“Getaway to Hot Springs, NC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of RiverDance

We can't find prices for this accommodation
RiverDance
You added RiverDance to your Saves list
179 Deer Leap, Hot Springs, NC   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sevierville, TN United States
“Getaway to Hot Springs, NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Riverdance is a great place to stay. We only live an hour a way in TN and decide to hit the springs for a romantic getaway. Did a search on tripadvisor and the reviews lead us to this beautiful B&B just minutes from Hot Springs. This wonderful home is perched on the side of a mountain with wonderful views of the mountains and a snaking river. We really enjoyed the owners as they were most hospitable offering snacks, directions, and several suggestions of todos while on our visit. We really enjoyed the home and felt at home. My only holdback on not giving 5 stars had nothing to do with location home or comfort or hospitality. It was that our bedroom / floor was directly above the owners. I just could not help thinking we were disturbing them even though she assured us we were not. The living area on our floor had a very comfortable couch and tv but was open to the main floor, so tried to keep volume low and laughs as low as possible as we are night owls. I would defiantly recommend this b&B to anyone and we will be returning but we will request the first floor for privacy and more convenient access to the Hot tub and parking area. We loved our stay and cant wait to come back. FYI Callie suggested we do Navitat zip line adventure and it was awesome. We have zipped several times before but this is a first class adventure. Thanks, Callie, Dave, Midge and Jack for a great stay.

Room Tip: Bottom Floor More Privacy
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Not your ordinary B & B -- we had the entire second floor, 2 bedrooms and a living room area with TV! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. Unfortunately, we could only stay one night so we didn't have the opportunity to use the hot tub. The house is located on the side of a mountain with a gorgeous overlook and beautiful sunset viewing opportunities. Breakfast was a buffet with many choices -- muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, great coffee, etc. Dave and Callie (and Midge, their dog) were friendly and helpful hosts who treated us like family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Waxhaw, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Riverdance was the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The place was amazing, views are priceless and Callie, Dave & Midge made 11 girls on a bachelorette weekend feel like family! I could sit on one of the porches for hours and not get bored. The hospitality shown was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I am hoping for a yearly trip to Riverdance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We travel a lot and love to stay in B&Bs so were delighted to find RiverDance. It was a bit different from the usual B&B - but in nice ways. You get an entire floor of the house to yourself - above or below the main level. We stayed on the lower level so had easy access to the car - and our living area opened up to a huge deck with the hot tub. It was darker than the top floor which also looked very nice but didn't have its own deck. (Everyone has access to the beautiful deck on the main level so its no big loss.) We diid not meet Dave but Callie was delightful, frinedly but not invasive like some B&B operators. If you like to hike, we recommend both Max Patch and the walk along the Laurel River which ends up at the Fr Broad. Both are absolutely lovely - even in Feb!! We only stayed one night and wish we could have stayed longer. The only reason I hestiated to write this positive reveiw was bec I want to keep RiverDance a secret. It is THAT good!

Room Tip: Bottom level opens up to private deck with hot tub. Views to die for. Top floor is brighter - sunn...
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I found RiverDance via this website... I was needing a locale for a surprise getaway... I read the reviews and quickly gave Miss Callie a call.. She was awesome! I knew after talking to her that I had found my perfect location... When we arrived, Miss Callie welcomed us like old friends and made us feel right at home... RiverDance was very clean and comfortable and the view was amazing!(Star gazing from the hot tub is a memory I shall hold dear) Miss Callie and RiverDance helped me pull off exactly what I was wanting to do. Surprise my girl with a wonderful escape; she hasn't stopped talking about it to all her friends. Thank you, Miss Callie, for opening your lil piece of heaven. We will be back.. You can count on it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at RiverDance for two nights at the end of February-- wish we could have stayed for a week longer! My boyfriend and I spent our days hiking and exploring and our evenings relaxing in the hot tub. Callie and Dave were very welcoming and took their time to get to know us. We really enjoyed the personal touch and seeing Callie every morning for breakfast.

Reasons we LOVED RiverDance:
-Our dog could stay with us!
-Absolutely beautiful and clean home
-Hot tub with stunning views
-Beautiful outdoor living space complete with a fireplace
-Knowledgeable hosts with many recommendations for hiking, dining, and other adventures
-In-home massage available (traveling massage therapist)
-Relaxing with the windows and doors open
-The view from the decks

My boyfriend and I would love to invite a few of our family members to join us for a week at RiverDance. We are hoping for sometime this autumn!

Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Riverdance for two nights and we could not have asked for a more relaxing, amazing stay. Callie and Dave were accomodating in every way imaginable and made us feel right at home. Their home is absolutely georgous. It has the open, airy feel of being out in nature with beautiful views of the mountains and the river, yet still maintains its coziness. Whether you are looking to check out the area, go hiking, or just stay and relax at the house, you cannot go wrong at Riverdance. We will definately be going back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to RiverDance? Share your experiences!