave. I stayed in the Tree Tops Suite on the third floor, which has two bedrooms and a sitting room--but I also had the use of the owners' living room, dining area, kitchen, and outdoor deck. I can't say enough wonderful things about my time at RiverDance. I felt completely rejuvenated upon my return and wanted to book another stay immediately! It's a long schlep from Durham, but it was completely worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I love trying new places and yet I am content to return again and again to RiverDance. The architecture of the house is open and welcoming- and really sets the stage for the view. I absolutely love the jacuzzi - even in the barely cool August evenings it is such a luxury. My husband and I found that RiverDance gave us the space to have private conversations or time to lounge on the deck and read. We also enjoyed talking to Callie and Dave and breakfast! The trip into Asheville or surrounding areas wasn't so long that it was a hassle- but not too close so that we felt tempted to spend the whole time going and seeing. In fact, the first time we went to visit Asheville and stay at a nice place. The second time was mostly just to visit RiverDance - it is an experience unto itself.

Room Tip: The River Rock room options are more private and a great ground option for dogs!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to RiverDance? Share your experiences!